COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Definitely off topic. :rofl: Going to show it to my girlfriend when she's back from NZ. Wish me luck. ;)

Is this me or you:

You missed a good flight With HFs, Neph & I

HFs modified MP Roulette mission, ask him for the link.

Edited by Hawkx

You missed a good flight With HFs, Neph & I

HFs modified a mission good mission, ask him for the link.

Edit by Wombat: removed duplicate picture

HF, can you oblige?

Next time we fly, I will. I just did some housekeeping for "Roulette" that will go into the next release. I have a few more things to do with it, so if I give it to you now it will be obsolete by the next time we fly.

I downloaded the installer from FileFront couple of time, but it is damaged.... Can you please upload it again.

Thank you so much for your great work.

saamindus,

Sorry to hear of your download troubles. However, there is nothing wrong with the file on Filefront. I just downloaded it and tested it satisfactorily.

You may wish to try with another computer, or a different browser (I know sometimes a partial download gets "picked up" by a browser the second time around, which is generally bad).

Another milestone reached.

4000 downloads

Thanks for all the support!

Amazing! I thought there was just you, me, and him interested. They're so quiet. Maybe they can't get a word in because of HF and myself. :P

Downloaded with Different Web browsers -

1. Google Chrome - 100% Completed, but not possible to extract.

2. Internet Explorer - 99% Completed, but failed.

3. Mozilla firefox - 99% Completed, but failed.

TAWError1.jpg

TAWError.jpg

I'm not sure what to say, but here's an alternative:

You can google "total air war 2.0 torrent" and a number of sites will come up for 2.10a. Here's one example:

http://www.torrentslibrary.com/f22-taw-2-10a-full-t3336203.html

I haven't verified the link (I don't have a torrent client on the machine I'm currently at), but there are a few others you might try.

As long as you have been able to download 2.12, you should have all you need. You can install 2.10 without installing the 2.10a hotfix.

Thanks..... I will try that way.....

What's a Torrent?

Can't we just upload it to him, or is that not allowed?

Or should I just butt out ..... :(

What's a Torrent?

Can't we just upload it to him, or is that not allowed?

Or should I just butt out ..... :(

Ironic you should ask that, as a torrent is a peer to peer download, where a file is seeded by a server until it is downloaded via torrent to many other people, who can then serve as hosts for the file (or parts of the file) when someone new tries to download.

For example, let's say that I seed TAW 2.0 and upload the pointer (the torrent file) to one of the torrent websites out there (btw, I didn't do this in real life. However, I authorized it, so I know that the seed was clean and legit). Wombat decides to download the torrent file which points to my server as the seed. While he is still downloading, Hawkx decides to download it as well, so he finds the seed as well as Wombat's download. He then downloads bits of the file from both Wombat's torrent client as well as my server.

Lather, rinse, repeat, and after a while, seeds can start going offline if there are enough peers out there to carry the load. So in a sense, people are actually uploading the file to him.

Due to its distributed/decentralized distribution method, this is the primary means of downloading pirated software. This has given Torrents something of a bad rap, though peer to peer downloading can be quite useful in legitimate ways. For instance, since the file is downloaded from multiple sources, the error correction routines in torrent software are generally outstanding. Additionally, the nature of torrents permits partial downloads per session, whereas a normal download can often corrupt if it is interrupted. Torrents are great for people with lower bandwidth or problematic connections, or in this case for someone who is having trouble with the "normal" download. Finally, a distributed download system puts less strain on a server that may be strapped with bandwidth restrictions.

Ironic you should ask that, as a torrent is a peer to peer download, where a file is seeded by a server until it is downloaded via torrent to many other people, who can then serve as hosts for the file (or parts of the file) when someone new tries to download.

For example, let's say that I seed TAW 2.0 and upload the pointer (the torrent file) to one of the torrent websites out there (btw, I didn't do this in real life. However, I authorized it, so I know that the seed was clean and legit). Wombat decides to download the torrent file which points to my server as the seed. While he is still downloading, Hawkx decides to download it as well, so he finds the seed as well as Wombat's download. He then downloads bits of the file from both Wombat's torrent client as well as my server.

Lather, rinse, repeat, and after a while, seeds can start going offline if there are enough peers out there to carry the load. So in a sense, people are actually uploading the file to him.

Due to its distributed/decentralized distribution method, this is the primary means of downloading pirated software. This has given Torrents something of a bad rap, though peer to peer downloading can be quite useful in legitimate ways. For instance, since the file is downloaded from multiple sources, the error correction routines in torrent software are generally outstanding. Additionally, the nature of torrents permits partial downloads per session, whereas a normal download can often corrupt if it is interrupted. Torrents are great for people with lower bandwidth or problematic connections, or in this case for someone who is having trouble with the "normal" download. Finally, a distributed download system puts less strain on a server that may be strapped with bandwidth restrictions.

Well, got the bones of this, and that's what I was after. Thanks

Wow.

So in a search to find the release date of F22ADF, one of my favorite games of all time, the first hit lead me here.

All I can say is thank you! I've been wishing for something like this for ages, reading up on all the forums now, just to catch up on this project and it's goals, but I am most excited, and I'm positive my father will be as well.

Thank you so much, and keep it up!

I started AO6 over. I'm enjoying the campaign.

My best choice. Of course I went looking for trouble on the 1st CAP flight.

I might as well fly A06 as any other campaign.

a06-3.gif

bump for TAW 2.15 Patch

Bump for TAW 2.15 Patch

TAW_215_Patch.exe installed. (23.2MB)

Report to follow.

All OK so far.

Will I loose my A06 stat files if I upgrade A06 to;

TAW_20_Operation_Avenging_Scimitar_A06.exe

a06beta.jpg

Edited by Hawkx

All,

For whatever reason, Filefront is having problems with the TAW 2.10 full download (though the patch link still works). In the meantime, just google the following:

total air war 2.0 torrent

You should see torrents to TAW 2.10a (though you no longer need to install the "a" hotfix). As long as you have a torrent client (bittorrent, utorrent), you can download TAW 2.0 this way. Just install the 2.10 installer (again, don't bother with the 2.10a hotfix), then patch to 2.15 and you'll be set.

Hopefully, Filefront will have its link back up shortly.