Il-2 Forgotten battles

Kalrasha Cryton

You can see the version of the game when you start it up. On the splash screen, in red letters in the lower left, is the version number.

As for YIM, or email, or whatever ... let's just keep the discussion on the forum. That way, others who find themselves in your situation will be able to get the answers too.

Alright now for the in game I ham finding that when I start out on the runway I end up turning to the right really fast even with the back wheel locked what's wrong? is the joystick messed up? or do I need to fix the Yaw in game do you have a proper yaw setting that I should use? like a screen shot of it? And once the patch is downloaded how do I install it?

The planes do have a lot of torque on takeoff. You have to compensate with opposing rudder and bring the power on smoothly. Also, if you lock your back wheel, make sure you are good and straight before you lock it.

To see if your joystick is the problem, start a Quick Mission. That'll start you in the air and you can tell if your plane is pulling or not. If you can air start and the plane isn't pulling to the right, then your joystick is fine and you just need to practice taking off. Another way to check if your joystick is off is to go to the external view. Start a mission, either in the air or on the ground, and look at your tail's rudder. If it's not centered when you're not touching the joystick (that is, the rudder is deflected to the right or left of center) then you'll need to calibrate your joystick.

Getting back to your take-offs. There is a setting in the options to turn off engine torque. I don't recommend using easy settings like that because, honestly, it takes away the challenge. Overcoming challenges, like take-off torque, is what MAKES THIS GAME SO GREAT! But, if you are getting really frustrated, turn off torque for a bit, but be sure to keep turning it back on and practice those take-offs. I've flown this game for years and have met plenty of experienced virtual pilots who still struggle with that torque so don't feel bad. Practice, practice, practice.

To install the patch: if the patch's filename ends in .exe, just double-click it and it should find your install folder and do everything automagically. If it's a zip file and doesn't automatically unzip and install when you double-click it, unzip the file then double-click the extracted .exe.

Ok now that it's installed onto my game how do I get to play online? I don't know how to do that.

First, take some time to read the documentation.

Next, if you want to play online, I suggest you obtain the HyperLobby Client from HyperLobby. The HyperLobby client will help you find servers hosting IL-2 online multiplayer.

Read the FAQ on HyperLobby and you should be able to get online.

Also, if you start have weird lag problems with the game, or anything else odd, check this Vista/IL-2 thread at the UBI forums. Read the entire 3 pages of the thread before changing anything.