COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

Thanks Home Fries but Zeckensack wrapper isn't working for me. I'm getting f22.dat error when trying to rum it. nGlide and dgVooDoo are ok (apart from this framerate issue). Is there a special way to configure Zeckensack? Am I doing something wrong? P.S slowdown with nGlide an dgVooDoo happens with different resolutions (*00x600, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, you name it).

Thanks Home Fries but Zeckensack wrapper isn't working for me. I'm getting f22.dat error when trying to rum it. nGlide and dgVooDoo are ok (apart from this framerate issue). Is there a special way to configure Zeckensack? Am I doing something wrong? P.S slowdown with nGlide an dgVooDoo happens with different resolutions (*00x600, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, you name it).

You will get that error the first time running w/ Zeckensack. You need to read the section of the Manual Addendum that addresses this and set the appropriate settings to clear the error.

Home Fries, I just can't thank you enough! My fault for not reading the documentation, lol. Zeckensack's wrapper performs the fastests of them all :). The only gripe is that I can't force resolution higher that 800x600, but I deal with the pixelation by forcing AA really high ;). Just out of curiosity, which files would I have to copy from nostalgia mod, to make the cities low detailed like they were in old TAW, but keeping all other enhancements on?

The difference in frames between Nostalgia and 2.0 is not because of the 3D files. It's all due to the enhancements to the HUD, which affects frames in Glide mode.

You should be able to activate a mod that brings back the original 1998 HUD, which will solve your issues.

Hi there

I`m having the same problem as SF2Ace, and when I use the Zeckensack wrapper, the game seems to run a little faster than the normal wrapper. But my problem is that after a few minutes of flying, suddenly it appears a black screen and the computer restarts itself. I`m running at 1280x1024, but the problem is the same for all resolution.

Any ideas what`s happening?

Thanks

P4 3.0Ghz 2.0Gb RAM, ATI x1650 video card, Win XP service pack 3

Nope, it's not the HUD. I've just checked different wrappers with FRAPS, and no mater which Hud version I've been using, the slowdown was the same (apart when using Zeckensack, this one is much faster), and occured when lookingstraight ahead at city & airport during training LANDING mission. Solutions:

Nostalgia Mod - I get constant 50 FPS, but i loose the enhacements;

Zeckensack Wrapper - I keep the enhacements and nice framerate but I can only play in 800x600 resolution (plus AAx8 ;));

dgVooDoo or nGlide plus removing new building LOD that are killing the FPS - I keep most of the enhancements (Texture, HUD, avionics, pallettes), smooth FPS, only cities and airports look slightly worse (1998 style ;)).

I think the last solution is the best so Home Fries if you could chime in with your knowledge on which files need moving, that would be much appreciated!

Regards!

That might be the problem. Try the latest 10 series drivers.

I don't know if it might work, because for my video card type, the latest 10 series includes some aditional features like control center and WDM driver, but it still has the 9.3 display driver.

hello guys, I've just downloaded 2.15b to run it on a Vista system.

when starting the game, from the pilots screen it crashes on an error message: ACMI:error creating default acmi file: acmi\mission.ac

then if I press ok it crashes to desktop.

anyone can help, please? thanks a lot in advance

update: I run as admin and all works ok.... :icon_rock:

• 3 weeks later...

Do I need to start buying Depends? :lol:

Depend® products are available in five styles and two levels of absorbency,

so there’s one for all types of bodies and lifestyles — including yours.

7500dload-1.jpg:thumbsup:

dancinguy-2.gifdancinguy.gif

D/Led TAW_215b_to_215c_Hotfix.exe (FileFront)

All went well so far. :popcornsmilie:

I ran F-22 Total Air War 2.15c

Looks good. Thanks HFs :thumbsup:

Edited by Hawkx

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Sorry about being a noob, but could someone please tell all the steps needed to have the F-22 Total Air War 2.0 up to 2.15c properly installed?

I've downloaded the 3 needed files from the links on top of this page, but they only seem to be patches and after I install them all, there's no launching file for the game and the 2 executable files that are in the installation folder tell that there's something missing..., so maybe I should find the game on which I have to install all these 3 patches...!

If so, that means I have to install F-22 TAW 2.0, but damn, there is no "F-22 TAW 2.0" to be installed from allover the net, except for these 3 patches on this page!

So if there's anyone here who could tell what are the needed steps to install it all properly..., I'd greatfully appreciate his help...!

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

So if there's anyone here who could tell what are the needed steps to install it all properly..., I'd greatfully appreciate his help...!

Thanks!

This thread is for updates to TAW 2.0.

Keep checking this thread for patches and mods.

F-22 Total Air War 2.15c

Edited by Hawkx

Hello everyone,

Sorry about being a noob, but could someone please tell all the steps needed to have the F-22 Total Air War 2.0 up to 2.15c properly installed?

I've downloaded the 3 needed files from the links on top of this page, but they only seem to be patches and after I install them all, there's no launching file for the game and the 2 executable files that are in the installation folder tell that there's something missing..., so maybe I should find the game on which I have to install all these 3 patches...!

If so, that means I have to install F-22 TAW 2.0, but damn, there is no "F-22 TAW 2.0" to be installed from allover the net, except for these 3 patches on this page!

Thanks!

If you don't have an earlier version of TAW 2.0, then you need to download the top two files.

Download the Baseline Version and 2.15c Hotfix Here:

TAW_215b_Install.exe (FileFront)

TAW_215b_to_215c_Hotfix.exe (FileFront)

Install the full installer, then the hotfix. That's all you need, and the installer walks you through it.

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

I found these terms useful and will possibly be used in future updates, editions, versions, patches and hotfixes for TAW 2.0

(i) TAW 2.0 is the name of the Flight Simulation [FS] or the "Game Name".

(ii) 2.15 or 215 refers to the Edition of the the Flight Simulation.

Eg. TAW 2.0 Edition 2.15 This identifies the "Game Name" and the Edition.

the latest Edition is 2.15b

ie. TAW 2.0 Edition 2.15b or TAW2.0 Edition 215b

(iii) 2.15c or 215c refers a patch (Hotfix) for the 2.15b Edition.

Eg. TAW2.0 Edition 2.15b with Hotfix 2.15c This identifies the "Game Name", the edition with the Hotfix.

(iv) There are Versions but these are only access after you have installed the FS and refer to the way you have set up your FS.

By way of example: the .exe (3D3 or Glide) versions.

On this Notebook computer this is my setup:

Game Name: TAW 2.0 Edition: 2.15b with Hotfix 2.15c and Version: 3D3 (800 x 600) with TrackIR

As Home Fries says, if this is your first experience with TAW 2.0 you need to download Edition 2.15b and Hotfix 2.15c

Welcome and hope this helps