COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there. I had a similar problem last week, but apparently it doesn't happen to everyone. Try accessing the downloads through a proxy like this one http://eu.smarthide.com/ Don't forget to ch

Posted Images

(...) the stick helps the movement be more fluid. No Need for a full blown HOTAS Setup just a stick with a throttle built in and a few programmable buttons would be fine..

Hey there.

I get your point. Now that I am trying to play without the really useful <PAUSE> button, I understand that every extra bit of help makes a great difference. I'm just not that much of a gamer that could justify the bucks for a stick.

Mind you we could always send you out on unarmed recon. missions.

Well, why would you be so mean? Why would anyone do recon with an F22 without a full bay? When I do "recon" I usually take down a bridge or two.. :rolleyes:

Amen EMCON 1!

i have server error when trying to download ... any idea ??

Hey there.

I had a similar problem last week, but apparently it doesn't happen to everyone. Try accessing the downloads through a proxy like this one

http://eu.smarthide.com/

Don't forget to change the file extension of the download.. it will be downloaded as a "browse.php" with 262Mb.. change it to something that ends in ".exe".

• Like 1

Don't forget to change the file extension of the download.. it will be downloaded as a "browse.php" with 262Mb.. change it to something that ends in ".exe".

The file doesn't always download without extension, but if it does, the files were named exactly as they are listed in the first post of this thread.

Hey there.

I get your point. Now that I am trying to play without the really useful <PAUSE> button, I understand that every extra bit of help makes a great difference. I'm just not that much of a gamer that could justify the bucks for a stick.

Amen EMCON 1!

Just to explain: there are those here who never address TAW/Falcon4.0/IL2/LOMAC as "games". They see them as "Flight Simulator". Of course they can't simulate everything (no G forces, no pilot inversions, silly little computer screen rather than the canopy, etc) but a lot of thing they can simulate. With Falcon you can do a RAMP (cold) start by clicking switches, turning knobs, reading instruments etc, which, although too tedious in normal circumstances, moves it away from a game into a sim. That's why some have triple screens, stand alone MFD's, track ball facilities, head mounted tracking devices and .................................................................. a joystick. ;) If one just uses a keyboard then I think it can be classed as a "game". But the single inclusion of a joystick, with a few programmed buttons, moves it to a flight simulator. Its really up to you which you wish to be: a gamer or a FSimmer. If you decide its a FSimmer then I think the cost of a joystick is warranted. Just my thoughts. :)

PS. On my Netbook I fly Multiplay TAW2.0 MP on a10" screen, a MS Sidewinder joystick and the keyboard, all on a wireless connection. It works ........... just, but it works. :thumbsup:

Just to explain: there are those here who never address TAW/Falcon4.0/IL2/LOMAC as "games".

That applies mostly to Falcon 4.0 and the "l33t" community that looks down on anything that doesn't accurately model wind resistance on bullet drops and offer at least two ways to enter TACAN channels. :rofl:

We in the TAW community do not suffer from that scope-limiting elitism. TAW is a game, as is IL-2, LOMAC/DCS and (gasp!) Falcon 4.0. You may catch me joking about it on occasion, but the bottom line is that regardless of realism or fidelity, you do it for fun, you don't collect a paycheck, and you only have to hit the exit button if you crash. Therefore, it's a game. :)

Also, for the record, I'm a huge fan of all the games/series listed.

So if we don't get paid for this where are all these checks coming from??? LOL

I have to agree with HF... They are all games.. albiet difficult... but games none the less. I have not flown as many real and simulated hours as some of the jet jocks here, but what I have flown has been much enhanced using a joystick. I have tried using the keyboard also and in my humble opinion there is no comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, its me again.

HF i have some question. Is there anyway to change the hud format, i mean the speed indicator and altitude indicator,

first time i instal there is a simple hud, with no cirle hud.

But yesterday i have to reinstal my win7 n i instal taw n hud indicator is with circle hud for speed n alt.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest San_A333

Dear community,

I have just downloaded TAW2.20 and I am very excited about playing it! I have a few questions regarding old bugs though...

1- Has the AWACS "skip it" bug been fixed? I remember back in the days AWACS used to send fighters for interception but systematically called them back.

2- Another old bug: when playing the AWACS, I remember it was impossible to make other IA controlled planes landing, because the control tower would never reply to them. To my knowledge that bug only occured when playing the AWACS...

3- Are IA controlled planes still attacking their own SAMs?

4- This is not a bug but something very irritating: is it possible to disable scramble missions? Beceause of these, it is IMPOSSIBLE for any IA controlled flight group to come back from mission alive. Actually no one can survive to any bombing mission if no human player is among them. I believe this is due to scramble planes that are continually taking-off until everyone get shot down.

Thank you very much for your replies!

I'm sure Home Fries (or others) will get back to you with answers regarding your very good questions. However I'm not confident that they have been fixed as "we" do not have access to make code changes. They were never released as with Falcon 4.0. Irrespective, most of us overcome these possible shortcomings by flying Multiplay. :thumbsup:

Wombat is right in this case. I can do a mean Photoshop, but hex-editing isn't my strength. Without source code or good hex edits, we're stuck in place as far as AI gameplay is concerned.

Believe me, if we could get some hex gurus onboard, I have my own wishlist of things to do.

Hi!! i´m new in the forum and i´d like to download F-22 TAW 2.0 , but links of TAW_220_Install.exe , TFX Soundtrack on Roland MT-32 and TFX Soundtrack on SoundBlaster 16 are broken and i can´t download them :(

PLEASE, FIX IT!! or send it me someway...

thank you

Hi!! i´m new in the forum and i´d like to download F-22 TAW 2.0 , but links of TAW_220_Install.exe , TFX Soundtrack on Roland MT-32 and TFX Soundtrack on SoundBlaster 16 are broken and i can´t download them :(

PLEASE, FIX IT!! or send it me someway...

thank you

http://community.combatsim.com/topic/20202-f-22-total-air-war-222a-released/page__st__480#entry5148374

See if this works

• 2 months later...

I just checked the Gamefront link and it worked for me.

Working for me to .... :icon_rock:

ugh my country not in the list on gamefront, i'll just use a proxy then.

Thanks guys for the feedback at least now i know what is the issue.

I'm setting up my joystick again thinking of playing rise of flight, but for some reason i always gets the urge to play taw instead. Thinking back, wierdly i still remember the keys for taw without the need to refer to the guide.

Ah well, maybe its time for me to actually finish this game since i dont have much interest to learn the controls for a10 and black shark.

No problems Gunso. Funny about the keystokes and joysick button presses. Some of them are hard wired into my brain. The sequence for 'build auto shoot list', 'cycle shoot list', 'go emcon 5', 'SHOOT!' is so automatic. Nice really. Can make the difference between life and death. I played TAW2.0 MP today and that sequence wasn't working for some reason on my 'stick during the flight. I felt as though my hands were tied behind my back. Fortunately it was a very uneventful but highly successful flight. If you've played TAW before but haven't tried MP you might want to give it a try. It is the the next step. :whoa: