COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there. I had a similar problem last week, but apparently it doesn't happen to everyone. Try accessing the downloads through a proxy like this one http://eu.smarthide.com/ Don't forget to ch

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, mikew said:

I'm not familiar with vJoy, but TAW only sees the 'first' controller as designated by Windows. I'm sure that people have got TAW to work with ppJoy in order to combine multiple controllers.

Hi mikew,

I have a hotas warthog, alone, it's like you, just the stick are recognized but through the editor TM "target", both are recognized, the stick as the throttle. ūüôā

• 1 month later...

OMG!!! I friggin love this game, I gave up playing it back when it stopped working on newer computers, Ive just bought a super computer rigged for gaming and have been looking into it again again found this page... my prayers answered.. So I only like this for the awac side of it I never liked the plane simulator as I thought it was too easy to just hop in a raptor and take out everything with one salvo.. 

So can I install this and play just doing the awac missions? Or do I need to do the raptor ones too? I really cant remember but I just loved how the pilot would speak to you when you instruct to intercept. No game even comes close plus the little box showing the asset your talking to... Oh how id love to have a modern version...

• 2 months later...

I suppose you could have Android on x86 hardware then use Wine to run TAW, so it's technically possible.

Mobile phones ARM based, so the source code would be needed compile it for that platform...and that wouldn't be trivial.

Didn't Graphsim try to milk F/A-18 Hornet by recompiling it for iOS? With a USB controller and HDMI connection to a monitor, a 2020 phone will blow away a 1997 games PC in terms of performance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 8:26 PM, thechaoswarrior said:

I have downloaded the installation pack and when I try and run it Windows 10 reports an error and the .exe file is deleted from my downloads folder. What am I doing wrong?

Works perfectly at my end, W10 2004 (have just installed TAW). Maybe re-download?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The NVG utility was made using a game cheat engine, so it does things like substitute values in existing registers.  This is a known false positive outlined in the documentation.  It is possible to play TAW without the NVG tool, and if you are uncomfortable with it you can uncheck the "Launch NVG Tool with Menu" checkbox on the Configuration screen of the launcher.  That is the reason the checkbox exists to begin with.

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody - I'm new to the forum, and¬†want to extend a huge thank you to @Home Fries¬†and all others who did those¬†fantastic TAW mods. I used to play TAW 20~ years ago and just recently found the new 2.30 version. I managed to install it on a Win10 laptop, connect my old USB Sidewinder joystick, and play smoothly at 1600x1200 on a big screen. It's been a blast! Although I just lost¬†the¬†Highland campaign again, that's not changed from two decades ago¬†ūüôÉ

I'm enjoying reading everybody's comments here, and old posts from @Wombat1940 are a lot of fun to read. I used to post TAW after action reports on the old SimHQ forums... those seem to be long gone. (I'll buy you a beer if you have a link to an archive of that forum!)

Does anybody on this forum still play TAW? And if so, any interest in reading/writing AARs?

This sim is still engaging after all these years, and I love its quirks. Even the endlessly respawning enemy hardware! The mod has made a great game even better. Super grateful to the people who invested their time in this!         

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Atlantic, and welcome to the forum.

We don't play TAW as much as we used to (we've since shifted to flying DCS), and I've retired from TAW modding after 2.30, but there is still interest on the forum for people to do TAW and EF2000 multiplayer.

For AARs (and other TAW related stuff), I recommend TAW Wiki | Fandom in general and There I Was... - A Collection of After Action Reports | TAW Wiki | Fandom in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I came across a strange issue, If I plug my earphones, the application  starts with volume muted (only with eaaphones), I can of course switch to desktop and unmute but when ingame if I switch to desktop I can't go back ingame.

I tried using external programs to unmute and assigning a shotcut, but unfortunately shortcuts are not working in app.

Maybe there is an issue with the exe, automatically muting volume in earphones everytime it starts?

I m using win8.1

Yes, if you go back a couple of pages in this thread, you'll see a lot of complaints about lack of sound. Unfortunately, we don't know the root cause.

It's like Windows 'sometimes decides' to mute this particular exe in the Windows mixer.

1 hour ago, Luca82 said:

I tried using external programs to unmute and assigning a shotcut, but unfortunately shortcuts are not working in app.

Interesting idea. I think a shortcut should work if you provide the path to the game exe (f22.dat), by adding DID=<path to program folder> to the commend line.

I don't have the TAW info to hand, but for SuperEF2000, I had this:

DID=D:\progra~1\digita~1\SEF2000 quick_flag=1 gui

..not sure what those last parameters are for.

Ok for those interested, this is the app, it is very quick to make a shortcut in order to unmute all apps, I did this and the associated a shortucut key to it CTRL+ALT+1 for example.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sound_volume_view.html

Command is "SoundVolumeView.exe /Unmute AllAppVolume

And I confirm it works if I go back to desktop.

Problem is as said above, it seems in win 8.1 I can launch the shortcut only in desktop, once i am focused on the application (in this case F22) the shortcut is not working, and if I switch back to desktop while in game I can t resume the game, so the problem is not solved.

I read your post but I don't understand your solution to make the shortcut work while in game, could you explain? Or does it exist another way to make the shortcut keys work also while in-game?

Maybe we can sort this problem out

Ah, you're already in-game, so you mean a shortcut to the unmute app? I misunderstood.

It would be better to try and find out why the TAW exe is being muted in the first place and stop it happening somehow.

I hadn't thought of a possible link to earphones. I suppose plugging them causes Windows to mute any existing sound device (like HDMI) and TAW comes from a era were we generally had one sound card.