COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

Home Fries

I thought that was a really nice time that I spent with you guys last night. HomeFries and Wombat were really patient and helped a lot. Those undecided should really join in on Thursdays which seems to be the best day for everyone.

Again, sorry for not being able to give as much inflight feedback. I hope I get better... :unsure: ...however, English not being my first language doesn't leave much room for improvement... that and the mike tied/taped to my chin! Thanks for a great evening though!

So far, it seems like I'll be available next Sunday (next week won't be this easy). I'll try to post a mission before that. See you next time.

EDIT: and that was reply #1000 :P

I thought that was a really nice time that I spent with you guys last night. HomeFries and Wombat were really patient and helped a lot. Those undecided should really join in on Thursdays which seems to be the best day for everyone.

Again, sorry for not being able to give as much inflight feedback. I hope I get better... :unsure: ...however, English not being my first language doesn't leave much room for improvement... that and the mike tied/taped to my chin! Thanks for a great evening though!

So far, it seems like I'll be available next Sunday (next week won't be this easy). I'll try to post a mission before that. See you next time.

EDIT: and that was reply #1000 :P

Thanks to HF, Riddler and myself for some great multiplayer action tonight. :thumbsup: As usual I (Wombat) was the weak link ( initially router problems, SA, night vision and my usual holes in the ground). Riddler is some pilot! :thumbsup: No joystick, mike taped to chin, but there' nothing wrong with his English. Well done mate! I'll be your wingman anytime. ;) We take it seriously here at CombatSim TAW/ADF, but not too seriously. Like you say, come and join us, its not too daunting.

As for Sunday that's fine with me as should next Thursday but maybe not for you. I'll also suggest a mission to fly which you might want to try in SP so as to improve your sit. awareness. I call these SP mission flights: recon. flights. :lol: But if you ever write your own missions that's what you have to do to test and tweak a mission. Its great if you go in unarmed and fly stealthily.

I'll get back to you *(and others who hopefully may join us) with my suggestions.

*Edit

Edited by Wombat1940

Thanks to HF, Riddler and myself for some great multiplayer action tonight. :thumbsup: As usual I (Wombat) was the weak link ( initially router problems, SA, night vision and my usual holes in the ground). Riddler is some pilot! :thumbsup: No joystick, mike taped to chin, but there' nothing wrong with his English. Well done mate! I'll be your wingman anytime. ;) We take it seriously here at CombatSim TAW/ADF, but not too seriously. Like you say, come and join us, its not too daunting.

As for Sunday that's fine with me as should next Thursday but maybe not for you. I'll also suggest a mission to fly which you might want to try in SP so as to improve your sit. awareness. I call these SP mission flights: recon. flights. :lol: But if you ever write your own missions that's what you have to do to test and tweak a mission. Its great if you go in unarmed and fly stealthily.

I'll get back to you *(and others who hopefully may join us) with my suggestions.

*Edit

@ Riddler

The GMT 18.00.00 Sunday MP flight time was set up for the European time zone which, by my calculation is, 17.00.00 Sunday for you, 05.00.00 Monday for me and that's fine for me. If this is correct I'm happy to give it a go this Sunday your time, Monday my time.

The mission I would like to fly is one of my own found here: ^^^ Multiplay Tab > H2H/Coop > TAWBC Dynamic Missions > Wombat's Dam Strike - 4 x 1 Package (Revised). Its good fun and has one interesting twist. ;) You might like to do a recon SP mission prior to Sunday/Monday just to get familiar with it. Just let me know if the scheduled time of flight is OK with you and I'll see you this Sunday/Monday. :thumbsup:

Anybody else wishing to join, you know are more than welcome. That's what the time slot is for.

PS. Quite a lot of us "sit around" at TS3 in the Air Combat channel just for a chat, swap jokes, talk about the weather, make fun of Wombat. :dancinguy: People like Eugene, Wingnuts, Neph, me, HF, etc. Sometimes an adhoc MP flight eventuates in TAW2.0, Falcon4 BMS or a game of Arma2 gets underway. We look forward to you joining us any time. :thumbsup:

Edit: ^^^ Sorry. I need to work on it. You please pick another.

Color me green. Hadn't practiced, so I wasn't ready to play anyway. :blush: Whether it was the power interruptions, my hitting the F12 key to center the TrakIR at the wrong time in TAW, or disconnecting my setup wrongly to move into my newly-freed room, or most likely, operator (me) error, I had a couple of CTD crashes and couldn't get the Satik working right again.

I'm still in the small laptop and will try to restore the 17" W7.

But do appreciate the offer and will call on you guys for help. I might even unload some old stuff in this XP to free some room, download the games here and use it. After all, I can use the Sidewinder. Now to undo the damage and sort it out.

Glad you guys had a great time. :beer:

Fittop,

First order of business is to create a TAW specific TrackIR profile and change the center from F12 to something else (I use HOME). F12 will kick you to smartview in TAW, and will likely cause CTD if you're running the D3D version of TAW.

Thought I posted this before ........ :huh: ........ however ...... I use <HOME> for centre and <END> for lock/unlock.

While we're on the subject, here are the curves I use so I don't need to pause/unpause the TrackIR.

gallery_1267_7_18647.jpg

You don't need the curving down on the ends of the yaw curve; that is legacy and no longer required. The big takeaway is the near dead zone at the center of the curve, which means that you will be looking straightforward unless you move your head noticeably (which means that you don't get jitters on landing).

The Pitch curve is asymetrical with the dead zone down. This is because the only reason to look down in the cockpit is to see all the instruments, so a look down takes you exactly where you need to go without giving you "jitters" for small head movement. the up curve is a bit straighter since the precision on that curve is a bit more important when in a dogfight and looking along your lift vector.

@ Riddler

The mission I would like to fly is one of my own found here: ^^^ Multiplay Tab > H2H/Coop > TAWBC Dynamic Missions > Wombat's Dam Strike - 4 x 1 Package (Revised). Its good fun and has one interesting twist. ;) You might like to do a recon SP mission prior to Sunday/Monday just to get familiar with it.

Edit: ^^^ Sorry. I need to work on it. You please pick another.

@ Riddler

I've fixed it,but I need to get you a copy through dropbox.

@Home Fries

I've put the .tbc file in my dropbox folder.

I assume Riddler will need to open an account and I need to to give him access to my dropbox folder. Is that easy to do? That is me giving him access?

Wombat,

you can always put the file in your dropbox public folder and provide riddler the link. Just right click on the file after putting it in the public folder, select Dropbox->Copy public link.

Also, why not use the email function within the TAW Launcher to upload the mission to the TAWBC folder on Box.net. Then anyone can download the file by selecting the link from within the launcher.

Also, why not use the email function within the TAW Launcher to upload the mission to the TAWBC folder on Box.net. Then anyone can download the file by selecting the link from within the launcher.

That option might prove to be more complicated. At least on my TAW, it asks for a SMTP server. Maybe Wombat can use his own email account to send the file to the Dropbox Email address that appears in the upload box. Does that make any sense?

But anyway, the *.tbc files are so small that we don't need to use DropBox for them.

Also, isn't TeamSpeak 3 supposed to support some sort of file transfer function?

While we're on the subject, here are the curves I use so I don't need to pause/unpause the TrackIR.

gallery_1267_7_18647.jpg

You don't need the curving down on the ends of the yaw curve; that is legacy and no longer required. The big takeaway is the near dead zone at the center of the curve, which means that you will be looking straightforward unless you move your head noticeably (which means that you don't get jitters on landing).

The Pitch curve is asymetrical with the dead zone down. This is because the only reason to look down in the cockpit is to see all the instruments, so a look down takes you exactly where you need to go without giving you "jitters" for small head movement. the up curve is a bit straighter since the precision on that curve is a bit more important when in a dogfight and looking along your lift vector.

Nice one HF! :thumbsup:

Heres's my now modified profile. I think editor looks different because its TrackIR3.

profile_zpsd1029b2c.jpg

profile2_zps72bd153d.jpg

profile3_zps54ba6a76.jpg

Wombat,

you can always put the file in your dropbox public folder and provide riddler the link. Just right click on the file after putting it in the public folder, select Dropbox->Copy public link.

:lol: ... box.net was down ..... and still down ....that's why I went to dropbox.

You should be able to use TIR 5 software with the TIR 3, as long as you have the vector add-on (the triple-reflector for 6 degrees of freedom).

That said, if it ain't broke...

Don't have the vector add-on, but no problems ......

That option might prove to be more complicated. At least on my TAW, it asks for a SMTP server. Maybe Wombat can use his own email account to send the file to the Dropbox Email address that appears in the upload box. Does that make any sense?

It does require a SMTP account; that's a known limitation. That said, the first time you enter that stuff, it gets stored in your registry so you don't need to enter it again (and you'll also note that there is no need for a password, so this won't get entered much less stored).

If you don't want to use email, you can always go to the website using the "download" option, then upload files manually. And that upload email is legit.

But anyway, the *.tbc files are so small that we don't need to use DropBox for them.

Also, isn't TeamSpeak 3 supposed to support some sort of file transfer function?

try this (right click, Save As):

https://dl.dropbox.c...e (revised).TBC

Took me some time to integrate the file in TAW but it seems to be working. The briefing is very interesting. And from what I managed to see, it's a tough mission. I'll give it a go later.

I've also been checking the inbuilt MP missions, but I have yet to find the perfect mission. More on that also later.

Took me some time to integrate the file in TAW but it seems to be working. The briefing is very interesting. And from what I managed to see, it's a tough mission. I'll give it a go later.

I've also been checking the inbuilt MP missions, but I have yet to find the perfect mission. More on that also later.

Well done if you've been able to integrate the mission into TAWBC. We need to ensure we both have them in the same "slot" to fly MP.

Here's where mine is, but if you let me know where yours is I can move mine to the same "slot". However they both must be in the "TAW 2.0 Co-op Missions" Folder.

DamStrike2_zps1c924b06.jpg

That's easy. Just choose "Download Missions" from the Launcher, which kicks me to the TAWBC dropbox. Then I just copied and pasted the URL from the web browser.

So that's ........ Select "Download Missions" TAB from the Launcher ........ right click on selected mission ......... click "Share" ......... click "Get link to File" ....... copy "http link" details ........ and paste at forum.

https://www.box.com/shared/vuc1eco28x

Thanks!!!