COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

Home Fries

I'm back. Sore and sorry. Just lets say: don't use heavy front wheel braking on a motorbike when off the bitumen ...... even just off the bitumen ..... If you do (and only Battie would repeat the error twice in 12 months) leave you foot away from the dropping bike or it gets trapped. But that's easier said than done: you go down quick as the front wheel locks up and slides sideways. I hit the dirt at zero forward velocity. My brother on another bike got mine off me thank God as I was trapped. Nothing broken, but gees its swollen!

By the way, don't use heavy back wheel braking either. If you do it can again lock, but the bike is more likely to stay up and continue in a straight line. All this again on the loose verge of the road. However if you are cornering it can put you down. As it did with my same brother on another occasion only to break his collarbone.

The best advice of all of course is to just stay off bikes but what's left in life then ...... chess? :rolleyes:

I think this is a great idea to fly TAWBC multipayer flights.

I'll be on TS3 before 6PM California

1800 per Wombat's map below;

Updated to v1.08.01. Available at the drop.

TAW20MultiplayWorldMap10703.jpg

Thanks for the flight today boys, and all the help: Neph with that fatherly overview for my safety, HF with the friendly reminders (eg. "Your gear up Battie? " :rolleyes: ) and flight suggestions as my number two, Eagle regular acceptance of my orders as lead and Hx clearing a path for me as I limped home. Good to see you there Mulder quietly in the background listening and learning. Welcome to the TAW2.0 VFW. I was just disappointed by my performance. Seemed to have taken a step back today. Didn't really contribute much, but not for the want of trying. Equipment problems (Track IR down, no rudder configuration) didn't help but they're are just excuses. Got to get that SA in my head right, MFD view selection, missile avoidance, etc such that they are spontaneous. However it a long way since my "P for Pause" days and that's got to be a good thing.

Thanks again, Wombat.

Thanks for the flight today boys, and all the help: Neph with that fatherly overview for my safety, HF with the friendly reminders (eg. "Your gear up Battie? " :rolleyes: ) and flight suggestions as my number two, Eagle regular acceptance of my orders as lead and Hx clearing a path for me as I limped home. Good to see you there Mulder quietly in the background listening and learning. Welcome to the TAW2.0 VFW. I was just disappointed by my performance. Seemed to have taken a step back today. Didn't really contribute much, but not for the want of trying. Equipment problems (Track IR down, no rudder configuration) didn't help but they're are just excuses. Got to get that SA in my head right, MFD view selection, missile avoidance, etc such that they are spontaneous. However it a long way since my "P for Pause" days and that's got to be a good thing.

Thanks again, Wombat.

Battie, you are a killer!

I was impressed.

youareakiller.jpg

Hi everyone;

Sorry but I can't join you guys next week. I'll be traveling with my wife for the carnival holidays :rolleyes:

Good flight :thumbsup:

Thanks Marcus. We'll drink your health in the mess afterwards. Well those who get home that is (which is unlikely to include me :( ) :lol:

Marcus? Where abouts are you in the World?

We've put together a Google Map showing all our locations and more importantly our time zones.

There's a flier out of Switzerland, who's really getting his act together. To the point where I have offered to be his permanent No. 2. Not that I'm much help. :rolleyes: Well done today Eagle. :icon_salute3:

Thanks for tonight/today. Certainly a bit different to our normal Wednesday night! I've made more copious notes. Most interesting. Special maybe on how to select your wingman position in multiplay. That could be fun. :lol:

Just in regard to my patch and addons folder. I've move it from the TAW2.0 folder to the DID root folder. It won't get lost there, but is it far enough away from the TAW2.0 folder not to be an influence?

And in regard to TAW2.0 re-install. In future I'm going to backup my:

Patches and Addons folder

ACMI

TAWBC

Pilots

Customised game.cfg file (although I could use a GME Mod)

and Mods folder.

The only thing I missed today were PDL, MDL. etc folders for which I had some special settings. No problem. That'll teach me to make GME Mods in future. :P

Oh ...... and that Launcher thing-a-me ....... its now my best friend ...... ;)

Hey. It feels quite a long time since I last visited this forum. The incredibly and horribly unexpected cram month is over and I finally have some breathing room. And nope, I still can't fly multiplay since my project took so much of my time that I kind of forgot how to fly both the F16 and F22. It'll probably take a few days before I can hammer the keyboard commands back into my head.

But whatever. I'm just glad I can finally play this again.:)

Hey. It feels quite a long time since I last visited this forum. The incredibly and horribly unexpected cram month is over and I finally have some breathing room. And nope, I still can't fly multiplay since my project took so much of my time that I kind of forgot how to fly both the F16 and F22. It'll probably take a few days before I can hammer the keyboard commands back into my head.

But whatever. I'm just glad I can finally play this again.:)

If its Falcon 4.0, in what ever version for the F16, its hard, even just to get back into it. My starting point would be the F22 in TAW2.0 as it so much "friendlier". I hasten to add I fly both. Don't forget the regular weekly multiplay session (). But you, Eagle and myself are fairly close regarding workable time zones (09:00:00 GMT is 10:00:00 with Eagle, and 17:00:00 with you, and 20:00:00 with me), so leave a message here at the forum or use Rapr, ICQ or TS3 and we'll arrange a time. Besides, we need the practice to take on those "other fliers" on the other side of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. :P

we need the practice to take on those "other fliers" on the other side of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. :P

Wombat1940,, cleric_neokun says he is in Manila, Philippines

Very nice last night guys! Really funny!

Special thanks to my "SEXY" Lead Wombat! :P

Can't wait to "buzz" the tower again! (suck this Tom Cruise!) :)

See you next week!

Errrrr...... that "SEXY Lead Wombat" needs some clarification .......... :o

Wombat was re-installing TAW2.0 (yes, again :rolleyes: ) and had to type in a new pilot name. I just choose "S***" as it was the first thing that came to mind not realising that it would showing up in Multiplay. :rofl: Produced a good laugh for all and in this case accidentally done. Like most things I do: everything is by accident. ;)

Mulder, don't forget we fly at other non prescribed times. On your side of the world (timezone wise) there's You, Home Fries & Neph (2hrs back), Hawkx (5 hrs back) and Eagle (4hrs ahead). So just Ratr/ICQ or post here or TS3 us if you are looking for flight time.

Sorry, but we need (multiplay) fliers. Everybody's welcome to join. Our numbers are critically small. That's not to say you don't have to be compatible, and willing to learn. Don't worry they leave it to me to ask all the stupid questions! ;) My wish: to fly the "Operation Titanic" mission with no AI in the package. We need 14 real fliers for that. We're getting there: Cleric, Eagle, Hawkx, Home Fries, Mulder, Neph, Wombat ....... 5 to go. :P

See you in the skies.

Sorry boys, I'll be missing next week: Wed 23rd, 21:00:00 Eastern US time. Having lunch with a best mate's wife. Best mate not with us any more and she's finding it tough. I've been there and it is tough.

See you in the skies "SEXY Lead Wombat" needs no clarification .......... :P:

I don't need no stinken clarification.

Ringmybell.jpg

Wombat1940, on 18 March 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

See you in the skies "SEXY Lead Wombat" needs no clarification .......... :P:

Yeah, if Professor Dumbeldore turns you on!

Did I say that? Must have done Hawkx used the same Quote ....... :huh:

Wombat1940, on 18 March 2011 - 01:10 PM,

Did I say that? Must have done Hawkx used the same Quote ....... :huh:

I'm on TS3 now in California

Wildgoosechase.jpg