COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

No matter if I use the keyboard or joystick, the right throttle is stuck at 100%.  The left throttle seems to be able to be controlled by either the [ or the ] keys.  Using Win10.  Any thoughts?

Weird. The [ and ] buttons should turn the left and right engines on and off, and the + and - keys increase and decrease throttle the same amount for both engines.

If I get a get a chance, I'll try and run on a Win10 machine later...

...and having just installed TAW2.30 on a Win10 laptop without any problems, it looks like the HUD throttle indicator is supposed to look like that, with 100% on the right I guess showing the Mil power mark. The value on the left is the combined thrust of both engines.

I'm not sure if it's always been so...

That's a great thread and I recognise a lot of the commenters from other forums.

Yes, Steve Hunt seems to have been one of the key developers of TAW and I'm sure he could provide many insights into the game.
It was over 20 years ago though, so I doubt he'd be able to remember many technical details unless he sneakily took home the source code on a bunch of floppy disks.

Anyway, with the release of 'Beat Hazard 2':
https://store.steampowered.com/app/618740/Beat_Hazard_2/
...he'll be too busy counting his millions to remember what he was doing at DID. :D

On 10/1/2019 at 7:37 PM, sobe said:

No matter if I use the keyboard or joystick, the right throttle is stuck at 100%.  The left throttle seems to be able to be controlled by either the [ or the ] keys.  Using Win10.  Any thoughts?

I too am having this issue while running windows 10. The game runs absolutely perfect but the right engine shows 100% no matter where throttle levers are set. but the left works fine.

I've looked a bit deeper into this, and there's not much that can be done.

The original game displayed the engine info as a single number, eg 'ENG 100%' which is a combination of both engines.

Now, Home Fries has done a great job in making the HUD more dynamic, but it's the same information that has to be worked with.

If you're interested, the HUD layout is defined by the script 'f22.hud' in the 'huddle' folder. It can be seen that there is only a single parameter, RPM, that is passed from the game engine.