COMBATSIM Forum

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

Home Fries

Hi there.

How do i open {F-22 Total Air War 2.15c} file from filefront as windows dont reconize the file type ?

ty camy.

ty camy.

Download the Baseline Version and 2.15c Hotfix.

Rename the file type (TAW_215b_Install.exe )

Rename the file type (TAW_215b_to_215c_Hotfix.exe )

Edited by Hawkx

Hello Everyone! I need some help to install TAW 2.0. I downloaded the file from FileFront and I can't open the file. Windows Vista 64bit asks me what program do I want to open the file. I have tried to determine what type of file it is, but can't find the file description.. ie. zip, rar, com etc.

Please help..can't wait to get this up and running!

Big Fan of TAW!

Cnyper

Thanks in Advance!

my email is cnyper@hotmail.com

I need some help to install TAW 2.0. I downloaded the file from FileFront and I can't open the file. Windows Vista 64bit asks me what program do I want to open the file. I have tried to determine what type of file it is, but can't find the file description.. ie. zip, rar, com etc.

I just posted the answer in the Known Issues thread.

• 1 month later...

On TS now,, 5:12 PM My time. PST. Monterey, CA

10/26/2010

Time Zone Converter

00:35:16 Wednesday October 27, 2010 in GMT

Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in GMT

Edited by Hawkx

On TS now,, 5:12 PM My time. PST. Monterey, CA

10/26/2010

Time Zone Converter

00:35:16 Wednesday October 27, 2010 in GMT

Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in GMT

Hi, everyone.

I was amazed the first time I heard about this project some years ago. I remember purchasing the original game (F-22 ADF) back in early 1998 (man, I'm getting old...) and spending hundreds of hours "flying" it.

The problem with the first try of the "Remake" of F-22 Total Air War was this: when loading a mission (any of them: trainig, campaign, etc) all worked out just fine, until after some minutes of gaming (almost all the time I had finished a mission) it would shut down to desktop with a general error message (don't remember very well about it's contents).

At that time, I was playing TAW 2008 version 1.52 under Win XP Proffessional (32 bits), using a 8800 GTS Fatality. Couldn't solve the trouble and was wery busy at work back then, so, I just put it aside and furthermore forgot about it.

Now, after installing and configuring the latest version in my new System (Phenom II X4 965, 4GB DDRIII 1.600 Mhz and Radeon HD5870 - under Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits and Catalyst 10.9), this is what is making me mad: I think I've installed and configured everything "more-less" right. The game launches, graphics and sounds are OK. But I don't have music (don't even mind about that) and what is worse and turns the game to be unplayable: I simply have no text info on the screen!

I'll explain: the graphic indicators in the HUD, for example, are visible, but I can't see any of the "values" (airspeed, altitute, etc). The same with the MFDs: can't see flight's names, weapon loadouts' names , text returns from radio comms do not appear in the screen, etc. It's quite annoying and, like I said and is supposed to hapen, it turns the game to be unplayable and is quite disappointing.

If anyone could help trying to find out a way to solve this, I would really enjoy it.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the terrible English (I hadn't practiced that much the last ten years or so...).

Best regards from Brazil!

@Su-27,

I'm not sure what to say about the text, especially since you appear to be using the latest Catalyst drivers. I need some more details before I can troubelshoot the issue.

1. Are you using the Direct3D or Glide version? You can check on the Configuration menu in the TAW 2.0 Launcher.
  2. If you are using Glide, are you using the dgVoodoo DX7 or DX9 renderer?

If you are using D3D, try Glide using dgVoodoo (included in TAW 2.0). If Glide, try the other renderer (i.e. if you are using DX7, try DX9), then try D3D. See if you still have the problem. Additionally, many ATI users like Zeckensack's Glide wrapper instead of dgVoodoo, as it uses OpenGL instead of D3D. See the TAW 2.0 Manual Addendum for details on how to configure the wrapper.

As far as the music goes, we recommend not playing with midi music enabled. It will work, but there are some possible issues with Soundblaster drivers and hanging on exit that we disabled the music by default. As long as you can hear the other sounds, there is no reason to reinstall your sound driver.

The good news is that we have embedded Windows Media Player into the TAW 2.0 Launcher so that you can run the track list of your choosing when you run TAW. We have also included the soundtrack from EF2000 as well. That said, if you must have the midi music, be sure to read the appropriate paragraph in the Known Issues Thread before proceeding.

Hi, Folks.

Well, you were right: the problem was graphical configuration.

I'm now able to run the game "almost OK", using 800x600 screen resolution under Direct3D and in widescreen mode. All text (in fact, alphanumerical) information now appears on-screen. Only problem is the "ugly as hell" visual and some graphical issues: some objects appear where they shouldn't on screen (kind of buildings that are far away from your plane when you are in the taxiway, they seem to be "by your side" visualy talking). I know is hard to understand explaining in words (and with my terrible English...). With a screenshot would be better, but I forgot to do that, besides I'm a little busy right now to do the posting.

Plus that, in some missions, the screen flickers from time to time, wich is very irritating and tiring. But at least, I could put the "old damned thing" to work, after your help.

Thanks everybody and good hunting!

Remember to ALWAYS watch your six! :)

Radio out!

Hi, Folks.

I'm now able to run the game "almost OK", using 800x600 screen resolution under Direct3D and in widescreen mode. All text (in fact, alphanumerical) information now appears on-screen. Only problem is the "ugly as hell" visual and some graphical issues: some objects appear where they shouldn't on screen (kind of buildings that are far away from your plane when you are in the taxiway, they seem to be "by your side" visualy talking). I know is hard to understand explaining in words (and with my terrible English...). With a screenshot would be better, but I forgot to do that, besides I'm a little busy right now to do the posting.

Plus that, in some missions, the screen flickers from time to time, wich is very irritating and tiring. But at least, I could put the "old damned thing" to work, after your help.

Radio out!

I think its as "ugly as hell" because of the 800 x 600 res under 3D3. I get that. If available 1024 x 768 should improve it and/or switching to Glide. Now you have it running start tweaking the options to get the best outcome. I think the little building objects we all get (well I do). But because the the rest of the image is great I don't worry about it. Anyway as soon as you are in the air they disappear.

Hi, Folks.

Glad to hear it, Su-27. For curiosity, what was the problem? What graphics mode were you in that caused the text problem, and how did you fix it? This is so I can make a note of this the next time it happens to someone else.

The z-buffer bug you mention is a known issue with TAW. When the graphics engine was released in 1997 (ADF), Voodoo2 was in its infancy, and IIRC the z-buffer could only be used in 800x600 with a SLI configuration (I don't think TAW can utilize Voodoo SLI).

Radio out!

Feel free to join us in multiplayer, where we can keep eyes on each others' six!

I recommend starting from scratch for a clean new install, of F-22 Total Air War 2.16

Del folder C:DiD

Download the Baseline Version and 2.15c Hotfix Here:

http://combatsim.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20202

TAW_215b_Install.exe (FileFront)

TAW_216_Patch.exe (FileFront)

Install (run) in this order:

TAW_215b_Install.exe

234 MB

TAW_216_Patch.exe

27.0 MB

Edited by Hawkx

I recommend starting from scratch for a clean new install, of F-22 Total Air War 2.16

Del folder C:DiD

Download the Baseline Version and 2.15c Hotfix Here:

http://combatsim.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20202

TAW_216_Patch.exe (FileFront)

Install (run) in this order:

TAW_215b_Install.exe

234 MB

TAW_216_Patch.exe

27.0 MB

What happened to 215c? :unsure:

it was rolled into the 2.16 patch.

So can I just install 2.16 patch over 2.16Beta5?

And what about the reference to 215c Hotfix here:

http://combatsim.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20202&view=findpost&p=5087528

ie.

" ........... Download the Baseline Version and 2.15c Hotfix Here:

TAW_216_Patch.exe (FileFront) ........."

necessary or maybe even confusing to new players?

So can I just install 2.16 patch over 2.16Beta5?

yes

And what about the reference to 215c Hotfix here:

http://combatsim.inv...dpost&p=5087528

ie.

" ........... Download the Baseline Version and 2.15c Hotfix Here:

TAW_216_Patch.exe (FileFront) ........."

necessary or maybe even confusing to new players?

good catch. I'll update the text accordingly.