COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

Sounds like some configuration files are not there. Here are some questions:

1. Is this a brand new install?
  2. Did you install all of the versions in order?
  3. Did you save to c:\program files or c:\program fles (x86)? (note: you shouldn't).

You get those messages with the launcher if it can't find the datafiles it needs. That's usually indicative of an incomplete install or a deleted file/folder.

Best bet is probably to reinstall; let me know if the problem persists.

• 3 months later...

is the X-55 two separate USB controllers? If so, TAW (being an old game) will only recognize a single controller. If there is a way to program both devices into a single virtual controller (you should be able to use PPJoy if the Saitek software can't do it), that is the only way to get two USB devices to work together in TAW, or for that matter any game that recognizes only a single controller.

is the X-55 two separate USB controllers? If so, TAW (being an old game) will only recognize a single controller. If there is a way to program both devices into a single virtual controller (you should be able to use PPJoy if the Saitek software can't do it), that is the only way to get two USB devices to work together in TAW, or for that matter any game that recognizes only a single controller.

Yes, it's X-55 with 2 separate USB controllers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Megadyptes said:

Hi, any news on the new installer? Or links to the most recent version if there's some unexpected delays in getting the new one up? Cheers. 

Real life can throw a wrench into plans, but I am putting final touches on the manual now.

I also noticed that the first post was wiped out with the forum upgrade, so a pending new link is fortuitous.

On 13/9/2009 5:25:18, Home Fries said:

Hi!!!!! I want to play this awesome game. But i didnt find , i have the original game F22 Total Air War, but the sound doesnt work , i dont know why, Do you have a full installer? or do you know where can i download this game ? 

Hi, i have one problem from this game, when i laucnh the game , the wallpaper freeze in loading and the sound doesnt work, or, if the wallpaper load all, the main menu from the game doesnt work and the sound too, ORRR if the wallpaper load correctly and i see the main menu, the sound doesnt work. Who can help me? D: !!!! I have Windows 8 32 bits,

22 minutes ago, SeriousToni said:

Is there something like a feature list for the update?

Here you go (from the readme)!

•  Created a Windows Vista/7/8 natively compatible Launcher so that XP Compatibility mode is no longer required
    • Integrated SweetFX 1.5 Functionality for nGlide users
    • Updated Launcher to force Glide Wrapper overwrite on initial EXE selection.  Allows automatic update of Glide Wrapper upon patching
    • Added GUI interface to edit certain items in Game.cfg (such as START_ON_RUNWAY).  This GUI can be found on the File pulldown menu on the Config Screen
    • Changed "Additional ADF/TAW References" to "Additional References" in References pulldown menu
    • Added JSGME User Guide to References and the Mods Help menu
    • Changed "Checklists and Briefings" to Systems and Mission Information" in References pulldown menu, added a "System Tutorials" submenu, and added ability to add global files in "Checklist" folder
    • Added Theater Map PDF to "Systems and Mission Information" menu.
    • Added Wombat's Multiplayer Mission Summary to "Checklist" folder.
    • Added Wombat's Maverick Static Target tutorial to "Tutorials" folder.
    • Updated multiplayer briefing for "Air Cover" mission
    • Added "Scandinavian Overcast" to Weather menu (based on EF2000 overcast weather)
    • Added "Reset Pilot Score" Campaign set to prevent pilot score from reverting to "1" after exceeding 1,000,000.  See the TAW 2.0 Manual Addendum for details.
  • Skins and Tails
    • Added 2012 Christmas tails for VFA-31 and VFA-103.
  • Added "Combat V" to appropriate medals
  • Extended Windows Vista/7/8 compatibility to associated VB6 EXEs.
  • Updated nGlide to version 1.04

There are also some core changes to the Launcher that were made when I converted it to be natively compatible with post XP operating systems.

Hi guys and girls im new. 

I have been looking for this game for ages! i loved it back when i was in school and wanted to play it again but could not remember the name of it. every time i looked for a f22 game i got raptor 3 or f22 lightning. but i finally found it. i think the people that put the effort into making this game playable on 64 bit are awesome. thanks and good job!

10 hours ago, InfiGamer said:

Hi guys and girls im new. 

I have been looking for this game for ages! i loved it back when i was in school and wanted to play it again but could not remember the name of it. every time i looked for a f22 game i got raptor 3 or f22 lightning. but i finally found it. i think the people that put the effort into making this game playable on 64 bit are awesome. thanks and good job!

So you got the issue fixed?  If not, running TAW from the launcher and selecting an EXE should take care of things.