How to lose a bandit tailing me

zwz

So happy to find this site, sorry for my poor english. I have two questions that bothers me a lot.

The F-22 in the real world can cruise at mach 1.72, and no plane can catch up with it. But in the game, every one seems can supercruise, including su-27/35/37. I have done severals test and I tried to lose it at 30000/40000/50000/55000ft, but none of that works.

What i want is an altitude, at which i can sustain a speed without using my afterburner and fly faster than the sukhoi family. is that possible?

Besides, i have watched a video showing the texture mod on youtube, which improved groud textures( F-22 2008 episode 1) Is that included in the current F-22 2008 BETA 1.5?

So happy to find this site, sorry for my poor english. I have two questions that bothers me a lot.

The F-22 in the real world can cruise at mach 1.72, and no plane can catch up with it. But in the game, every one seems can supercruise, including su-27/35/37. I have done severals test and I tried to lose it at 30000/40000/50000/55000ft, but none of that works.

What i want is an altitude, at which i can sustain a speed without using my afterburner and fly faster than the sukhoi family. is that possible?

Besides, i have watched a video showing the texture mod on youtube, which improved groud textures( F-22 2008 episode 1) Is that included in the current F-22 2008 BETA 1.5?

Well supercruise is rated around M1.25 cruising at 1.75mach is using afterburners..the F22 is rated for over mach 2.0 in real world and has a ceiling of 60000ft.

Not sure but I thought you could cruise faster than the Sukhoi family?? I will have to test that theory??

I believe the texture mod is included in beta 1.5..

I've experienced the same thing, with a Sukhoi (or even a lowly MiG-21) doggedly pursuing me as I egress at Mach 1.2 at 50k in full mil, even when I'm at EMCON 1 and out of their detection range. No doubt this is a "balancing issue" to make the game more challenging. Unfortunately, to the best of our knowledge, changing flight envelopes require exe edits, so we have not been able to make reasonable changes thus far.

Polak's texture mod is not included in the latest F-22 2008. The texture mod is currently a proof-of-concept, and is only present for a single time of day. We did not include the texture mod because a few things need to be fixed, then changes applied across all times. Getting the texture mod fixed and applied across the board is a high, long-term priority for the mod team.

Glad you're enjoying the sim.

I can lose a F-18E at 55000ft, and that's all I can do. I can't even lose a tornado if the AB is not properly used. It seems the raptor is a magnet that "pulls" a pursuing plane. Maybe the best altitude is 40000ft to get the fatest cruising speed.

So what do you usually do when you are followed? In the campaign I always run out of ammo and got followed by lots of flankers.

I can lose a F-18E at 55000ft, and that's all I can do. I can't even lose a tornado if the AB is not properly used. It seems the raptor is a magnet that "pulls" a pursuing plane. Maybe the best altitude is 40000ft to get the fatest cruising speed.

So what do you usually do when you are followed? In the campaign I always run out of ammo and got followed by lots of flankers.

Here's what I do:

In the event you are being chased, but no missiles are flying, I make sure they can chase but not close.

If they are closing, I put on the afterburner enough to keep pace or open slightly. I will also do this in conjunction with putting the FPM just below the waterline on the HUD in order to pick up speed via gravity. I also use the systems MFD which will tell me how far I can go at the current altitude and throttle setting, and I make sure that distance is larger than the distance to my final waypoint. Of course if it isn't, you still need to keep the AB on with the hope that you can throttle back as you get closer to home.

When you go "feet wet" on egress, call for help (AWACS->Help->Threat Hot). If you have AWACS up, they may vector a CAP flight to engage your pursuers. Likewise, if you see friendly fighters on your route home, you can always fly toward them so they can sanitize your six.

If you do run out of gas after outrunning a bandit, don't despair. If you have been flying at a high altitude, put your flight path marker 3-5 degrees below the horizon, glide around 200kts (number will vary with altitude) and try to dead-stick to a friendly airfield. You'll be surprised at how far you can glide the bird.

Hope this helps.

When you go "feet wet" on egress, call for help (AWACS->Help->Threat Hot). If you have AWACS up, they may vector a CAP flight to engage your pursuers. Likewise, if you see friendly fighters on your route home, you can always fly toward them so they can sanitize your six.

Yes...... I've done this, but there is a last resort: use your wingman, wingmen to engage. It could save your bacon but possibly not theirs.

I've experienced the same thing, with a Sukhoi (or even a lowly MiG-21) doggedly pursuing me as I egress at Mach 1.2 at 50k in full mil, even when I'm at EMCON 1 and out of their detection range. No doubt this is a "balancing issue" to make the game more challenging. Unfortunately, to the best of our knowledge, changing flight envelopes require exe edits, so we have not been able to make reasonable changes thus far.

Polak's texture mod is not included in the latest F-22 2008. The texture mod is currently a proof-of-concept, and is only present for a single time of day. We did not include the texture mod because a few things need to be fixed, then changes applied across all times. Getting the texture mod fixed and applied across the board is a high, long-term priority for the mod team.

Glad you're enjoying the sim.

Thanks.

I am looking forward to that mod

Don't hold your breath on this one. We're probably talking about 2010 at the earliest. Enjoy the imminent 1.5 final release.

Ha,thx.

I think it's good to live with a hope B)