COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there. I had a similar problem last week, but apparently it doesn't happen to everyone. Try accessing the downloads through a proxy like this one http://eu.smarthide.com/ Don't forget to ch

Posted Images

The links work like nothing ever happened,, Good work & thanks HF's

obewan.jpg

Welcome Thumper44 & j.joe.

Feel free to join us for fun MP using TS3 for comms.

Ref:

Total Air War v2.0 Semi-Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember to set your clock forward one hour @ 2AM Sunday morning in the California time zone.

f22-clown-smler.gif

We meet on TS3 close to 1100 GMT this Sunday.

hold.jpg

We meet on TS3 close to 1100 GMT this Sunday.

Hey, thanks for the heads up regarding daylight savignns changing.. but I thought GMT time doesn't get affected, as thats's the baseline timezone that never changes?

I'm guessing you wanted to say: We meet on TS3 close to 11:00 - local California time - this Sunday? That would still leave the fly-in in the same time slot it had up to now: 1800 GMT

Or did you want to change the fly-in time to 1100 GMT on Sundays??

Greets

Thanks to all members of Air Dominance Project !

I am a french combatsim hardgamer and bought first F22 ADF in 1997 and TAW after. Today not any problem to play under Vista 64, and i confirm that this game is always the very best air combat simulator i know. Good work, continue !

You are correct, Eagle

Hey, thanks for the heads up regarding daylight savignns changing.. but I thought GMT time doesn't get affected, as thats's the baseline timezone that never changes?

I'm guessing you wanted to say: We meet on TS3 close to 11:00 - local California time - this Sunday? That would still leave the fly-in in the same time slot it had up to now: 1800 GMT

Or did you want to change the fly-in time to 1100 GMT on Sundays??

You are correct, Eagle. Once we shifted the fly-ins to GMT, we sucked up the time changes in the States. No need to shift any times, whether it be Wednesday or Sunday.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am a newbie to the forum, but have been flying combat sims since the days of the ZX81, onto to EF2000 (orginal Dos version) and have now come back to flight sims after a long break ie young family committments. I tried to update my (recent) copy of TAW to TAW 2.21 but the link does not work. Does anyone know of an alternative place where I can download a copy.

Many thanks

What's causing the screen in D3D to wash out and brighten when panning around in the cockpit? Even with LSS turned off I'm getting this phenomenon at a certain angle in the pit. And it's happening even when the sun's already down. Is this one of the mods? It's really annoying.

Bump for 2.22. This version now includes GME as part of the install, given the apparent demise of the Jonesoft website. There are also plenty of other small features you may enjoy.

At the time I write this, GameFront is still processing the file. If the link doesn't work, try back later.

Zeus pointed out a major screw-up on my part; I included the wrong glide2x.dll in the nGlide package. I have disabled the 2.22 download, and version 2.22a is available on Mediafire. Once GameFront accepts the upload, it will be available there as well.

2.22a is available at GameFront now as well.

To maintain "other" mods or tweaks within TAW2.0, can one just disable the 2.21 beta mod through GME and then enable 2.22a, again using GME? Would save a lot of re-tweaking (those outside GME mods). e.g. My preferred .exe, skins and personal logo, etc.

Thanks.

Wombat,

The patch should delete any obsolete betas as part of the installation; if they are still there, delete them yourself. Old betas are bad; if the files need to change, they have been changed in the patch.

As for your custom EXE, that should still be OK. Just make sure you enable that after you set everything on the Config Screen. The skins have changed, but you will just need to reselect your favorite skins and logos.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question, there is an opensource flight simulator called (Flightgear), it is already an advanced game/simulator engine (for a free project) , why won't anyone mod it to flightgear/TAW2? all it needs is missiles, AI's, a few extra planes, destroyable buildings , and conversion the missions from TAW2 to the moded flightgear/TAW2.

.... all it needs is missiles, AI's, a few extra planes, destroyable buildings , and conversion the missions from TAW2 to the moded flightgear/TAW2.

Heh, probably the understatement of the year. :)

What you describe is probably >95% of the effort in building a combat sim.

I haven't looked at Flightgear for a few years, but they had no combat components integrated into the core last time I looked, although I think a few people were experimenting with it.

Actually flight gear has some fighters, but they are not programed as good as the A1-0, download and see the A-10, it isn't much in terms of combat but still it is pretty well .Imagine if the TAW2 moders made the F-22/flight gear mod, we would have better graphics and game engine and we can set aside the bugs on the old TAW game engine.

Bugs that might be because of bad backward compatibility, and the bugs might get worse, I'm just afraid we would have to end up using DOSbox on windows 8 or later.

Edited by Mustsafa