COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

Home Fries

Wednesday MP mission

Results 1/19/2011

mission1score.jpg

Hold on, hold on a minute mate! I can explain. Remember? The whole world blew up and we all went down (except you who just limped home) because somebody farted. The airbase commander is investigating and he thinks it may have been the only surviving pilot to blame. Stay tuned. ;)

Thanks today boys. Great fun. Need to get some fixes done: Neph's IP, HF's IP/TS3 and somebody get Battie to put a sock in his mouth! :( Maybe that's why Eagle's so quiet, he can't get a word in. :P

Good-day Multiplay flyers. I'm going to be away( Historic Motorcycle Racing) 'til Sunday 08:00:00 (GMT) so no chance for casual flying, but up and running after that.

Hawkx, like to do that Dam busting mission with you; and Eagle, I'm keen to do those recon. flights with maybe Blackout to start. :P:

We could fight our way to the targets recording ACMI screenshots noting headings and distance along the way. However one in all in. The more the merrier. Any newbies really made welcome. Even if you just come and watch and listen. I'm always entertaining. :whoa: We'll just post here to advise of times. Take care.

Edit: Here's where to get directions:

Current regular meetings: Thursdays 2:00:00 GMT

Hold on, hold on a minute mate! I can explain. Remember? The whole world blew up and we all went down (except you who just limped home) because somebody farted. The airbase commander is investigating and he thinks it may have been the only surviving pilot to blame. Stay tuned. ;)

I was thinking last night that somebody must've popped a nuke for all of us to spontaneously get cleaned out like that, but now that you mention it, maybe Hawkx hired some of his calendar girls to double as space rocks/kinetic delivery systems.

It all becomes clear...:ph43r:

I was thinking last night that somebody must've popped a nuke for all of us to spontaneously get cleaned out like that, but now that you mention it, maybe Hawkx hired some of his calendar girls to double as space rocks/kinetic delivery systems.

It all becomes clear...:ph43r:

:lol:. In all seriousness, you mentioned that "popped a nuke" when it actually happen. Is that a glitch in the sim or can somebody, internally or externally actually "bomb" the game?

I've dropped a spreadsheet at Air_Dominance-Box.net regarding Time Zones. It called "TAW2.0 Multiplay Time Zones 1.01.xls". Its to hopefully help with correctly determining mutually agreed times to fly. Its also been updated to 1.01. I understand the other day that one party turned up at 03:00:00 when it should have been 15:00:00. :(

Not you again Battie! :lol:

Its been updated to 1.02.

I have resurfaced... However I will have to drop by for a refamiliarization thing again with Home Fries most likely to get my copy up to speed and set up my latest "toy."

Yes... I am on Eyefinity with 5760 x 1080 as my resolution now, spread across 3x 24 inch... :P cannot go any bigger, I lack desktop room.

Hi Sweeper :thumbsup: Welcome back. Why don't you come by for Multiplay (02:00:00 GMT Thursday). 01:30:00 for setting up. I'm still banging into hangers, but what new ..... :lol:

Would think Neph'll be interest in comparing rigs. All the best

Wombat

Have to pass on this one, I got to get to work early in the morning and my body screams for sleep, nor do I wish to fall asleep behind the wheel on the way to work either.

So I will have to catch you some other time, just wish we could have hammered in a Friday or something with the weekend closing in after that, no work issues to get the in the way here :P

Have to pass on this one, I got to get to work early in the morning. My body screams for sleep.

wrong2.jpg

Sorry you missed us.

Edited by Hawkx

Sorry about the delay I caused back there. It's a shame that I also CTDed during the second flight. I hope I can find a way to avoid that in the future.

No problems. We all had troubles. Not a good start for you but it will get better :P I'll be in touch about times for just you and I as pre-training test. Good to here you tonight. :thumbsup:

May I suggest we "take-off" at 21:00:00 (Wednesday, East Coast US time) with who, and whoever is there and ready. I know this sounds a bit hard (and heaven forbid, I'm the one who's been suggesting we wait) but we are there to fly. Gees, that sounds even worse! ;)

We use a previously established and working host, setup a TS3 connection, etc and fly. If others arrive after 21:00:00 then we can always "come back for them".

I'm hoping to see Cleric at 20:30:00 on TS3 to check some things, but at 21:00:00 I will be ready to fly.

Wombat out

May I suggest we "take-off" at 21:00:00 (Wednesday, East Coast US time) with who, and whoever is there and ready.

Don't feel bad; I'm usually the one who advocates this. This is why it was my fault last week; I was delayed and asked you guys to hold off for a few minutes, then the delays started to ripple from there.

We'll start on time, and if someone shows up a few minutes late, we'll make the determination at that point whether to restart the server or finish the mission.

Sorry about last night, gents. I had just IM'd Eagle Flight saying I would be a couple minutes, then once I headed over to my virtual cockpit, my hand touched my MasterPilot and discharged some static electricity, which then unceremoniously shut down my PC. I'm hard down until further notice.

Well it was a crash and time out fest anyway.

And I couldn't join anyone either for some reason, I suspect the firewall on the router that is like the Nissan / Infinity traction controller, you turn it off, but it is still on :P

So, I am booking the router for a reflash this weekend from Tomato to DD-WRT.

My Speedtest however, seemed to turn out some rather interesting results anyway...

Same. Apologies. My PC is playing up. Constantly refreshing. Funny windows popping up. Tried a restore in desperation. Big mistake! This post being sent from my notebook and alternative ISP.

I've had a constant window about activating some curno thing with F7. That's happened before but now that's even gone as has access to Firefox and IE. Should have come through on TS3 last night which is working. Sorry.

Count me in for MP fly-in. I'll be on TS3 6:00 PM california time. :beer2:

Maybe we can fly a TAWBC mission I had the wizard make up?

Hawk's Advanced Combat.TBC

Find the mission at this address:

http://www.box.net/profile#/profile/10373734/page/1/1/614731419

Make a new mission folder in "Total Air War 2.16a".

Name the folder "New TAWBC gr attack"

D/L "Hawk's Advanced Combat.TBC" mission to that folder

Use TAWBC to install this mission in the 1st slot of MP H2H

Edited by Hawkx

Same. Apologies. My PC is playing up. Constantly refreshing. Funny windows popping up. Tried a restore in desperation. Big mistake! This post being sent from my notebook and alternative ISP.

I've had a constant window about activating some curno thing with F7. That's happened before but now that's even gone as has access to Firefox and IE. Should have come through on TS3 last night which is working. Sorry.

IT WAS THE B****Y COUGAR!! F7, F7, F5, F7,F7, F7, F5, F7,F7, F7, F5, F7, F7, F7, F5, F7, ....... (Eagle take note ...... maybe you're glad you can't get one :P ). I found out through the Foxy Key Test Window, and then kept pulling out a every peripheral. Keyboard .... no, Printer ....no, Modem ..... no, TrackIR .... no, Headset ... no, Cougar .......... YES! Should have realised: it input keystrokes. Now to see if I can get Firefox to work or even IE. Google Chrome where did that come from!! I've had my head down for so long somebody tells me its Friday!! :o

Count me in for MP fly-in. I'll be on TS3 6:00 PM california time. :beer2:

Maybe we can fly a TAWBC mission I had the wizard make up?

Hawk's Advanced Combat.TBC

Find the mission at this address:

http://www.box.net/profile#/profile/10373734/page/1/1/614731419

Make a new folder in "Total Air War 2.16a".

Name the folder "New TAWBC gr attack"

D/L "Hawk's Advanced Combat.TBC" mission to that folder

Use TAWBC to install this mission in the 1st slot of MP H2H

That's 6.00pm Thursday your time?

[1.00pm Friday my time]

I'll see what I can do ..... got to pick up son's dog, plug in TrackIR, printer, headset, flash/reconfigure Cougar (hopefully).

Be on TS3 if I can. :thumbsup:

PS. You'll have to guide me through that TBC/Slot stuff, but sounds good. I can never get to fly your other TBC missions.

IT WAS THE B****Y COUGAR!! F7, F7, F5, F7,F7, F7, F5, F7,F7, F7, F5, F7, F7, F7, F5, F7, ....... (Eagle take note ...... maybe you're glad you can't get one :P ). I found out through the Foxy Key Test Window, and then kept pulling out a every peripheral. Keyboard .... no, Printer ....no, Modem ..... no, TrackIR .... no, Headset ... no, Cougar .......... YES! Should have realised: it input keystrokes. Now to see if I can get Firefox to work or even IE. Google Chrome where did that come from!! I've had my head down for so long somebody tells me its Friday!! :o

Happened to me as well. Best bet is to unplug, then re-plug, and see if the problem persists after you set cougar in emulation mode. If it does, you may need to re-download your profile (at best), or reflash (at worst).

Happened to me as well. Best bet is to unplug, then re-plug, and see if the problem persists after you set cougar in emulation mode. If it does, you may need to re-download your profile (at best), or reflash (at worst).

Ye ..... thanks. Should have targeted to the Cougar first up. The unplugging ............. wait ........... wait ....... and re-plugging did the trick. I'm constantly download .tmc's as I move between TAW2.0 and F4AF.