COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

Home Fries

Well done boys!. Neph, HF and Wombat at the fly-in. Started a bit late, but what the heck. Its post election day ..... ;)

For a change it was not me that taxied into the side of a hanger. :rofl: Nor did I have modem problems. :( Neph hosted and I was his number 2. First time I've felt I had good situation awareness. Made a huge difference. Managed to knock my first ever enemy fighter down just with cannon. In MP that is.. :o Neph got his usual bang of air and ground targets (this, I might say, at the same time as helping HF with some IP issues). Talk about multi-skilled ...... :P I bailed out at the BMS MP time-slot having banged my own share and even got home to make a successful, if not rather bumpy landing. :rolleyes: I think we got mission successful? :huh: Thanks boys! Wombat out.

• 4 weeks later...

Great MP flight today boys. That's really tough: RSO - Egypt No. 8 Airfield Strike. I'm amazed we all got home safely with mission successful. All thanks to the brilliant flying by Neph (our Lead) and No. 2, Home Fries. Although I think we may have lost our no. 4.

I did little as usual, except getting in the way, :rolleyes: However, the use of our modified brevity codes thread here came in most useful. I just need to start using them more that's all. Classic one I missed was "Going in Hot" on A to G with "Bearing whatever". I gather it was a near miss with HF who was also coming in hot but he had at least announced it. Its just that there's so much going on and the weather was really bad. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face! There were Bandits, SAMs, Shilkas everywhere. :( It was very hard to clear the skies which we attempted to achieve initially. I'm sure at times I was doubling up on the same target. But as usual I was the one left with all the weapons because of my hesitancy to fire. Frightened of wasting a missile. Heard Neph calling "Guns, Guns Guns" numerous times so he must have been Winchester. Love dropping those Cluster Bombs but is it "PICKLE" or "ROCKEYE" as the brevity code?

However its all good experience for me. I know it must seem a little mundane to the BMS pilots but its really appreciated by yours truly. Thanks boys. :thumbsup:

Good flying, Wombat. BTW it wasn't a near miss. I just had to hold fire with my rockets because it looked as if you were crossing into the line of fire.

BTW, "Rockeyes" vs "Pickle" vs "Bombs/Weapon Away" is not set in stone. I like "Rockeyes" because it takes just as long as "Pickle" but provides that much more information, but even if you don't have a weapons call, as long as you call on/off target in a hot area that's the important one.

BTW, no radio call is worth missing your target. Priorities in order are Aviate, Navigate, Communicate.

Good flying, Wombat. BTW it wasn't a near miss. I just had to hold fire with my rockets because it looked as if you were crossing into the line of fire.

BTW, "Rockeyes" vs "Pickle" vs "Bombs/Weapon Away" is not set in stone. I like "Rockeyes" because it takes just as long as "Pickle" but provides that much more information, but even if you don't have a weapons call, as long as you call on/off target in a hot area that's the important one.

BTW, no radio call is worth missing your target. Priorities in order are Aviate, Navigate, Communicate.

Thanks, but is it rockeye or rockeyes ?

Now ........ to fix my FC3 problem ...... that's another matter. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If only on TS3. ;)

Its a start ...... :P

Are you a TS3 member now? Now that I'm "finished" loading my Notebook I'll get back on-line. Just check if I'm there (TS3 Air Combat Channel [unless Eugene, Neph and Wingnuts are there ...... joking, joking ........... :rofl:] and we can chat. Take care. :thumbsup:

Does this mean we're on for tomorrow?

Why not!!! :dancinguy: Got Neph, Wingy and Eugene daggering (badgering?) me today to play ARMA. :lol: Better start practicing this: :sofa1: because of this :duel: As for TAW2.0, might try this: :nuke:

EDIT: That's Thurs 12 noon for me (Thurs 1.00am GMT)

I find Wombat's last post a bit cryptic. You're going to nuke your TAW 2.0? Kidding.

I'm free tonight and I have set the alarm clock for later. Do you have a free sit for a noob like me? I wouldn't mind being a spectator for the first time.. not even sure if that's possible on TAW..

With less than 2 hrs to go for the newbie show up, it doesn't look like I'll make it tonight, darn it. Still working things out here.

Sure would have loved to sit and watch along with theRiddler. On the other hand, I do have TAW looking much better.

Good flying to you guys.

We always have room for newbies, Riddler. All we ask is that you show up about 30 minutes early so that we can get your port forwarding configured. Also, we need you to know what model router you have and preferably how to access the admin screen and do port forwarding. At minimum, though, we need to know your router.