COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Home Fries

F-22 Total Air War 2008 v2.0

Everyone,

The next release of TAW 2008 will be a comprehensive release. With all of the items now included in the patches, the patch installer is becoming unweildly. Additionally, with the inclusion of TAWBC from v1.54, any follow-on patches would either require sequential patching (of which I have never been a fan), or you would have to "re-register" TAWBC every time you patched TAW 2008.

TAWBC will now be included in the re-baselined installation, which means you will need to "re-register" once more with the upcoming release. After that, you will not need to worry about TAWBC during patches.

With the intent to rebaseline, I felt that a substantial upgrade was warranted. To this end, I recently made a breakthrough with Polak's photorealistic terrain mod.

As background, you may have been aware of Polak's mod from the following video released last year:

Everyone,

The next release of TAW 2008 will be a comprehensive release. With all of the items now included in the patches, the patch installer is becoming unweildly. Additionally, with the inclusion of TAWBC from v1.54, any follow-on patches would either require sequential patching (of which I have never been a fan), or you would have to "re-register" TAWBC every time you patched TAW 2008.

TAWBC will now be included in the re-baselined installation, which means you will need to "re-register" once more with the upcoming release. After that, you will not need to worry about TAWBC during patches.

With the intent to rebaseline, I felt that a substantial upgrade was warranted. To this end, I recently made a breakthrough with Polak's photorealistic terrain mod.

As background, you may have been aware of Polak's mod from the following video released last year:

">

:ph43r: yo dude lookin good. count me in!

Dear HF,

I can only say "thanks" to your job I have seen the best reprise of this game since you are involved in this mod.

BUT

...yes but, I apologize for my absence in beta testing activities.

Sometimes I wanna write so many things about your work, and sometimes I start a post but soon I gonna frustrated by the ignorance of the english language, and simply I can't find the right words to explain what I think. I'm working on it and in the future I will try to post my opinion more clear is possible for me.

About new graphic, I'm just a little bit puzzled because on a side I have to say the textures are really amazing, but on the other side (maybe) there is too much white or at least it is too much intense...

I think the same of the palettes, for example at sunrise there is too much difference between the red and the blue of the high sky, in the reality any colour vanishes in the other one and the red slowly fades in the blue (humm sorry I don't know if it is clear).

Except for the fading any colour is quite similar to the reality....

Consider my opinion like the words of noob in computer graphics anc colours... and if it isn't helpful, ignore it!! :unsure:

Byez

Bruno

Dear HF,

I can only say "thanks" to your job I have seen the best reprise of this game since you are involved in this mod.

BUT

...yes but, I apologize for my absence in beta testing activities.

Nemo,

Don't sweat it; I wasn't even aware that you were testing my stuff! If you would like to, send me a PM and I will give you access to the files.

Thanks for the comments thus far. I'll see what I can do about the sunrise gradients.

I wasn't even aware that you were testing my stuff! If you would like to, send me a PM and I will give you access to the files.

Hummm I wrote something wrong...

When I wrote "I apologize for my absence in beta testing activities" I meant: I would excuse with you (and all the persons involved in this mod) because I always write thanking you for your work and asking for new features but I never give my availability for testing the stuff.

I would like to help you actively but I don't have enough time, and when I have read your post in another topic:

...I'm a little frustrated with the lack of any feedback to the alpha terrain and palette enhancements. So far I have had 7 downloads of alpha 0.8 and 4 downloads of alpha 0.9 (which was uploaded a day before this rant), and I have had absolutely no feedback from anybody as to how this terrain matches up.

I felt just a litte guilty for my passive approach to this game.

I feel flattered for your proposal for testing the new files, but I have to decline hoping you understand my reasons.

Bruno

PS(I hope I have clarified my previous post, now you know what I mean when I'm frustrated by the ignorance of the english)

Hummm I wrote something wrong...

When I wrote "I apologize for my absence in beta testing activities" I meant: I would excuse with you (and all the persons involved in this mod) because I always write thanking you for your work and asking for new features but I never give my availability for testing the stuff.

I would like to help you actively but I don't have enough time, and when I have read your post in another topic:

I felt just a litte guilty for my passive approach to this game.

I feel flattered for your proposal for testing the new files, but I have to decline hoping you understand my reasons.

Bruno

PS(I hope I have clarified my previous post, now you know what I mean when I'm frustrated by the ignorance of the english)

No problem, Nemo. Your English is still far better than my Italian.

You have nothing to feel guilty about. In the other posts, I was just getting on people who had actually downloaded the new terrain alphas, but hadn't provided any feedback. You enjoy the sim, and you provide me with thanks. That's good enough for me!

Everyone,

The next release of TAW 2008 will be a comprehensive release. With all of the items now included in lettes for all times of day, why not go for broke and update the look of the other times of day as well? I'm as sick of the pink aircraft and purple oceans as anyone, so I figured I'd go for a radical departure.

li

Great job man ! the pics are looking fabulous !!! I came to this thread and forums looking for 1024x768 patch for F-22 TAW which I've been heard long time ago.It's refreshing to see that people keep this great sim alive and they changed it to better !! It's un believable.I am a veteran of Military flight sims since ages. I was allways thinking that F-22 ADF+TAW would deserve a second chance for this days ! My wish came true ! lol When do you think your upgrade will be ready ? I read your thread and I think as you stated it's gonna take some times.Keep up the good work! I wish I had your modding skill to help the project!

I tried the ver 1.5 abd 1.54 of this mode.I noticed at first hand , the FLIR night sight (looks great that bright green!), the sky is looking a little better, clouds are dense and they seem 3D...The skins (the white one) form 1.54 is very beautiful, I liked it. Any other changes in graphic are too subtle for me to detect them but I'm sure there are.

.You didn't answer my "big question"... :lol:

Sorry, Joker. Which question was that?

EDIT: Oh, when will it be ready?

Answer: When it's ready!

I can't promise a time because I would rather squeeze everything into a single release than do incremental features, but I'm aiming for mid September.