COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

I had no "Filefront" problem.

I won the war. I thought. :blink:

warone1.jpg

I thought it strange when Sudan lost the war.

----------------------------

You say, "Oops. The "Sudan Teeth Pulled" is the wrong debrief."

You should just run Avenging Scimitar without installing the A06 patch.

That way it shows up as campaign 11 instead of 1.

------------------------

OK,, I will run Avenging Scimitar without installing the A06 patch.

One thing I will miss is Avenging Scimitar is in the list of 12 campaigns.

If I go back it is not on the list & shows it is in "Beta" version. No big deal, Right?

I may try to complete all 12 campaigns.

I may hold off as you tweek the Avenging Scimitar campaign.

I know you want to fix it,, but no rush.

I'm going to start a new campaign.

Edited by Hawkx

Hey,

I'm a noobie here :) . I played TAW about a decade ago, it was my very first game. Anyway, i came along this mod, and it looks really good ... but it seems i can't download it from FileFront, the 404 message is displayed when the file pop-up should appear ... do i have any other download options?

Hey,

I'm a noobie here . I played TAW about a decade ago, it was my very first game. Anyway, i came along this mod, and it looks really good ... but it seems i can't download it from FileFront, the 404 message is displayed when the file pop-up should appear ... do i have any other download options?

The torrent (see a few posts above) is the only option right now, though I will try to set up another option when I get home from work.

Hey,

I'm a noobie here :) . I played TAW about a decade ago, it was my very first game. Anyway, i came along this mod, and it looks really good ... but it seems i can't download it from FileFront, the 404 message is displayed when the file pop-up should appear ... do i have any other download options?

F-22 Total Air War 2.15

Welcome aboard 'RedBag'

Oops! This link appears to be broken. Maybe Home Fries is updating it. Try back later.

You will need "TAW_210_Install.exe" before you run F-22 Total Air War 2.15

Be sure to pickup the 2.15 Patch, you will need that also.

Send Home Fries a PM & ask about the broken link from FileFront

Edited by Hawkx

Since the FileFront link is still down, I figure this is as good a time as any to rebaseline TAW to 2.15. That said, I also found a minor bug in the launcher when smoke checking the build, so I will be releasing version 2.15b shortly as both a patch and a full download.

All future patches will be based on 2.15b.

Edited by Home Fries
changed to 2.15b

The 2.15b full download is up. The 2.15 to 2.15b incremental patch also up for users with bandwidth constraints.

The full install is recommended for everybody who can handle a 235Mb download. Users of the 2.15b patch will need to also wish to install the TAW 2008 texture mod and the additional random loadscreens to be up to speed with the full install.

For people who wish to install the full version of TAW 2.15b on top of their existing install, make sure you back up your pilots and custom loadscreens (just in case). I still recommend a clean install, with you having backed up any pilots and custom missions.

EDIT: Updated to 2.15b to fix some issues with the TAW 2008 texture mod and the installer.

bump for 2.15b

Copy,, bump for 2.15b so far. installed 11:10 AM 7/24/2010

I'm back to Avenging Scimitar(Beta). Maybe I can restore my backup "0" files.

Copy,, bump for 2.15b so far. installed 11:10 AM 7/24/2010

I'm back to Avenging Scimitar(Beta). Maybe I can restore my backup "0" files.

Shouldn't be a problem; Avenging Scimitar hasn't changed at all between 2.15 and 2.15b. In fact, nothing in-game has changed; all changes are in mods, extras, and the launcher.

The full install is recommended for everybody who can handle a 235Mb download. Users of the 2.15b patch will need to also wish to install the TAW 2008 texture mod and the additional random loadscreens to be up to speed with the full install.

About that. You recommend the full version... but, how does it work ? Should I deinstall current one (saving my pilots before) then resinstall with the full one ?

About that. You recommend the full version... but, how does it work ? Should I deinstall current one (saving my pilots before) then resinstall with the full one ?

That's the cleanest way to do it, but there should be no harm in installing 2.15b over the top.

As long as you are using XP or later, you can use the pilot utility (found in the Config menu) to backup your pilots. It will automatically create a zip file in the folder immediately above TAW 2.0, so that when the TAW 2.0 folder is removed you don't lose your pilots as well.

That's the cleanest way to do it, but there should be no harm in installing 2.15b over the top.

As long as you are using XP or later, you can use the pilot utility (found in the Config menu) to backup your pilots. It will automatically create a zip file in the folder immediately above TAW 2.0, so that when the TAW 2.0 folder is removed you don't lose your pilots as well.

Hello Home Fries,

I'm a newbie with TAW 2.15 I recently installed. I've played DID F22 and TAW a decade ago but successive upgrades of my OS to Win2K and Win XP prevent further use of the games.

6 months ago I discovered the wonderful job you did to adapt the game to Win XP, Vista and Win7. Then I installed TAW 2.0 which was running pretty well and last week made the update to TAW 2.15 (complete re installation with prior removing of the old version, including installation of the specific tools (compatibility Toolkit etc.)to Win7 my computer is currently running as mentionned in the TAW2.0 Addendum Manual)

All is working perfect...except sound. I can only hear the midi sound when the option is selected in the TAW main menu.No cockpit or radio sound! I've read on the forum some threads about this problem that appears with TAW 2.0. I've updated my BIOS and all drivers but nothing was successful.

My current configuration is:

Motherboard = Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

BIOS = Award (Phoenix) FI03/11/2010

Processor = Intel Core i7 920@2.8GHz

Chipset = Gigabyte X58 I/O Hub

Memory = 6Go DIMM DDR3

Video card = ATI Radeon HD 7000 Series

Audio: GigaByte HD Audio Controller - Loudspeakers 4-USB sound device - Wave input Device Realtek Digital Input

TAW 2.15 installed on driver C: in the DID folder.

Thank you for help :) .

Squirrel

Hello Home Fries,

I'm a newbie with TAW 2.15 I recently installed. I've played DID F22 and TAW a decade ago but successive upgrades of my OS to Win2K and Win XP prevent further use of the games.

6 months ago I discovered the wonderful job you did to adapt the game to Win XP, Vista and Win7. Then I installed TAW 2.0 which was running pretty well and last week made the update to TAW 2.15 (complete re installation with prior removing of the old version, including installation of the specific tools (compatibility Toolkit etc.)to Win7 my computer is currently running as mentionned in the TAW2.0 Addendum Manual)

All is working perfect...except sound. I can only hear the midi sound when the option is selected in the TAW main menu.No cockpit or radio sound! I've read on the forum some threads about this problem that appears with TAW 2.0. I've updated my BIOS and all drivers but nothing was successful.

My current configuration is:

Motherboard = Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

BIOS = Award (Phoenix) FI03/11/2010

Processor = Intel Core i7 920@2.8GHz

Chipset = Gigabyte X58 I/O Hub

Memory = 6Go DIMM DDR3

Video card = ATI Radeon HD 7000 Series

Audio: GigaByte HD Audio Controller - Loudspeakers 4-USB sound device - Wave input Device Realtek Digital Input

TAW 2.15 installed on driver C: in the DID folder.

Thank you for help :) .

Squirrel

Hello Squirrel and all TAW2.0 fans, I'm also a newbie for this community.

I also faced same kind of problem with you, please try the TrueSpeech codec installer on:

C:\DiD\F-22 Total Air War 2.0\!ADP\utilities\TrueSpeech_Codecs

Hello Squirrel and all TAW2.0 fans, I'm also a newbie for this community.

I also faced same kind of problem with you, please try the TrueSpeech codec installer on:

C:\DiD\F-22 Total Air War 2.0\!ADP\utilities\TrueSpeech_Codecs

truespeach.jpg

truespeach.jpg

Hello Hawkx,

Thank you for your your help. Meanwhile I discovered my USB speakers which work well for Win7 system sounds have some problems with application sounds. I tried other speakers connected to the audio output connectors of the desktop and I recovered the TAW 2.15 sounds except cockpit sound and Betty.

I reinstalled True Speech Codecs and all is now working nice.

Many thanks ans have nice flights! :thumbsup:

Squirrel

Hello Home Fries and thank you for reviving and enhancing this great sim for all the fans! However I'd like to mention one issue. In some situations the graphics enhancements bring FPS to a crawl. Let me explain it better. First training mission (take off) there's no problem with FPS, all is smooth. Second training mission (Landing) whenever I'm looking at the city and airbase in front of me, FPS dips almost to single digits, turning head to the sides - everything is mooth again. Installing nostalgia mod - everything is smooth again. Could you please look in to it? I'm not great fan of playing the nostalgia mod since I would be missing all those great enhacements, however the way it is now the game is unplayable at times :(.

my specs: Intel Q9650 3GHZ, 4 GB RAM, ATI 4890 1GB, WIndows 7 32 bit, Glide (dgVooDoo, same issue with nGlide).

Thank You and greetings from Poland!

Welcome to the forums SF2Ace.

Sounds like you're running in Glide mode using the Direct3D7 dgvoodoo renderer. With your ATI card, you can handle D3D9. Click on "Configure Glide Wrapper" from the Config menu in the Launcher, then select D3D9 as your renderer. Likewise, you'll want to make sure you start with 800x600 as your forced resolution, then work your way up to the resolution you want. Upconverting with dgVoodoo can be tough on a video card.

Additionally, some people have had better success using Zeckensack's glide wrapper with ATI cards. You can find more about setting up Zeckensack in the Manual Addendum.

Finally, nGlide is a new wrapper that has had good results with the HUD slowdown. It still has some minor issues with transparencies, but is a great performer overall.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Home Fries. Unfortunately this slowdown happens with both dx7 and dx9 AND nGlide. It SEEMS that the improved graphics of a city (Maybe bigger city buildings, visible from a longer distance than in vanilla?)are killing the framerate. Could you please try the second training mission - Landing and see if it only happens to me? I really don't wanna go back to vanilla...

What you are seeing is a dropping framerate due to more objects on the screen (you're right about the buildings). This is why I immediately keyed on the DX7, which has a more noticeable frame drop when objects are present.

What resolution are you forcing in the wrapper? Have you tried forcing 800x600 as a baseline? Also, give Zeckensack a try. You'll probably have very good results.

Thanks Home Fries. Unfortunately this slowdown happens with both dx7 and dx9 AND nGlide. It SEEMS that the improved graphics of a city (Maybe bigger city buildings, visible from a longer distance than in vanilla?)are killing the framerate. Could you please try the second training mission - Landing and see if it only happens to me? I really don't wanna go back to vanilla...

Hi , I have the same probleme but the Zeckensack glide have resolve it , Cpu Q9650 , ati 5870. Good luck

Thx for the realese , this game is very fun , is t a real pleasure to replay whit this game!

Ps: sorry for my poor english .