COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

no big deal. just close the TAW launcher and restart the install.

Did I mention it's good to have you back? :rofl:

You did. :lol: And its great to be back in mind and in body if you know what i mean .... ;)

As far as BMS goes I might just watch until I get to grips with TAW2.0 MP again. its been awhile, and with my poor memory even TAW2.0 looks new. :rolleyes: But its on the agenda. :thumbsup:

You did. :lol: And its great to be back in mind and in body if you know what i mean .... ;)

As far as BMS goes I might just watch until I get to grips with TAW2.0 MP again. its been awhile, and with my poor memory even TAW2.0 looks new. :rolleyes: But its on the agenda. :thumbsup:

Close the Launcher??? OH FRUIT!!! I haven't improved. :sofa1: How can I patch with the existing .exe open!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: .

Its patched perfectly. :thumbsup:

Nice job with the patch. (See ....... at least I read the readme ....... ;) )

Just a point on the AWACS MP missions (two of them). How do you direct the battle fleet from within the cockpit of the AWAC? Is it just a matter of directing the real MP pilots to undertake tasks at your direction?

There is no player AWACS capability in multiplayer, so any AWACS missions converted to multiplayer put you in the F-22 with a more limited set of objectives.

MP Missions that have an (A) at the end of the title are there as placeholders, as they have yet to be converted.

It was with reference to the two (A) missions I was referring. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

I would like to point out, for those of interest, that most of the links on the first page are broken. At the moment only the two patches on MediaFire can be downloaded.

P.S.: I have been following this topic as a guest over the years, and now that I finally registered, I'd like to say that you all did an awesome job at keeping this great game alive.

Hi there.

I would like to point out, for those of interest, that most of the links on the first page are broken. At the moment only the two patches on MediaFire can be downloaded.

P.S.: I have been following this topic as a guest over the years, and now that I finally registered, I'd like to say that you all did an awesome job at keeping this great game alive.

Good-day mate! :thumbsup: Welcome to the Forum. Hope to see you in the MP skies sometime soon maybe? Yes ...... we all "dips our lid" to HF for the great job with TAW2.0. :icon_rock:

@ Home Fries

About the links, after what you said, I decided to try them through a proxy, and guess what: they work. I still can't understand why though. Sorry for the wrong information. Terrific job on the references section!

@ Wombat1940

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I know that you guys fly occasionally in MP, but since I have been forever playing SP on the original TAW, I have a lot to tweak before I can fly in a MP environment. Also, after all the study material that I found on TAW 2.2.. I suppose I have much to try and practice on the dogfight department! I'll let you know when I'm ready.

No apologies, Riddler. I'd rather you bring something to my attention that is ok than let something wrong continue to be wrong.

For multiplayer, don't worry too much about getting your dogfighting skills up to par. We tend to fly coop, and we will tailor our mission choices to your skillset (e.g. we won't fly missions that require free-lasing unless you are comfortable with doing that). The only things we require for MP are the use of TS3 (we don't do chat except for contingencies), the earnestness and willingness to learn, and the ability to fly straight and level (or at least knowing how to set the autopilot). The only thing you may need to practice is taxiing on the ground, since many of the multiplayer missions start from the parking spot. You can try the original ADF/RSO missions for this (TAW campaign missions tend to start you on the runway).

When you want to join, just post in the MP thread that you will be available (and request a mission to fly if you have a preference), and Wombat will take care of you.

@ Wombat1940

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I know that you guys fly occasionally in MP, but since I have been forever playing SP on the original TAW, I have a lot to tweak before I can fly in a MP environment. Also, after all the study material that I found on TAW 2.2.. I suppose I have much to try and practice on the dogfight department! I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Just to add to HF's comments about MP. Its not that hard. It can't be that hard otherwise I wouldn't be there. :D Even if you can't take-off and land. Somebody taxied at take off into a hanger the other day. Not saying who it was, but it has something to do with "potato chips". ;) We can restart or fly one short. You actually "respawn" if you get "killed" on a mission, so you can stay in the mission. TAW2.0 MP is not as tough as say Falcon4 and is very forgiving. Plus the F22 is so much easier to fly than say the F16. The big thing is to get TeamSpeak 3 up and running and then you can talk to us at MP flight time and you don't necessarily have to fly. I also flew TAW in SP for years with the aid of the <PAUSE> button. You know ....... when setting the LANTIRN. :blush: I can't use the <PAUSE> button in the MP and that's been a huge learning curve for me in MP. But the feeling is just great! Being part of a team in MP is something you don't get in SP. To watch Neph take out air and ground targets with just cannon is mind blowing! I didn't believe it was possible until I saw it done! As you might gather, I'm just a player. No special skills for me but I have my role. The others keep an eye on me to see that I stay out of trouble. :lol: Anyway ...... give it some thought ........ practice your taxiing, take-off and landing .......... install TS3 and come and have a chat on Wednesday nights (Thurs 1.00am GMT). :coffeetime:

@Home Fries + Wombat1940

You guys sure know how to make a newcomer feel comfortable :)

I suppose it won't be long before I can join multiplayer. Basic maneuvering probably won't be a problem, I just need to learn to be patient while waiting for the ATC.. in single player one simply lines up even on the taxiway and blasts the afterburner! Also, the impossibility to use <PAUSE> while setting the LANTIRN could be problematic without a joystick ;) guess I have to practice that!

Alright. Let me go check those TS3 settings and overview the COOP missions. See you on the multiplayer topic.

Thanks boys.

Quite often we don't wait for the ATC to give permission. Its really up to the Lead (number one who is the IP host for the night). I've hosted a couple of times and it amazing how must harder it is as Lead because your wingmen are waiting for combat instruction. So much easier as a wingie. :lol: We also implement "No collision on the ground" and we play in EASY mode. I need no collisions as I like to sit in the same cockpit with Neph. :rofl:

Metal Fan? You got a joystick?

Even cheap and nasty is better than non. I've got an old MS Sidewinder when I play on my 10" Netbook. The only functions that work in XP, are the joystick and the throttle level. Non of the buttons can be programmed. But that's fine: I just use the keyboard.

@Wombat1940

I once borrowed a joystick to try it on Flight Simulator 98 and it felt so much worse than the keyboard that I never touched one again. And I never missed it. Plus, the fly-by-wire style of the F22 is so easy on the keyboard :D I don't know, we'll see.

@Wombat1940

I once borrowed a joystick to try it on Flight Simulator 98 and it felt so much worse than the keyboard that I never touched one again. And I never missed it. Plus, the fly-by-wire style of the F22 is so easy on the keyboard :D I don't know, we'll see.

OK. no problems. Its just that you might enjoy the flying more, particularly when using the cannon. Fighter aircraft are a bit different to fly than commercial aircraft. Mind you we could always send you out on unarmed recon. missions. ;) Mind you, it won't stop the enemy taking pot shots at you. :rofl: