COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

The Mediafire being down is a known issue; they had squashed the download due to TOS issues, but I have since fixed that with them. I just haven't re-uploaded yet. I will disable the broken links for the time being.

Additionally, if anybody has a mirror they would like to offer for TAW 2.0, I will gladly take them up.

No problems Gunso. Funny about the keystokes and joysick button presses. Some of them are hard wired into my brain. The sequence for 'build auto shoot list', 'cycle shoot list', 'go emcon 5', 'SHOOT!' is so automatic. Nice really. Can make the difference between life and death. I played TAW2.0 MP today and that sequence wasn't working for some reason on my 'stick during the flight. I felt as though my hands were tied behind my back. Fortunately it was a very uneventful but highly successful flight. If you've played TAW before but haven't tried MP you might want to give it a try. It is the the next step. :whoa:

lol i reinstall flight unlimited 2 the other day just for the sake of nostalgia, too bad it wont run properly on win 7 anymore. Since arma 2 CO warfare community is dying and arma 3 still dont have a decent warfare i think i can try TAW2.0 MP after i brush my rusty skill for a bit. Only hope the ping is decent enough for me since i get 220ms on Gameson.net server before.

I have track- IR but really sucks at using it lol, maybe i need to configure it properly i guess.

They just dont make games with dynamic campaign like this anymore.

The Mediafire being down is a known issue; they had squashed the download due to TOS issues, but I have since fixed that with them. I just haven't re-uploaded yet. I will disable the broken links for the time being.

Additionally, if anybody has a mirror they would like to offer for TAW 2.0, I will gladly take them up.

I would recommend using dropbox if you want to host the files, it's 2GB free space and if the files are bigger than 200mb you can just use winrar/winzip and split it or you can also use www.box.com is giving 5GB and 250mb limit.

Just put the file on public folder and click the get the link button. You dont need to worry about the files getting deleted due to inactivity anymore.

lol i reinstall flight unlimited 2 the other day just for the sake of nostalgia, too bad it wont run properly on win 7 anymore. Since arma 2 CO warfare community is dying and arma 3 still dont have a decent warfare. Only hope the ping is decent enough for me since i get 220ms on Gameson.net server before.

I'm in Australia and I ping at about 215ms for Arma2 and have now trouble. You should have no trouble with TAW2.0 MP. The three thing you need to do if your still interested is:

1. Download and install TAW2.0 and patch up to 2.22a from here. (That should be the easy bit.)

2. Get yourself hooked up with Teamspeak 3 from here so you can talk to to us ant the TS3 F22 Total Air War Channel. (That, a bit harder as you need to also join SimHQ).

3. Organize your router with help from, again, here (This is the crappy part but it possible with help, but I'll be truthful: its beyond me. However there is help available at our TS3 channel , but you need to serious about joining to get that help.)

Sorry, all this sounds rather discouraging, but I don't believe in bs. ;)

The good think about its all free. :lol:

...... i think i can try TAW2.0 MP after i brush my rusty skill for a bit.

We've got two new MP flyers just started with us. One very new to TAW (good-day Fittop!), so we going to run some one on one MP training flights at mutually convenient times to get him up to speed. We're still trying to get him though the crappy port forwarding bit. Have to so though, he's like a bloody dog: he won't let and we love him for that! :thumbsup:

Sound as though got the basic skills already, so you can make holes in the ground at take-off with me ...... :rofl:

I have track- IR but really sucks at using it lol, maybe i need to configure it properly i guess.

I've got it to but mines very basic (TrackIR3) and very basic settings. I turn my off when landing as it makes me giddy. :rolleyes:

They just dont make games with dynamic campaign like this anymore.

Exactly right!!!! .There's nothing to beat it Well ........maybe Falcon, but I'm an old bastard and all those knobs, buttons and analog gauges are all too much for me. That's why we stick around TAW2.0: its friendly, not the best graphics, but the best dynamic campaigns. And when you fly it in MP ..... its something else! :woohoo:

I would recommend using dropbox if you want to host the files, it's 2GB free space and if the files are bigger than 200mb you can just use winrar/winzip and split it or you can also use www.box.com is giving 5GB and 250mb limit. Just put the file on public folder and click the get the link button. You dont need to worry about the files getting deleted due to inactivity anymore.

We use dropbox extensively, but I'll let HF discuss that. I'm just a follower ....... again. ;)

Not a bad idea, Gunso. I actually have Skydrive, Box and Dropbox, and I was thinking about using my Box space for a mirror. I just need to figure out how the public link works in Box, but that shouldn't be too hard. I just haven't had a need to look at it before.

I'm lucky with Box; I got a 50Gb free storage when they were offering the promotion, so I have more than enough room to host TAW and its patches.

Along similar lines, if anybody else has cloud space they wish to donate to the cause, please let me know and I'll gladly take you up on the offer.

What TeamSpeak channel you guys on now?, ......should have some free time approaching ETA 2 weeks.

We now have our very own F22 Total Air War sub-channel at TS3! :thumbsup: The regular MP flyin session is Thursdays 1.00am GMT. Would be really love to see you Red. :woohoo: We know the short comings of TAW (principally the graphics) but its got everything else. And we both know you don't have to be a Falcon ace pilot to fly because of it friendly game play which makes it so much fun without it being in anyway arcadish. We start rolling up around 12.30am to chat, hopefully fix problems and take off around 1.00am. Numbers are still small and hopefully growing, but the quality is sensational. Not necessarily in pilots skills (how could it be with me around :lol: ) but just such lovely people. :icon_rock: Hope to see you there anytime. Oh ......... Major General Battie is partial to gin if you want to make the right impression. :rofl:

PS. I'm often on TS3 for a chat, so please drop in anytime.

• 1 month later...

@Home Fries

Hi HF

To install TAW2 from scratch do I have to d/l base plus updates/patches or can I use a copy of DID folder I have on backup USB stick and just put into C:/ root directory? Explain why later. Battteries going down.

No problem copying from another folder; in fact you can run TAW from the USB stick if you like.

You may need to install certain libraries for maximum compatibility (depending on your OS), but all of the libraries you need can be found in the !ADP\Utilities folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for keeping TAW alive! I always want to play it back in the day, but didn't find one in Thailand, only Super EF2000 available. Now I can play it.

Don't forget MP. Its just the best and where you you really hone your skills with a great bunch of guys and girls.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Greetings to all the members of this forum.
Greetings to all programmers of this game special.
Greetings from me to all of you who are Italian.
Even I own this game, original and in Italian.
I wondered if it was possible to integrate this language in your MOD.
If you want you can also upload the files you might need my original compilation.
Secure than your positive feedback I offer you best regards.
Hello Italy :thumbsup:

Guys,

Thanks for the enthusiasm. I am willing to add the Italian interface to the existing version, albeit as a GME mod. However, my Italian is limited to "grazie", "prego" and "vino de casa". :rofl: I'll need some help from you guys to make it happen.

In order to put the new datafiles in, they need to be extracted from the original DID.dat. You can see the instructions here on the TAW Wiki; extracting the D3D version is fine; the datafiles will be the same. The extractor should rename many of the files to the filename recognized by the software. Find the ones with Italian text and send them to me (or better yet, upload them to a cloud and provide a link). I will be happy to canvas the files you send and compare them to my modded files, and make any required changes.

Finally, the extractor won't get all of the files. If there is anything else you realize you're missing, let me know and I'll try to find the files for you. At that point we can discuss how to edit them and you could to a manual translation. Don't worry; you can use Notepad for everything.

EDIT: I just realized that the extractor links on TAW Wiki are dead. I'll see if I have the extractors in my own archives and I'll put them up on my cloud.

I'm available for assistance on request.

Regards,

Edited by Home Fries

I've already extracted all text files (in any language) that were present in my version of did.dat, so it should be possible to replace them as HF suggests.

There is probably a dependency on the f22.dat game executable though for the radio messages etc. I don't remember the installer prompting me to select a language, so we may need to look at some of the original files from the italian release.