COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been here for four years and still can't "like" anything Should we tell the admin(s)?

2 Fun missions yesterday, Wed the 22nd, One, with a twist.

Fly the mission just for points.

Eagle_Flight, Nephilim, Flycool, & the old Hawx'str.

Wombat, AWOL

excues-me.gif

We even had a chat with Eugene & Home Fries, over TS3. Welcome everyone

has anyone been flying past two wednesdays? showed up around 9 ESt didnt see anyone . just wondering.

Well I was there for a bit but has some PC Problems till about 8PM EST.. The NEW Time because of DST is 8PM But is gonna change back to 9PM EST as the clocks are gonna go Forward again in Spring..

Well, on the delayed Sunday fly in we had Eagle, Sweeper and WingNuts check in for a fly in and had a blast.

Even more special since I was nominated to be host and thus lead due to Eagle having internet connection issues (Fading and garbled speech)

Sadly my trackrecord wasn't that good, I lost 2 pilots on 4 missions, with custom combat and the first mission being the lack of causualities.

Great fun overall, and WingNuts saved his lead from engaging in a dogfight with 2 fully loaded SU-27's which would have ended with me running dry on chaff and forced to take a hit.

Excellent flying by both Eagle and WingNuts, and especially Eagle who did a 100 nautical mile glide to attempt a belly landing.

Well, on the delayed Sunday fly in we had Eagle, Sweeper and WingNuts check in for a fly in and had a blast.

Even more special since I was nominated to be host and thus lead due to Eagle having internet connection issues (Fading and garbled speech)

Sadly my trackrecord wasn't that good, I lost 2 pilots on 4 missions, with custom combat and the first mission being the lack of causualities.

Great fun overall, and WingNuts saved his lead from engaging in a dogfight with 2 fully loaded SU-27's which would have ended with me running dry on chaff and forced to take a hit.

Excellent flying by both Eagle and WingNuts, and especially Eagle who did a 100 nautical mile glide to attempt a belly landing.

:icon_salute3: Good Job there Sweeper! Just wanted to add that Hawkx and me also flew a mission to start it off, which went well! :) We cleared the bandits on the second try and managed to keep bill's limo and leerjet alive. Now I'm actually still on TS3 with Sweeper and Flykool, and we're about to start another round....... :rolleyes:

I've got the grand-daughter today :) :) :icon_rock: . Kick ball & frisbe in the back yard! Kylah is three years old going on sixteen at times. She still loves to have a sleep over with her Papa though. I'll be avilable by 6pm though. Hope to see everyone tonight.

WingNuts, or as Hawx might put it "Nuts" which is kool by me.

Hey, Eagle reporting in for debrief:

Had a good time! Neph, Sweeper and myself were around and we jumped into "Hawkx Campain Day 7 & 8".

Soon after takeoff a nice explosion at the base made it clear: our AI wingman wasn't up for the job..

Pretty early on I tried to take out two SA-6 from 10 miles out with mavs, and failed?..The range wasn't enough this time, leaving me baffled.. I was certain They'd hit from 10 miles..

Oh well, not wanting to waste any more mavs, I gunned them down with cannons.

On we went taking out ever growing waves of bandits.. First two there, then two from over there, then a three-ship then two two-ships.. An downed A-50 really got the swarm mad, and we were running out of ammo..

Just as luck would have it, Sweepers rig freezes out and me and Neph are down to our last heaters/cannon..

Next thing I remember, Neph reminds me to drop external stores! Great Idea, and I drop the remaining 4 Mavs off my wingtips to give me any edge I could get..

Then All I remember was that it was a 4 on 2... BAM, I got one, 3 on 2... BAM another, 2 on 2... And then suddenly they get me.. :(

Neph goes on to take out the remaining two, but now it is clear, a refuel/rearm is needed in order to continue.. He diverts to nearest base (Landing Waypoint), And I provide cover having respawned at the Takeoff base.

Little did we know, that the Brig Gen wasn't too content with letting us take off again with just two - for a mission that would require four top notch pilots - So we called it and went to eat supper :)

WingNuts showed up a bit later on to discuss some classified information regarding the acquisition of parts for ****************. :icon_rock:

Keep an eye out for posts by him regarding this topic :)

Eagle out

Nice one Eagle. :icon_salute3: Sounded great fun. Bit surprised about the Mavs lack of range though. :o Previous tests I think showed us up to 12 miles, but maybe in a dive.

No promises yet, and my stick is still glitching, but I've found some fixes, and I'm getting back with TAW - so hope to show up this Sunday. Just a heads up to people worried it might be empty.

Oh, and I've got a new ISP (actually over half a year back), running a new router as well, hopefully it will work smoothly. Then again it might be trouble, but I'll come a bit early.

edit: No, not this Sunday probably.