TAW 2008 v1.51 Hotfix

Home Fries

First, apologies for not finding this sooner. I did my testing with the classic menus, and overlooked testing with Jolly07's menu from F22 2008 v1R.

***If you do not use Jolly07's Modern Menu Mod, this does not apply to you. This will also be fixed in the upcoming 1.52 patch.***

For those of you who do use this mod, some artifact files were left in the mod that are from the original 1.5 beta; files which have since been updated in 1.50 final and 1.51. The only one that might have any effect on gameplay is the simultor.txt file which tells your pilot profile what missions to track for success and failure.

For now, this is a manual fix. An automatic fix will be implemented into the installer for the next patch.

Here are the steps to fixing the menu:

1. Disable the "Jolly07's Modern Menu" mod using GME.
  2. Go to the F-22 Total Air War 2008\MODS\Jolly07's Modern Menu folder.
  3. Delete the briefing folder.
  4. Go into the f22data folder.
  5. Delete the simultor.txt file.
  6. Re-enable the "Jolly07's Modern Menu" mod using GME.

Now when you load TAW 2008, you will have updated briefing files, you will see additional missions and campaigns, and your missions will now be properly tracked. You may now see success or failure on missions that don't match your achievements or shortcomings. This is unavoidable, but you will now be using the correct tracking. My apologies for any inconvenience in this regard.

First, apologies for not finding this sooner. I did my testing with the classic menus, and overlooked testing with Jolly07's menu from F22 2008 v1R.

OK, we'll give you a pass on this one, but don't let it happen again.

Just kidding of course and given the amount of work you have put into this no apologies are required. Thanks again for your efforts.

OK, we'll give you a pass on this one, but don't let it happen again.

Just kidding of course and given the amount of work you have put into this no apologies are required. Thanks again for your efforts.

I appreciate it; I just hate making mistakes.

Anyway, it's now a moot point. Install the v1.52 patch, and it will take care of the hotfix.

Thread unpinned due to obsolescence.