COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

Hello people
Let's get ready for a great Christmas and Happy New Year. F22 TAW in Italian that big dream. A brief will upload on Google Drive the entire contents of the original CD, including Digital manual. I will remain available for any clarification.
Grazie a tutti ragazzi.

Finally I managed to share the contents of the CD. It is divided into multiple tracks of audio is. The format used is that IMG / SUB / CCD (Clone CD).
For more details remain available for clarification

Here is the link sharing to Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B514Re7Rn9uWY1V5b2JlWG5aUjQ&usp=sharing

See You Soon :icon_salute3:

• 3 weeks later...

God help me but I'm up and down like a rollercoaster tonight. Massively up as I randomly once again did a search for TAW and found this community and the places to download TAW_220 and accompanying patches - AWESOME!

Down, because I'm now on my second installation attempt and can't seem to get it to work! Can get to the stage of the Combat screen launching, but then attempting to create a mission, or in fact launch one, fails miserably!

Anyone have any pointers...I'm not a fantastically IT-minded person unfortunately, but was under the impression it was simply install 220, then the patches in order and all would be well!

What could be going wrong?!

Will have to grab the error messages I'm getting for a bit more input.

Otherwise - THANKS CREATORS for bringing back my fave flight sim of all time....once I can get it working! :-)

@Kat,

A few questions:

1. Are you running from the TAW 2.0 Launcher (i.e. the front end GUI) or from _f22.exe?
  2. If running from the launcher, did you select between D3D and Glide installs when prompted on first run?
  3. If you did select D3D/Glide, which did you select (i.e. D3D/Glide and which resolution or wrapper)?

Please post the contents of taw.$$$ (the error log that should be located at c:\). It is a text file, so you should be able to copy and paste.

Hello Home Fries, Do you have any news about the mod in Italian? My upload is okay?

Bye

Unfortunately, I cannot find my extraction material (else I would have uploaded it earlier), so I'm dependent on others to do this. If anybody does have the extractor files, please post a link, or (better yet) perform the extraction on mdj's source data and upload the zip of all the files to a cloud.

Unfortunately, I cannot find my extraction material (else I would have uploaded it earlier), so I'm dependent on others to do this. If anybody does have the extractor files, please post a link, or (better yet) perform the extraction on mdj's source data and upload the zip of all the files to a cloud.

The name of extractor is Dragon UnPACKer or Krusade's Extractors?

This link http://www.krusader.org/ is useful?

Is there any other alternative utility??

Interesting....

The did.dat file is a bit larger (by 36 files) than the 12588 files that we're used to.

In mdj's upload the 'Readme' is in Italian. There is also a file (which may be a red herring) containing the following:

/* ==================================================================
*    Copyright:        Digital Image Design Ltd
*    File:                langdef.h
*    Author:            Roger Godfrey
*    Date:                26th July 1996
*    Format:        Install Sheild
*    Description:   Tells setup.rul which language to use (german, english
*                 French etc...)
* ===================================================================== */

/* DEFINES */

/* Use these defines to localise the code.
 * Only define one language at a time!
 */

// English Text:
#define ENGLISH    1

// French Text:
//#define FRENCH   2

// German Text:
//#define GERMAN   3

// Spanish Text:
//#define SPANISH 4

// Italian Text:
//#define ITALIAN 5

This may confirm my suspicion that the .exe is language specific, and that each country got a different CD.

HF, do we have a list of the files that have been added or modified for TAW2.0?

For the text files, I'll see what I can come up with. I assume you refer only to language specific ascii files, right? Or do you want everything that involves language (including some of the menu files)?

I know off the top of my head that the weapons descriptions were fixed along with some campaign briefs/debriefs. As for the missions, my multiplayer conversions will need to be translated by someone fluent in English and Italian.

Really, I was after every file that has been created or altered for TAW2.0. including the textures and models. I suppose I could do a diif from a clean install of TAW plus an original dat file extraction.

Regarding this Italian translation, I guess we'd only need to translate any new text that was added for TAW.

We have the ADF/RSO missions to translate as well though. My ADF is English only, although the Italian data files may be hidden in the dat file. My RSO disk has options to install in French and German as well as English, but there's no mention of Italian.

Once we get the files sorted, I'm asking one of our Italian stakeholders to do the manual translation for the mission briefings. Since the briefing files are ASCII (not even UTF) it could be done in notepad, and the color codes are very easy to identify and use. No code knowledge required.

As for modified files as a total, I think anything modified after 2006 is fair game. The first integrated mod was in 2007, and TAW 2.0 was released in 2010.

Hello, I'd like to report a strange issue I have with the 2.22a.

Whenever I'm on the ground the cockpit is shaking, it stops the moment I leave the surface. I've tried every possible configuration trying to isolate the problem.

Currently I'm running the game with the Glide Wrapper enabled and nostalgia mod. Any clue? I drives me insane! :D

Some questions:

1. Are you running the 2.30 beta? You should be if you're not.
  2. What operating system are you running?
  3. Which Glide EXE are you using (e.g. 32 bit Glide Widescreen, Original Glide, etc.)? If 32 bit, are you using TrackIR?
  4. Which Glide Wrapper are you using? dgVoodoo or nGlide? If dgVoodoo, are you using D3D7 or D3D9?
  5. If possible, could you post a quick video of the issue?

Thanks,

Thank your time. Here are my answers:

Some questions:

1. Are you running the 2.30 beta? You should be if you're not.

No. I will try it immediately, just in case.

2. What operating system are you running?

Windows 7 64

3. Which Glide EXE are you using (e.g. 32 bit Glide Widescreen, Original Glide, etc.)? Don't know. I'm using nGlide (2nd glide version offered by the launcher) If 32 bit, are you using TrackIR? No.
  4. Which Glide Wrapper are you using? dgVoodoo or nGlide? If dgVoodoo, are you using D3D7 or D3D9?

nGlide.

5. If possible, could you post a quick video of the issue?

Sadly, I'm not equipped to do it. But the effect is similar to what happens when you turn the airbreaks while on the runway...

Thanks,

I installed 2.30 beta 4 and it didn't change anything but I found out that if I try a training scenario, like "Take off training" where you start with your plane parked it doesn't happen. It only happens whenever the plane starts on the runway.

By the way, I remember it was possible to taxi in this game, but in this version every mission starts on the runway. Is it a parameter I can modify?

Once we get the files sorted, I'm asking one of our Italian stakeholders to do the manual translation for the mission briefings. Since the briefing files are ASCII (not even UTF) it could be done in notepad, and the color codes are very easy to identify and use. No code knowledge required.

As for modified files as a total, I think anything modified after 2006 is fair game. The first integrated mod was in 2007, and TAW 2.0 was released in 2010.

Hello Home Fries and Mikew,

Thanks for your work and I admire your work in order to integrate the version of TAW 2.0 in the Italian language.

Know that I am at your disposal as a consultant, as the Italian is my native language.
Expect your news.