COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

Home Fries

Let's fly this mission on our Wed. MP fly-in 3/23/2011

Hawk's Dam Strike v2b.TBC

Find it here.

Use TAWBC to install it in MP H2H 3rd slot.

'Eagle_Flight' Thanks for your help.

If there are any third persons willing to give this a short test, please comment on whether or not you..

(a) succeeded in installing the mission,

(b ) you get the IP and the strike waypoint over the DAM.

(c ) if your wingmen manage to take out the dam by themselves) and if,,

(d) you get a missions complete when landing.

TAWBC fun to play with.

This is a sample of Hawkx Dam Strike v3

v3-1.jpg

Edited by Hawkx

Sorry boys, I'll be missing next week: Wed 23rd, 21:00:00 Eastern US time. Having lunch with a best mate's wife. Best mate not with us any more and she's finding it tough. I've been there and it is tough.

Have fun tonight ...... will expect full report at the de-briefing. ;)

Hey guys

I'm sorry to announce I won't be able to make the fly-in this week. I will be busy helping out with moving. Also my internet has been very fussy since the ISP has to change the address their sending our internet to.. Our cable isn't working anymore now at the end of the month. Hopefully I will be back online before too long, shouldn't take more than until next week.

Watch those bandits!

Eagle out.

Hey guys

I'm sorry to announce I won't be able to make the fly-in this week. I will be busy helping out with moving. Also my internet has been very fussy since the ISP has to change the address their sending our internet to.. Our cable isn't working anymore now at the end of the month. Hopefully I will be back online before too long, shouldn't take more than until next week.

Watch those bandits!

Eagle out.

Look forward to your return. Take care.

Fun flight tonight guys.

I even talked Neph in to a test my latest TAWBC mission.

I need a tester to alow me to host,, so I can see if my other two wingies can get fuel from the KC135.

I know I can in SP MP. All of us get fuel.

We launch from Brain Island.

Hawkx refuel v2.TBC

Edited by Home Fries

Sorry guys, I can't meet you tonight. Lot of work!

Have fun.

Saludos!

No problem Marcos. Just keep in touch.

Eagle? You missed out. ;) Three missions all completed successfully. Even Battie got up and down successfully. :P I think a better measure of the success of the night was every flier returned and landed at home base safely. This must be a measure of a team of fliers that work well together in protecting each others arses. The cooperative approach was clear to see. There was even enough confidence to let Battie lead an attack on a set SAM sites and take out a group of enemy A-10's.

All we need now is more people to join us so that they can take advantage of the obvious skills shown by the more experience fliers that flew tonight ...... Battie excluded. ;)

No problem Marcos. Just keep in touch.

Eagle? You missed out. ;) Three missions all completed successfully. Even Battie got up and down successfully. :P I think a better measure of the success of the night was every flier returned and landed at home base safely. This must be a measure of a team of fliers that work well together in protecting each others arses. The cooperative approach was clear to see. There was even enough confidence to let Battie lead an attack on a set SAM sites and take out a group of enemy A-10's.

All we need now is more people to join us so that they can take advantage of the obvious skills shown by the more experience fliers that flew tonight ...... Battie excluded. ;)

I'm sitting here seeing if Sweeper shows for multiplay and thinking about yesterday's multiplay. I realise some of the really good moments in multiplay are not always the spectacular ones. For me yesterday's the big moment was at takeoff in one of the missions.

We were all on the runway, Neph lead, Home Fries number 2, Hawkx 3 and me 4. I was immediate behind the Neph. HF to my left and Hawkx just behind HF. Neph gave the takeoff briefing instructions ..... then "3, ...2 ...(brakes off), 1 ....(full afterburner), Takeoff ....." ....... "going 180" ......" gear up" ..... braking right on the count of 3" ....... "3,2,1, breaking right" ...... "Go Autopilot 3,2,1 ........".

I followed the instruction to the letter, praying that Neph bird's didn't miss a beat (I was close .....real close). When we broke right it was sensational ...... I pulled a little tighter than Neph, wanting to give HF plenty of room ..... then went close trail on Neph ..... engaging Autopilot when directed. I get goose bumps just writing about it. And that was just at takeoff!

If you've never flown multiplay then IMHO you are missing out. Oh yes, there's plenty of shouting and strong talk later, but then your in combat conditions and it gets hairy. But its being told what to do and getting on with it. Do your job as directed. Especially when you have Battie with you ...... questions ...... more bloody questions ........

Only thing I don't understand is when we engaging Autopilot, Neph plane immediately inverted and dove for the ground. I tried to follow but the move was so unexpected I failed. However Neph return to the normal flight path very quickly. At the after flight debrief the Brig. General questioned the reason for such a move. However the reason has been made classified ...... not sure why? ;)

Looks like Sweeper's not going to show. No problems.

Wombat out.

Sorry, I dozed off sadly, hell at work lately so to speak.

A lot of customers drop by and need this done today, on one I was just done 1-2 seconds before the client walked in to pick it up...

No problems.

Wombat1940 hello ad thinks for your help , i am her and my time is gmt +1

You must have got it RIGHT. ;) I'll move our communication to here: Just have a read here please: http://community.combatsim.com/forum/38-f22-adf-taw/

Even Battie got up and down successfully. :thumbsup:

Battie,

Sorry,, my upgrade to my dam take out, did not have your mysterious shilka hiding underground.

:blink:

Sorry, it does ..... ;) These are real time shots ...... stay tune for update on next 30 seconds ......

Edit: Please note the time: it what I've been calling a "Late Arrival".

ScreenShot001-8.jpg

ScreenShot003-5.jpg

2 seconds later .....

ScreenShot004-5.jpg

ScreenShot005-2.jpg

Guys,

I'm leaving on a business trip earlier than I had planned, so I won't be able to make the 4/6/11 Fly-in. See you in two weeks.

Oh ...... :( Take care ..... :thumbsup: Thanks for the note.

Sorry, it does ..... ;) These are real time shots ...... stay tune for update on next 30 seconds ......

GOT HIM!!!!

yes.jpg

I changed the weapon loadout to include LAU698 Rockets. More importantly, I got a bead on him sufficient to put a WP very near, maybe over his exact location. Took a couple of recon missions to achieve. Just went in, rockets blazing. Even then he go a few shots off, but I avoided. Got "that's a hit!" confirmation and green cross disappeared. I've made a short ACMI video which can be downloaded here: http://www.box.net/shared/nhyd35p9jy

I think its time to move on. ;)

Wombat out.

Looks like I'm going to have to miss another fly-in. Currently we're working on some minor renovations (repainting walls) but my room should be finalized tomorow, allowing me to get a desk set up and so on.. Currently I also only have limited internet and data access on a family laptop - But as soon as things settle down, I will be back...

Greets Eagle_Flight

:( It looks as though I've stuffed up........ Its 13:00:00 with me now and I thought that was 21:00:00 Washington time. Apparently not. I'm here for our regular weekly fly-in. But it looks as though I'm an hour late. :unsure: I'm checking times now, but will remain on TS3 for the next hour in case anybody shows. (I understand Hawkx and Neph where here an hour ago.) These time zones together with DLS are a pain :angry: Standing by on TS3 .......

Had a disastrous few days: My accountant not happy :( (tax time and I have better things to do); supposed to go on bike ride to bike races but weather put an end to that :( ; wanted to visit old friend in the country, but my crook leg put an end to that :( ; clearing up garden with a friend but it looks worse now than before I started :( ; and finally can't join this week's multiplay fly in because I have to go and see my accountant :angry:

Have fun. ;)