COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

yes

good catch. I'll update the text accordingly.

http://combatsim.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20202&view=findpost&p=5087528

Quote:

"Download the Baseline Version and Patch Here:

TAW_215b_Install.exe (FileFront)

TAW_216_Patch.exe (FileFront)"

Unquote

Thanks HF. Even a dumbo like me can follow that.

However, to save a fresh re-install, I'm going to patch 216 over 216beta6 and see what happens. :)

Maybe I need to make a manual "System Restore" before I do. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Its downloading strangely. Huge name. Too big to use. Why are we using GameFront and not Box.net?

FileFront is normally a very reliable service, and doesn't have the annoyances of things like Rapidshare. Box.net is less of a file server and more of a collaboration tool, which works fine for mission datafiles, but is less useful for mass downloads.

The file shouldn't be too big; if you already have 2.16 installed, all you need is the hotfix.

Hello nice drawing F22 forum.

I write from Italy and I'm sorry for my poor English. Your work on the new edition of TAW2.0 is fantastic. Now I make a request for a bit 'absurd. You can change it with an Italian version. I own the original CD in Italian and are available for any little support. I take this opportunity to bring season's greetings and happy new year. Yours sincerely. Marino. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi Homefries,

TAW newby here, installed cause friend of mine flies it and we want to start MP.

Myself I'm a member of 87th VFW and fly Falcon BMS, cooool.

Where to find complete TAW manual and other doc's ?

Thx Vordy :icon_salute3:

Welcome Vordy. I can answer the second bit for you. There're here:

Launcher2.jpg

Top left-hand corner of the Launcher

As far as MP goes we meet on Thursday 02:00:00 GMT for our regular weekly flight.

Details here:

Make sure you've done this:

and you'll need TeamSpeak3.

We take-off at 02:00:00 GMT irrespective, so be available at 01:30:00 on TS3 so you can get help.

Look forward to you joining us. :thumbsup:

Edit. Good to print your specifications in your post, bit like mine in my signature. It all helps.

Hello nice drawing F22 forum.

I write from Italy and I'm sorry for my poor English. Your work on the new edition of TAW2.0 is fantastic. Now I make a request for a bit 'absurd. You can change it with an Italian version. I own the original CD in Italian and are available for any little support. I take this opportunity to bring season's greetings and happy new year. Yours sincerely. Marino. :thumbsup:

Welcome Marino. Home Fries and others, might be the best to help with this, but first have a search through the F22: ADF / TAW Forum. I think I've seen something there about alternative languages. By-the-way, there's nothing wrong with your English, its better than mine. But of course I'm an Australian so what would you expect. :lol: .

Marino,

Thanks for the compliments. Please don't apologize for your language skills; your English is much better than my Italian. Which is also why I'm not the guy to put Italian back into the mix of things with TAW 2.0.

The other issue with the translation is that Krusade's DID.dat extractor (from which we got the files to mod in the first place) only works on the English version. I'm willing to bet that the DID.dat holds the datafiles for all languages, and not just English, but it's a matter of going through the files to find the Italian text files, then matching them up with their English counterparts.

That said, we haven't changed the executable files in any way, and (with the exception of some missions) haven't really changed the text files either. If you can match up some files, I would be willing to assist with a translation, albeit as an incremental project.

The other thing you should be able to do is use your Italian f22.dat file (glide or D3D). It is not integrated into the launcher menu, and you will lose any TrackIR or 1024x768 capability, but it should work with the existing install. Then if it doesn't work, just re-select your old EXE file from the launcher and you should be back to where you were.

Thx Wombat, Colonel SIR :rolleyes:

Did some digging in the install folder and also found the complete documentation folder, great .. !

Will come up to speed and join flightnight occasionally. TS no prob. But uhh .. 02:00 zulu, not kidding ??

Will set hardware info in footer shortly.

Cheers Vordy

Thx Wombat, Colonel SIR :rolleyes:

Did some digging in the install folder and also found the complete documentation folder, great .. !

Will come up to speed and join flightnight occasionally. TS no prob. But uhh .. 02:00 zulu, not kidding ??

Will set hardware info in footer shortly.

Cheers Vordy

The Colonel bit is rubbish ..... its just that I post often (rubbish that is). I'm just nuisance value here. ;)

02:00:00 Zulu is 21:00:00 Washington time (13:00:00 Melbourne time) where are you?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I played F22 ADF when it first came out... I remember all the pain related to... sound, joystick calibration, voodoo drivers, win98... but it was definitely worth it.

I was exhilirated to find that the game had been "reborn", almost fully compatible with XP + nice modding tools such as Battle Commander... That's an incredible piece of work and I thank the ADF project for the initiative !!

But I've run into 3 distinct issues I need help with, they're all(?) related to TAWBC. Before anyone asks, yes I have the latest TAW 2.16a installed, system drivers are up to date, etc etc. I have the same issues on two different systems. I'm an IT professional in real life, so please do not waste your time by asking me if my screen is turned on, and so forth. BUT... I'm no programmer :)

The first issue is probably a quick fix for most veterans here, but I could not find the solution:

HOW do you delete a unit in Battle Commander's mission map ?

Second issue, more preoccupying...

Waypoints... When I try to assign waypoints to units, I very randomly get a floating point zero error

Are these known bugs and does someone have any solutions ?

Hello everyone,

TAWBC is very fussy, a "floating point zero error" is commen.

My best solution is use the Wizard.

The Wizard can be adjusted from easy to hard.

Try 1/4 easy until you get the hang of it.

You can then move the stuff you want to change around.

Glad you found the place where TAW lives.

You are welcome to join us in MP. Check out the BB.

It's all for the fun of it.

Hawkx

Hawkx, thank you for the warm welcome; I'll try the wizard... but still, how do you delete units from the map ? I noticed my problems start with specific units... the only way to "fix" things is to start the whole map from scratch, which is no solution :)

Hawkx, thank you for the warm welcome; I'll try the wizard... but still, how do you delete units from the map ? I noticed my problems start with specific units... the only way to "fix" things is to start the whole map from scratch, which is no solution :)

'Miacubin'

Try the Wizard a few times & the light will begin to glow. :thumbsup:

wizard-ex.gif

Checkout my Hawx Dam Strike Mission

Eagle_Flight made it work.

It all became a workable mission, starting with the "Combat Wizard".

Hello everyone,

I played F22 ADF when it first came out... I remember all the pain related to... sound, joystick calibration, voodoo drivers, win98... but it was definitely worth it.

I was exhilirated to find that the game had been "reborn", almost fully compatible with XP + nice modding tools such as Battle Commander... That's an incredible piece of work and I thank the ADF project for the initiative !!

But I've run into 3 distinct issues I need help with, they're all(?) related to TAWBC. Before anyone asks, yes I have the latest TAW 2.16a installed, system drivers are up to date, etc etc. I have the same issues on two different systems. I'm an IT professional in real life, so please do not waste your time by asking me if my screen is turned on, and so forth. BUT... I'm no programmer :)

The first issue is probably a quick fix for most veterans here, but I could not find the solution:

Waypoints... When I try to assign waypoints to units, I very randomly get a floating point zero error

Welcome Miacubin. I'm also an old enthusiast of ADF/TAW and, like you, couldn't believe my luck when I came across TAW2.0. I'm just nuisance value around here, but they all put up with me. ;) In all seriousness there're a great bunch here. Not necessarily in quantity but the quality is huge. They even got me into Multiplay with all this IP hosting, TS3, ICQ stuff ..... :blink: but its been the best move ever. Its made me stop resorting to the Pause button when laser targeting as I used to do in Single Play. :P The skills I acquired have been huge (thanks to the senior pilots here) and made TAW even more enjoyable to play. Just as long as I'm not package Lead. :rolleyes:

Enjoy.

Hello everyone,

Welcome Miacubin. I'm also an old enthusiast of ADF/TAW and, like you, couldn't believe my luck when I came across TAW2.0. I'm just nuisance value around here, but they all put up with me. ;) In all seriousness there're a great bunch here. Not necessarily in quantity but the quality is huge. They even got me into Multiplay with all this IP hosting, TS3, ICQ stuff ..... :blink: but its been the best move ever. Its made me stop resorting to the Pause button when laser targeting as I used to do in Single Play. :P The skills I acquired have been huge (thanks to the senior pilots here) and made TAW even more enjoyable to play. Just as long as I'm not package Lead. :rolleyes:

Enjoy.

but still, how do you delete units from the map ?

Welcome!

Just to give you a clear answer on that:

You can select units by right clicking on them while 'zoom' mode is NOT enabled.

When the box appears showing you stuff about that unit group, you should see a Units section for ground mobiles and a Mission tab -> Flight section for aircraft.

At the bottom of the box you have a drop-box labeled: Available units. From there you can select the top value 'No Flight' or 'No Unit'. This will change the selected unit in the group to whatever you chose there.

By selecting 'No Unit', a unit slot gets removed from group. Remove all units from a group, and it will prompt you, that the entire group will be deleted.

EDIT//

And a short info about the waypoints: Not sure how to handle the float point zero error.. But to add waypoints to a mission with only 1 waypoint, you right click on it while 'ZOOM' is not enabled, then the unit box should appear. On the left, use 'Add' to add a new waypoint..

You can also add waypoints directly from the map if a unit already has 2 waypoints: Clicking on the middle of the line between two waypoints will create a third.

//EDIT

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Eagle_Flight, many MANY thanks ! That did the trick. I look forward to meeting all of you online... My last F22 dogfight was something like 13 years ago :blink:

Online is always great fun, don't worry 'bout the dogfights though! ...like Wombat said, the fun part comes when you gotta maintain control without using the pause button! ;)

EDIT//

Just a short hint about the combat wizard: when selecting the airfield, you can click on the map-icons beside the airfield to turn it friendly/neutral/enemy - That gives you a few more options when creating custom scenarios!

//EDIT

Oh and feel free and welcome to share your created missions with the community..!