COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there. I had a similar problem last week, but apparently it doesn't happen to everyone. Try accessing the downloads through a proxy like this one http://eu.smarthide.com/ Don't forget to ch

Posted Images

I notice the difficult level in the OPTION Window from within the sim. for 2.20a is only available for medium level and thus defaults to that level.

As a consequence I imported my own game.cfg file to get the alternative difficulty levels.

I also have different setting to the 2.20a game.cfg file as can be seen below.

220a game.cfg...................................................................................My game.cfg

game1-2.jpg

.....................................................................................................SMOOTHING=0

.....................................................................................................HWACL=1

game2-2.jpg

Wombat,

Nothing changed with the EXE files or the game.cfg. If an option (i.e. difficulty) was locked out, that means that you most likely accessed the Options menu from within the sim (i.e. SHF+O), as opposed to from the GUI.

Nothing changed with the EXE files or the game.cfg.

But your new 220a game.cfg overwrites my personalized game.cfg. It was the new 220a game set the difficulty at 2.

If an option (i.e. difficulty) was locked out, that means that you most likely accessed the Options menu from within the sim (i.e. SHF+O), as opposed to from the GUI.

Yes I did access it from the within the game, but I hadn't appreciated there was a difference. In fact in my naive way I would have expected it to be the same as the GUI version. Despite this, if I open the 220a game.cfg file it still shown the difficult level at 2 as was seen through the SHF+O in the game. They are the same.

Here's another one: the GME

Here's mine:

WombatsGME.jpg

Some are purely my own (eg. MFD Mod).

But some have grown out of earlier TAW2.0 beta versions.

I would like to edit my MODS folder to remove those mod files that are now redundant. (ie Included in new public release TAW2.0 versions).

I thought the mod "WIDE removed" had been incorporated in 2.16 and beyond, but I still have to GME my TAW2.20a to achieve the change.

Thanks

You may need to send me the contents of your "custom" mods folders so I can take inventory and see what has changed.

The EXEs haven't changed since 2.10, so your WIDE mod should still be good. Not sure why it isn't working unless your 2.17 beta stuff is enabled.

You may need to send me the contents of your "custom" mods folders so I can take inventory and see what has changed.

The EXEs haven't changed since 2.10, so your WIDE mod should still be good. Not sure why it isn't working unless your 2.17 beta stuff is enabled.

Thanks for the offer but I'll let it slide. The current inclusions are causing no problems, it just my bloody pedantic nature again wanting to "pretty it up". :rolleyes:

It was a bit like when I had a sailing boat. When adding bits (cleats, winches, etc), I then would want to take the old bits off. To "pretty it up". An old salt said to me: "Mistake, you never know when they might come in handy in an emergency". Oh and was he so right! But that's another story for an other time ...... ;)

Thanks for the offer but I'll let it slide. The current inclusions are causing no problems. :rolleyes:

What problems? :P

seniltycopy.jpg

Many thanks to the folks from the Air Dominance Project for this wonderful mod.

I played the game religiously 10 years ago and it was and still is one of the most influential sims of my experience.

I'm testing TAW_220a right now and having lots of fun but a quick question...in the 1024x768 Direct3D mode, are the num pad keys disabled? In the past those num pad keys would show a very nice close up view of the radar display, the threats displays, the map, etc. This was very useful for scanning the air space around me. Also, I could click the threats with the mouse and select them for targeting.

Is there any way to get those close-ups back?

If not, how are you guys managing those screens because they are somewhat fuzzy in the default cockpit view.

I do have TrackIR, I just haven't tested it with the game yet.

Marek,

Glad you are enjoying TAW 2.0, but no doubt you could be enjoying it more. The numpad zoom views should work in 1024x768, so I'm not sure the issue is. Are you running a laptop or a keyboard where numlock must be pressed (or for that matter must not be pressed) in order for your keypad to work?

If you're concerned about the EXE, you can try one of the other EXEs (e.g. D3D 800x600) and see if you have the same problem. If it works in 800x600, go back to 1024x768 and try it again.

If it doesn't work at this point, please let me know, along with your system specs so I can do some throubleshooting.

Many thanks to the folks from the Air Dominance Project for this wonderful mod.

I played the game religiously 10 years ago and it was and still is one of the most influential sims of my experience.

I'm testing TAW_220a right now and having lots of fun but a quick question...in the 1024x768 Direct3D mode, are the num pad keys disabled? In the past those num pad keys would show a very nice close up view of the radar display, the threats displays, the map, etc. This was very useful for scanning the air space around me.

First, welcome to the Forum and back to TAW. I know the feeling. :icon_rock:

In regard to the num pad keys (the views are essential for TAW2.0), I have to turn on my <Num Lock> key for mine to activate correctly with TAW2.0

Also, I could click the threats with the mouse and select them for targeting.

Yes, just great for that .....

I do have TrackIR, I just haven't tested it with the game yet.

Shouldn't have any problems with it (works fine for me). Have a look at page 19 of the 2.0 Manual in the reference section of the Launcher.

Good flying. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ha! HF beat me by 15 mins ....... :rofl: Well at least that's good service. He is the expert, in fact he is TAW2.0. :icon_bow:;)

If it doesn't work at this point, please let me know, along with your system specs so I can do some throubleshooting.

Problem solved! The culprit: advanced gaming keyboard from Microsoft. If a special gaming mode is enabled, the numpad will be disabled because the keyboard expects you to assign special macros for the keys. Reset the keyboard to the standard mode, the zoom keys work beautifully. Make a note of that guys in case another player tags along with the same issue. Thanks in advance for all replies!

Problem solved! The culprit: advanced gaming keyboard from Microsoft. If a special gaming mode is enabled, the numpad will be disabled because the keyboard expects you to assign special macros for the keys. Reset the keyboard to the standard mode, the zoom keys work beautifully. Make a note of that guys in case another player tags along with the same issue. Thanks in advance for all replies!

:thumbsup: Don't forget we do play MP twice a week. See here for details. Its great fun. Although I keep running into the hangers at take-off ..... :lol:

Well, just finish most of the training missions (not the later ones, they're quite hard), try and play a campaign, I like Strike Force. You need to know the basics before MP, but fortunately TAW has nowhere near the long training curve of Falcon or LOMAC.

Most MP missions are co-op, so you don't have to be an ace, just make sure not to crash on takeoff, have an idea about missile evasion, and land in the end.

Hello everyone, I'm new and I have been a problem.

I downloaded TAW 2.20 + patch 2.20a, I installed both files I tried to start the game.

the game start but if I click on "campaign" black screen appears and exit this window of error ( http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/14325815.jpg/ ), if for example I click on "options" I always leave the black screen and then this error window ( http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/86398525.jpg/ ).

I can not play short.

how can I fix it?

p.s. PC on which I want to play is this: i7 950, 6GB DDR3, ati radeon hd 5970, windows 7 64bit.

Not sure, but while we're waiting for one of the experts to come along, you could try opening your 'game.cfg' file in Notepad and changing 'REZ=3' to 'REZ=2' then try the game again.

I tried but I have not solved the problem. Now in "options" I can get in but if I click on "campaign" the problem I've always though a little 'different than before.

Now the error window says "800x600 not supported by hardware." Since in the "options" now I can go I set the resolution to 640x400 but if I go to "campaign" I get the error window that says "640x400 not supported by hardware".

Try selecting Software rendering mode in 'Options'....does it still crash?

If not, we need to look at your graphics card drivers.

Perhaps we are on road for the solution.

So, I selected "options" the "software only" and then "800x600" and going to "campaign" the error window does not come out as a regular part of the mission, and though I see the colors all stoned.

OK, since your machine is so powerful, I would reinstall the game with Glide mode and use the dgVoodoo Glide wrapper.

There should be instructions to do this in the TAW2.20 Readme file.

I enabled the menu item "dgVoodoo Glide wrapper" and now the colors are correct. I still have a problem, however, the HUD and all other written on the screen will flash.

I tried to change color using shift + H, but I have not solved.

how can I do?