COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

TAW 2.0 Release Title

What should be the Title of the 2.0 Release?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "2008" be dropped with the release of TAW 2.0?

• Drop "2008". It's almost 2010 already, and TAW 2.0 tells you all you need to know!
    • Keep "2008". It reflects the 10 year anniversary of TAW, and you don't want to mess with name recognition.
    • None of the above; I have a better Idea (please post below)

Everyone,

With the next major version of TAW 2008 around the corner, I was toying with the idea of dropping "2008" from the name and just going with F-22 Total Air War 2.0.

My logic is this:

1. 2008 was a year and a half ago, and was relevant for the 10 year anniversary of TAW.
  2. Visually, this is a radical departure from TAW 2008 v1.5x as well as the original TAW. "2.0" symbolizes the next big evolution in TAW.
  3. Just going with TAW 2.0 would simplify the title a bit.

Of course, dropping 2008 also breaks with the origins of the mod, so part of me is hesitant to do that. I'm generally not one to break with tradition just to break with tradition.

I haven't made up my mind yet, and I wish to canvas you all for your opinions on the subject. Please answer the poll, along with any alternate suggestions you might have.

Oh, and by the way, "Ultimate Air War" is not on the board. That particular title is reserved for if and when we are able to integrate EF2000 into the TAW engine. But please don't hold your breath on that one.

I look forward to your opinions.

Posting from my vacations place... :-)

NG TAW / TAW NG = Next Generation TAW

or...

X TAW / TAW - X (recalling 10 years...)

or...

TAW XGen (...no comments...)

Hummmm maybe the sun is too strong here... :mellow:

Everyone,

With the next major version of TAW 2008 around the corner, I was toying with the idea of dropping "2008" from the name and just going with F-22 Total Air War 2.0.

My logic is this:

1. 2008 was a year and a half ago, and was relevant for the 10 year anniversary of TAW.
  2. Visually, this is a radical departure from TAW 2008 v1.5x as well as the original TAW. "2.0" symbolizes the next big evolution in TAW.
  3. Just going with TAW 2.0 would simplify the title a bit.

Of course, dropping 2008 also breaks with the origins of the mod, so part of me is hesitant to do that. I'm generally not one to break with tradition just to break with tradition.

I haven't made up my mind yet, and I wish to canvas you all for your opinions on the subject. Please answer the poll, along with any alternate suggestions you might have.

Oh, and by the way, "Ultimate Air War" is not on the board. That particular title is reserved for if and when we are able to integrate EF2000 into the TAW engine. But please don't hold your breath on that one.

I look forward to your opinions.

Man...you are like me a 3Dfx Glide "lover" so face it, you did this mod because of those old good days of Voodoo GLIDE quality graphic and games.If I were you I would tide the name of the game(mode) of this...the glory of 3Dfx Glide ;)

If you like my idea you let me know and I;ll come up with a title , too.If not, just forget what I said.:)

Man...you are like me a 3Dfx Glide "lover" so face it, you did this mod because of those old good days of Voodoo GLIDE quality graphic and games.If I were you I would tide the name of the game(mode) of this...the glory of 3Dfx Glide ;)

If you like my idea you let me know and I;ll come up with a title , too.If not, just forget what I said.:)

You'll love the glide enhancements in TAW v2.0: The Glory of Glide :lol:

The biggest one is seeing different palettes based on whether you're looking into or away from the sun.

You'll love the glide enhancements in TAW v2.0: The Glory of Glide :lol:

The biggest one is seeing different palettes based on whether you're looking into or away from the sun.

Good ...I can't wait...I wish you have the necessary resources to pull all this off ....otherwise...we won't play it this year...am I right?;)

Good ...I can't wait...I wish you have the necessary resources to pull all this off ....otherwise...we won't play it this year...am I right?;)

I'm putting together the installer for the release candidate right now. If testing goes well, I hope to have it out in a week.

:icon_salute3: Hello this is my first post and no better place to congratulate the responsables of this magnificent features extras for this incredible game ADF TAW and patches, now knowned and deserved famous TAW 2008 AE around web.

I wondering about the name of project and name of the game and perhaps everything is one single same thing.

TAW is the game , 2008 is the starting earlies and aniversary 10th. i believe of course we can find a perfect name outside this lovely mix we already have. maybe split one name for the project and one name for the game???

TAW 2008 AE is concluded!!!! All the version 1.5 and 1.54 are the end and this conquests from therea are starting of a new beginings.

ADF and TAW one same platform was genious!!! mix the name for the game ?? not bat idea my guess is one name for the game one for the project.

To the game:

TAW - Total Air War

UAW - Ultimate Air War

like specifc release adds the versions as log 2.0 >>>> so on and on...

to the project:

ADP - Air Dominace Project

UAW - Ultimate Air War Project

for everything after 2.0, like specifc release adds the versions as log 2.0 >>>> so on and on...

TAW and ads like CombatSims presents ADP 2.0 or UAW 2.0

Because TAW is from DID, but the ADPor UAW is from you guys.

I m around your forum so long and never register i dont know why.

Im sorry if i look like someone who came and first time want take control or something like this , not at all just one sugestion !!! :icon_salute3: !!!!!Rock 'nd Rolling in Sir!!!!!

In 1997 i buy the ADF22RSOA and TAW after, and my first play i felt on my heart that was it, then most real experience possible on our pcs since ever to that time. what a special project.

Thank you very very much for your hard work, and sinsce from now i candidate to help like beta tester or anything else you guys thing i deserve and i can handle.

to the project:

ADP - Air Dominace Project

UAW - Ultimate Air War Project

Welcome to the board, Sicko. I like your ADP idea; it has more of a ring to it than "TAW 2.0 Mod Team.

I'll update the new EXEs accordingly.

For everyone else, thank you for your input. It appears as if TAW 2.0 is our winner, and all GUI screens have been updated as such. I will put the finishing touches on the new documentation.

:icon_salute3: Attention !!!! :icon_salute3: There is a officer Major at the board web.

Thanks a lot Sir. :icon_salute3:

i ll serve the board with dedication, every sing bullet and every fox 2 .

let me know if you need any beta tester for the project. Maybe i got any useful skill yet i could have any help with the hard work.

edition - porgram - let s see. takes some time to iunderstand what is possible inside what is already done.

But is really true about the TAW 1.54 is one think and now so the 2.0 will be so complete could be the 2 process of what is done already. it is another level. maybe

but definitly with yor project i am inspired to print my on my original CDs....

I gonna start to try do something like GTA san andreas and others where you found radio stations.... whe play without song a long time anyway when we stop to use win98 to a perfect stalation.

It is time to play decently with top gun ST Iron eagle ST and another greats.... Specially Sky fighters 2005 (french movie)

ps: cant connect the hamachi servers. passowrds are wrong.

i imagine people start take like not important and behave like jack aces so you guys change living them out.

well done.

but now i cant... anyway i need practice first anyway...

let me know if you need any beta tester for the project. Maybe i got any useful skill yet i could have any help with the hard work.

I'm chock full of testers right now with an imminent release, but I'll let you know when we start on the next build. To that end, I'll gladly share any source code from my utilities and accept any contributions you might have.

I gonna start to try do something like GTA san andreas and others where you found radio stations.... whe play without song a long time anyway when we stop to use win98 to a perfect stalation.

It is time to play decently with top gun ST Iron eagle ST and another greats.... Specially Sky fighters 2005 (french movie)

I couldn't agree more. I would love to get MP3s working with TAW. I had an idea about incorporating WinAmp like they did with some of the Falcon 4.0 mods, but I've only been programming in VB for a couple of weeks now. If you have anything that will work, I'll gladly incorporate either the source code or the external application into my main menu.

ps: cant connect the hamachi servers. passowrds are wrong.

I'll look into it.