COMBATSIM Forum

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

Home Fries

what happened with the race?

Actually my brother and I left Sunday on our bikes to meet our other brother and his partner to ride the last 400 miles with them coming 2000 miles from Brisbane. But they got rained in (8 inches overnight, storms, flooding, etc) so they couldn't leave. So we got back a day early (still did a 1100 miles joy ride). First practice is tomorrow (our time) so I came home to fly and other things. My brother and I are within 80 miles of the track but it was going to take us 1100 miles to get there ..... :lol:

On TS now 2:48 PM 10/13/2010

I'll be back later for a Friday fly-in.

Come one come all. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: but all these date indications and time zones make it so confusing :blink: 10/13/2010 here means 10th day of the 13th month. :lol: But this is a real problem with 4/10/2010 :huh: I'm going to use 13th Oct at 2.48pm (xxxx GMT) in future.

:thumbsup: but all these date indications and time zones make it so confusing :blink: 10/13/2010 here means 10th day of the 13th month. :lol: But this is a real problem with 4/10/2010 :huh: I'm going to use 13th Oct at 2.48pm (xxxx GMT) in future.

10/13/2010 =s MM/DD/Year

Possible fly-in 6 PM my time. PST

Time Zone Converter

06:00:00 p.m. Wednesday October 13, 2010 in California, converts to

01:00:00 a.m. Thursday October 14, 2010 in GMT

06:00:00 p.m. Wednesday October 13, 2010 in California/Monterey converts to

12:00:00 Noon Thursday October 14, 2010 in Australia/Melbourne

Edited by Hawkx

Thanks for today HF and Hx. Just great. It coming slowly, but lots to learn. ;)

Unfortunately I'm at the MotoGP Qualifying this Friday and also away next Wednesday (01:00 GMT) on another holiday, with the lady friend this time. Hope all works out in Multiplay. As to buzzing the tower ..... :angry: its dropping fuel tanks near me on the taxiway that frightened the S**t out of me! :lol:

Edit: Just change the week. See you Thursday, 01:00 GMT :thumbsup:

Thanks for today HF and Hx. Just great. It coming slowly, but lots to learn. ;)

quickly enough, though. I enjoyed myself as well.

As to buzzing the tower ..... :angry: its dropping fuel tanks near me on the taxiway that frightened the S**t out of me! :lol:

Those weren't fuel tanks; that was Hawkx lawn-darting a few feet behind you! :ph43r:

Lawn-darting is a euphamism for crashing into the ground, and usually implies nose first.

Who said he was accurate? He may have been aiming for you! :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just on a more serious note.

When we fly in a SEAD, CAP, whatever mission, I am surprised at the independence each individual members of the group has. I know I've raise this before, but I expected the Lead to take a more authoritative role in a mission. The last CAP mission we flew I thought it was good, at the Lead's instruction, two of us did "loops" allowing the other member of the group to re-join.

However the week before, although not a CAP mission, the group split into two sub-groups because the unfortunate trailing two members were delay at take-off. The mission literally split into two with the second sub-group arriving to "mop-up".

As I've never been Lead (and thank goodness for that ;) ) I tend to hang back and wait for definitive instructions from the Lead as to what is/are my immediate task(s). But other non-lead flyers seem to take the initiative to set their own tasks.

If I was Lead I would struggle with that. Its just like the AI flyers, in non-multiplay mission, where I am Lead and constantly yelling at my 2, 3 and 4 .... "Disengage!". But maybe in multiplay it's not meant to be so "Lead lead".

My2c worth.

Just one dumb question: Our schedule is still as usual? (6PM Western/9 PM Eastern - Wednesday and Friday)

For all you non-Yankee types that's Thursday/Saturday 01:00 GMT which is 12.00 noon for me in OZ. ;) Hope to see you Evergreen. :thumbsup:

Hello guys!

First off all, I just want to say thank you for your support tonight, besides all my problems with the mic.

Some questions:

1) To type messenges, I type 5, write the messenge and press enter, and nothing happen...is that wright?

2) For about 15 min I stay in the game (I think) on the six of HF, but really don´t know if actually I was in the game, because don't see anybody else, just HF.

3) How the hell I drop the empty fuel tank??? The girl keep saying "drop the tank, drop the tank" and I don't know how to send it to the hell! :)

Again, sorry for the problems. I will try to solve the problem with the mic and sure that I will join you in next wednesday!

Thank you very much. See you!

Hello guys!

First off all, I just want to say thank you for your support tonight, besides all my problems with the mic.

I'll leave it to others more experience to answer you questions, but welcome along and I know how you feel, I just one small step ahead of you.

Beside getting hit by the first enemy SAM, limping home with the help from HF and Neph (only to make a hole in the ground on landing :( ) I was my usual nuisance value ( to the allied package that is :lol: ) But it was fun, I think for all, and that's what counts. Marcos, what these guys like (and I hope they don't mind me saying so) is for people to have not just the interest but the commitment. Here's hoping you fit into both categories. :thumbsup:

PS There's possible an extra "extra-ordinary" multiplay flight this Friday same time (01.00 GMT). Just work on those TeamSpeak issues before then and it should be a breeze there after.

Right; now over to Wiki: "How to Avoid SAMs" ;)

PS There's possible an extra "extra-ordinary" multiplay flight this Friday same time (01.00 GMT). Just work on those TeamSpeak issues before then and it should be a breeze there after.

Oooops! :blush: Done it again. Its Saturday 12.00 noon for me ....... I'll be road testing a new motorbike ...... sorry about that.

Thank you, Mulder. The pleasure was mutual and the support will continue to be here. You can probably google the mic problem because this is not all that uncommon with windows.

Some questions:

1) To type messenges, I type 5, write the messenge and press enter, and nothing happen...is that wright?

Yes. You won't see the message, but others should.

2) For about 15 min I stay in the game (I think) on the six of HF, but really don´t know if actually I was in the game, because don't see anybody else, just HF.

The mission we were flying had us in two separate elements. I was the only one in visual range at the time.

3) How the hell I drop the empty fuel tank??? The girl keep saying "drop the tank, drop the tank" and I don't know how to send it to the hell! :)

Shift+J brings up the jettison menu; from there you can select whether you want to jettison fuel tanks, AG armament, or AA armament.

Again, sorry for the problems. I will try to solve the problem with the mic and sure that I will join you in next wednesday!

Thank you very much. See you!

I look forward to it as well.

Mulder: How the hell I drop the empty fuel tank???

HF:Shift+J brings up the jettison menu; from there you can select whether you want to jettison fuel tanks, AG armament, or AA armament.

Actually I think its 1. fuel tanks 2. A-G and 3. All (which includes A-A). Its a pity your wingman does the same on your self deployment in a single player mission. I had the need to employ this in my last multiplay mission where I go shot up badly and had to limp home. I dropped the A-G immediately, left the fuel 'til 50 miles out and the all that was left (in this case the A-A) 10 miles out. Still blow up even though I bellied her down ok but blew up 100 yds down the runway. :(

Edit: Must see if I can get the WM (Single Player Mission) to keep his fuel/armament when I drop mine. He hasn't been hit and limping home.

Edited by Wombat1940