COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

Thanks for today Neph. Just the two of us in TAW2.0 MP. Quality not quantity. ;) We flew the 2 man mission: "City 1, Yemen". Long flight. Two and a half hours round trip. Allowed me to pick Neph's brains. Learnt so much new stuff, not just what I'd forgotten . :P You should see Neph takeout ground target, with cannon, avoiding civilians and it was NIGHT time as well! I flew close pursuit. Just spectacular eye candy.

I was in a two seater Raptor and had a young recruit with me. He was so impressed, although his language was shocking. It was " what the Ch.... is he doing now!!!", "J...., this is bloody unreal!" and "S...!!!, pull up, pull up for F...'s sake!" .......... :whoa: And others were listening over TS3 ......... :blush: No ...................... it was not me!!! Well .... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been here for four years and still can't "like" anything Should we tell the admin(s)?

WEll Thnx Wombat been keen on ground targets with Cannon for some time..it is good and keeps my skills sharp ;)

Ya well you did get a little excited with a few "Choice" Terms..

So All I say is Devil Damnit. ;)

Ya well you did get a little excited with a few "Choice" Terms..

No! ..... No! ....Not me Major General Battie Sir! It was that young recruit in the co-pilot's seat!!! ;)

Please be advised: During a future MP session you will be required to fly a "Morning Raid Mission', To assist with a pre-flight briefing I attach the following:

Mission briefing, objectives and waypoint map.

MIFSMorningRaid4CAP1of2_zpsb7ff7d04.jpg

MIFSMorningRaid4CAP2of2_zps3aa964d3.jpg

Recon flight picture of the approach to the Port of Jizan.

reconJizan2_zps62ff1b3f.jpg

Recon flight picture of the Port of Jizan.

reconJizan_zps93f9091e.jpg

Recon flight picture of the approach to the Airbase at Sa'Dah.

reconSaDah5_zps687d0c05.png

Recon flight picture of the Airbase at Sa'Dah.

reconSaDah4_zps855aa251.png

Additional information in regard to relief Airbases for the purposes of refueling, rearming, emergency landing, etc, may be found by referring to the Airbase Location Map here.

Signed: Major General Battie.

Good Stuff Wombat ;)

Cheers mate..

Thanks. I flew too much of the mission last night. That's why I was up to 3.30am. :rolleyes: Its a great mission and got some surprises. :o But won't elaborate here so as not to spoil the fun in case you (and of course others) have not flown it yet. That's why I wish I hadn't flown so much and so far last night. :( Would have been better to have left it to a real MP flight ....... however.

I actually flew it on my own (ie. Aborted the mission for the 3 AI wingmen) mainly to check on the WP locations. Without letting out any secrets, they're not all accurately located. So some of the recon shots are not necessarily of the right locations. Close, but not that close. I'll have a word to Battie (sorry the Major General). To have a chat to the recon pilot about a need for improvement next time. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just wanted to let everyone know I plan on joining up in the multi-player just as soon as I get my act together. Life has taken me away from flying for 3 years...but I'm back !!! And I LOVE F-22 TAW, so imagine my joy when I discovered it is still going. Downloaded the newest version and it rocks...can't wait to fly more missions. I've also discovered Falcon BMS...but it is going to take me a long time to get back up to speed with that; BMS is way different then Allied Force. And with my limited free time, F-22 TAW is just perfect.

Anyway, I do have a simple question. I use Track IR, and can't get it to center correctly. I have the hot key programmed, and it all works correctly (verified using joystick, X-52, while in the Track IR software), but in the game itself it just doesn't seem to work like other games. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...do you guys just set up a button on the HOTAS which ONLY does the Track IR center command, or do you have that button do some other stuff? Any advice is highly appreciated, as I am totally looking forward to fly TAW with Track IR !!!!

Once I get Teamspeak up and running while get on and chat with you folk....hopefully this week sometime.

:o)

Tim

"F-Bear"

Welcome. :thumbsup:

In regard to TrackIR. I run TrackIR 3Pro in conjunction with my Cougar. I use <END> for pause and <HOME> for centre and have no special setup for TAW2.0. I have my Cougar programmed (using Throttle T2 + pinkie) to toggle pause/centre. I test my TrackIR prior to commencing TAW using the "head" settings view. Sorry, I'm away from my PC at the moment, so I'm possibly using the wrong terminology.

F-Bear,

Concur with Wombat on using the Home key for recentering in TAW. However, it sounds like your issue might be more of an Administrator Privilege issue than anything else (assuming you're using something newer than XP). I have to set my TrackIR software to Run as Administrator in order to get it to recenter from within TAW, though hopefully my next patch (whenever that is) will fix this.

In the meantime, I also recommend that you recenter the TIR prior to entering TAW, just in case it doesn't recenter properly in-game. I do this myself "just in case".

F-Bear,

Concur with Wombat on using the Home key for recentering in TAW. However, it sounds like your issue might be more of an Administrator Privilege issue than anything else (assuming you're using something newer than XP). I have to set my TrackIR software to Run as Administrator in order to get it to recenter from within TAW, though hopefully my next patch (whenever that is) will fix this.

In the meantime, I also recommend that you recenter the TIR prior to entering TAW, just in case it doesn't recenter properly in-game. I do this myself "just in case".

Thanks HF. Alway better to get advise from the TAW2.0 guru than a well meaning Aussie pilot. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Musa(gresa)! :thumbsup:

We normally gather (in small numbers ;) ) at the TS3 "Air Combat" Channel. Its near the "top of the pile" and is seems to be only used by the regulars at TAW2.0 and sometimes Arma2. Our normal meeting time is shown here which includes advice on any IP setup. Try and have as much of the setup done before we meet, so any help can be kept to a minimum. We look forward to seeing you there.

Well i will play this game much so i create a channel to play F22 TAW just go in and we make som servers who will play ? in Teamspeak 3 F22 total air war just join now and we will play

I stopped in your TAW Channel the other night and you where not there?? Sorry I missed you was going to see if you wanted to fly..

hi there !! are you going to fligh this week ?

let me know please !

by the way i try connect followeing the specifications , nothink did really work.

is the server down ?

see you soon !

We should be meeting at 1:00:00 GMT this Thursday. Look for us on TS3 Air Combat Channel

Anybody coming this sunday and willing to help a noob? Never done that before and wanted to know if it´s worth waiting for somebody to appear.

Hi CDM

Its unlikely as we currently don't have a regular group flying out of Europe at this time. In my case its 5.00am Monday here in Australia so, like you, the option of "waiting" is not worth it.

My suggestions.

1. Check into the TS3 "Air Combat" channel at regular times and see who is there. Neph, Home Fries and myself are often there for a chat and/or an unannounced flight.

2. In the case of MP, get your SimHQ server MP link organized with help from here.

The more you are prepared the easier it is to sought out any problems. Particularly regarding my help as I'm hopeless on the technical things. I leave all that to Neph and/or Home Fries. ;) In fact my flying is not much better ......... :wacko: but its great fun. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Home Fries has asked me to take a more active role in TAW2.0 MP (Total Air War-version 2.0, Multiplay) issues. I have graciously accepted, but of course my involvement can only be in regard to the regular and spontaneous MP flyins and not the technical, programming, trouble-shooting issues that Home Fries has capably provided previously. Not that this will change. Other than HF will be "looking in" less frequently and may need to be "poked" ;) occasionally when unsolved technical issues remain unsolved. Of course, we will have our other regular Guru: Neph, who intends to maintain his interest in TAW2.0 MP in addition to the other games he plays. [Apart from being an ace F22 pilot, he's a hot shot marine at Arma2 I'm told. :P ]

Being used to making myself look foolish :rolleyes: , I thought I'd have go to see what it was like to to join as a newbie MP F22 pilot with TAW2.0. ie. Go through the process to install TAW2.0 using the steps here; do some imaginary training in single play; set myself up for MP using the introductory post at this and this thread and see how easy (or otherwise) it is to join our regular Thursday morning (GMT) MP flyin. I'm well suited to do this knowing my unwillingness to "fiddle under the bonnet" :banghead: and always only wishing to "drive the bloody thing". :woohoo:

I'll keep adding to this post and report on my progress. Warts and all. Stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Well I stuffed up!!!!! Couldn't join tonight because I couldn't link to the host's IP. :grrr: I've now reconfigured my router with a static IP and re-introduced port forwarding requirements. Still haven't go a clue what it means, :wtf: its all about and truthfully don't really want to know. But there's a good link that HF gives in the first post of this thread.

I was able to link to the host's IP (even though he was elsewhere at the time ...... strange that .... :huh: ) so here's hoping for better luck next week. :angry:

I regard to next weeks mission.

Here it is:

Expected take-off time Thursday 1.00am GMT. Up to half our earlier if you need any help.

All welcome late or otherwise.

Major General Battie

EDIT: Ha! Just noticed this mission is the mission used at this thread. Neph will know the mission backwards, however......... :lol:

Edited by Wombat1940

Hope you guys are having fun tonight. Had planned to offer moral support, but got home too late, and now the satellite hard drive has gone kaput and duty calls.

I'll get connected yet. Wish I wasn't so darned lazy.

Thanks Fittop. Actually you have been in out thoughts lately. My attempt to "joining" TAW2.0 MP as a newbie is just to see how hard it is and in truth to see if it is in anyway intimidating. I've always been nervous about joining MP because I'm afraid of spoiling the fun for others if I stuff up. Particularly in hooking up to play MP.

Edit: I drafted the above before I found I couldn't join tonight's MP flyin and experienced exactly the above experience. You feel such a bloody fool, particularly as I've been shown how to fix it previously and advised I had previously made notes regarding the same. But couldn't remember and couldn't find the notes. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Maybe I shouldn't declare all of this publicly, but thats me. If it helps others, WTF. :lol:

So if you (and anybody else) are still interested in join us, feel free. We're currently flying "3 up" plus an IA. To have "4 up plus" would be sensational. Even if you just sat in the 'pit and didn't take off, it'd be better than those bloody AI who try and take-off across the field and just hit a hanger on the opposite side of the runway. :rolleyes: Oh ......... wait-a-minute ........ Battie's just reminded me that's what I do. :rofl:

It does help. My procrastination is paying off and it all comes to a head when I try to stuff five bagfuls into a two pound bag. But I'll get re-started here.

Sounds a bit like the biblical loaves and fishes story in reverse. :P