Version 1.51 and the future

Nemo

Hola HF (an all),

sorry for my absence but due my baby-girl any quiet moment is the right moment for sleeping... B)

BTW I've read about patch 1.51 (HF thanks for mentioned me, too good...) and I've a dream for the

next release.

I wanna be clear I'm not programmer/modder so I don't know what is possible or not, but using an

Saitek HOTAS equipment I would like a specific key-combo for choosing the Navigation HUD mode.

At the moment there is something similar with M61A2 GUN (I remember shift+Enter and shift+Backspace

select GUN, no matter AA or AG mode)

Is this possible, or I'm the only person with this need?

Byez

Nemo

Hola HF (an all),

sorry for my absence but due my baby-girl any quiet moment is the right moment for sleeping... B)

BTW I've read about patch 1.51 (HF thanks for mentioned me, too good...) and I've a dream for the

next release.

I wanna be clear I'm not programmer/modder so I don't know what is possible or not, but using an

Saitek HOTAS equipment I would like a specific key-combo for choosing the Navigation HUD mode.

At the moment there is something similar with M61A2 GUN (I remember shift+Enter and shift+Backspace

select GUN, no matter AA or AG mode)

Is this possible, or I'm the only person with this need?

Byez

Nemo

Unfortunately, the keys appear to be hard-coded into the exe. finding and changing those won't be easy.

However, I have the same need, and here's how I fill it.

I use the dogfight switch on my Cougar to determine mode. Flipping it up presses ENTER, which automatically drops you into AA mode. Flipping it down presses Backspace, dropping you into AG Mode.

So now that you know what mode you're in, switching back to NAV mode is as easy as knowing how many keystrokes it takes to get there. You know that when cycling the H key, the sequence goes AA, AG, NAV, ILS, REFUEL. So going to NAV from AA mode it takes 2 H keys, and 1 H key from AG. Likewise, you can get to NAV mode from any mode by hitting Backspace (AG) followed by H, so you can program that sequence.

I didn't know about the shift-ent/bsp. I'll check it out. That could be a great way to program the 2 stage trigger.

So now that you know what mode you're in, switching back to NAV mode is as easy as knowing how many keystrokes it takes to get there. You know that when cycling the H key, the sequence goes AA, AG, NAV, ILS, REFUEL. So going to NAV from AA mode it takes 2 H keys, and 1 H key from AG. Likewise, you can get to NAV mode from any mode by hitting Backspace (AG) followed by H, so you can program that sequence.

Hummmm really a good way thank you!! :icon_bow: