COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

Hello.

I'm new here, and it was a real pleasure to discover that this game was again alive and kicking..

Too bad I have some small problems to run this game.. The earlier versions you made (Total Air War 2008, 2.0) runned smoothly on my computer. But now I get everytime when pressing the F12 key (to watch other planes) this annoying message:

f22tawfault.png

I got it always when I want to play it either on 800x600 D3D and 1024x680 D3D (never got problems with that before in the earlier versions). And the ngGlide or Voodoo GlideWrapper seems to slow down the game a bit.

Greetings,

Toon

Belgium

Crashing with F12 is a known issue for D3D EXEs. If you hadn't received that error in the past, consider yourself lucky.

I'm surprised to hear that nGlide slows down the game. If you run the wrapper in 800x600, you should get comparable performance.

Crashing with F12 is a known issue for D3D EXEs. If you hadn't received that error in the past, consider yourself lucky.

I'm surprised to hear that nGlide slows down the game. If you run the wrapper in 800x600, you should get comparable performance.

Ah didn't know they "F12" crash was a known issue. If I don't press this key the game runs great on my PC, so I think I will not press on this one anymore ;) Too bad actually, because sometimes it's fun watching other planes when you're on a long range bombing mission ;)

Greetings !

Too bad actually, because sometimes it's fun watching other planes when you're on a long range bombing mission ;)

Run it in Glide with the wrapper, and you can still watch other planes without the crash.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear it works in Win8! I'm not going out of my way to try it out though....

About the only F-22 ADF feature you can't do is that long 'Instant Action' mission. All the other missions are included, and you can reset the terrain graphics to the original ADF if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Its me again. I still enjoy the game from the first time im download until now. There is one thing that anoying me. I can see other object such builiding or airplane through other object. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Im sory for my bad englis >.<

• 3 weeks later...

Running 3dfx with nGlide seems to be the most popular.

I use the dgVoodoo wrapper, but some people report that it slows things down too much.

I would say Glide is better than D3D if you're running on a screen bigger than 1024x768.....which is just about everybody these days.

nGlide is probably the best wrapper to use. I default the game to dgVoodoo since it is D3D7 compatible, doesn't add any registry entries and can be used if you want to play the game from a flash drive. However, nGlide is faster, of equivalent quality, and is currently supported by its developer.

Are there screen comparisons of the different custom weather states? :)

Nope. Honestly, I don't think that very many people realize it's there. BTW, there's also a weather editor so you can create your own states.

Broken is my personal favorite. Some of the nimbus clouds are really more of a proof of concept than a good looking weather pattern.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back, Wombat.

What exactly is the trouble, and what is your sequence for installing?

You may want to use the pilot utility to back up your pilots and campaigns, back up your personal mods, then uninstall. Then reinstall from scratch in the order laid out in the first post. This should take care of any possible corruption issues.

EDIT: While you're at it, be sure to make sure you have BMS Update 3 installed. We've been flying BMS once we finish with TAW on Wednesdays.

Nothing special with the 2.22a install.

Just uninstalled the GME mods and then ran TAW_222a_Patch.exe over the top of 2.22Beta 3 and get this:

abort.jpg

Maybe I need to get back to 2.21 and then patch with 2.22a?