Sunday

Stans

I love it!

First warm day in 7 months and I have the flu.

Sore throat, big-time fatigue, and general blechiness.

Got the new floor put down in that room I'm reno'ing. Man! I should be in the tool rental business ... what a racket! The power floor nailer cost $35 for the day, then I was 4 hours late returning it, so that's another $24 ($6/hr.), then there was the 10% extra to cover any damage during "normal" use. So if the thing breaks when you are using the tool normally, you're still responsible to pay for the repair. Back in my day, that would be considered a cost of doing business ... now it's the consumer's responsibility. Total bill for the nailer: $96 including 1 box of floor nails and tax.

It's crap like that that make my blood boil.

Going to see if I can buy a used power floor nailer on Kijiji, Craigslist, and Ebay.

In my neck of the woods, a new power nailer runs close to $300, not including nails or tax. Used would be cheaper, unless it's damaged or worn out. There's one thing that bothers me about buying used equipment, what's so wrong with it that someone wants to sell it?

In my neck of the woods, a new power nailer runs close to $300, not including nails or tax. Used would be cheaper, unless it's damaged or worn out. There's one thing that bothers me about buying used equipment, what's so wrong with it that someone wants to sell it?

Lot's of guys buy a new tool so they can finish a one-time project in their own time and not have to spend all that money on tool rentals. I just checked out Kijiji and they have lots of power nailers being sold by guys who did just that: put in flooring over several days or weeks without having to pay $35/day for the rental. Now that the project is done, they sell the tool and get most of what they paid back. It's way cheaper than the rental costs and hassles.