COMBATSIM Forum

Cockpit simulation

whiteagle

Hello people,

Incredible amount of effort put on modding this simulation to new capabilities. My hat off for you guys! :thumbsup:

This is still the best option for F-22 realistic simulation in a combat campaign environment, with very close to real cockpit behaviour, even more than 10 years after its release.

I've stumbled across www.viperpits.org(WOW!)for some months now and I wonder if TAW could support inputs and outputs like Falcon 4 with its shared memory.

At least some sort of application to output the 4 main MFD's and the 2 UFD's to LCD screens in TAW. Falcon 4 has F4 MFD Extractor written by Lightning that does exactly that www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=3376.0.

For cockpit panel simulation, with functional switches, it could be done easily using for example Leobodnar's input/output electronics interfaces www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/.

Falcon 4 also has BetaInnovations, UCC, PHCC, just to name a few.

Full wood construction is acessible and easier to build for all of us. Cockpit panels could be also be homemade easily and backlightable, using acryllic and paint, and aircraft switches from eBay.

Gauges are LCD screen possible for Falcon 4/F-16 cockpits using F4 Gauges by Tango44 www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=3886.0.

Just think about this in your home running Total Air war!:

f22fmthighres300dpi.jpgf22sim12.gif

f22cockpitegressprocedu.jpgf22sim13.gif

If only it could be possible to have a program to export all the 6 or 7 relevant screen informations to independent LCD screens, we could have a possible solution to build a homemade and fully functional cockpit simulator with MFD input and output capabilities along with switches inputs.

MFD input is now easy with the Thrustmaster MFD's www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=168, at least for the 3 SMFD's, so we only need MFD output software and hardware support. This cockpit is even easier to implement than a fully functional Falcon 4/F-16 cockpit because the lack of gauges and many analog dials.

The first guy that came up with this idea for a F-16 cockpit simulation - Martin 'Pegasus' Schmitt www.xflight.de/

Check out F22 Bazooka's thread - www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=1060

Thanks.

Hi, I had asked over at SimHQ sometime back if the MFD Info could be exported so I can make a F22 Pit, it is being looked into... I like those MFD's that they have, but aren't they for the the real f22 not much good to us if they are.. :(

I had just thought of putting in some LCD Monitors too size and go without the buttons as they are not keypresses?? you physically have to press the coresponding button in the Zoomed MFD mode unlike in EF2000 they are keypresses as well.. if you press shift or something in the EF2000 Zoomed MFD you see the keyboard button assigned to that functuion and you can just click it or do a keypress whish TAW Was like that..

I had already emailed to the people who made the F22 HUD I got NOREPLY :( ??? perhaps you can try and email them and see if you get a reply?? I had found that HUD some years ago..

Well, for cockpit simulation companies that work with the government, I think they won't give anything usefull for us because the cockpit still has many classified info, and some of these companies still might be competing each other in the same market, like Link Simulations www.link.com/fa22ptd.html, Clarks Machine www.clarksmachine.com/f221.html, USM inc. www.usminc.com/trainers/cockpits.html and Rockwell Collins making displays www.rockwellcollins.com/products/gov/airborne/fighters/f22/index.html and the HUD rockwellcollins.com/optronics/ProductsAndServices/VisionSystems/HeadUpDisplays/F22SimulatorHUD/page760.html.

The Thrustmaster MFD's (F-16 replicas) aren't the same as the F-22, but for that price you can't beat that, except for the center MFD in the Raptor that is 8x8" in size. They have the same number of buttons so I think they're perfect.

So I think we are basically on our own. The only thing that might be a major setback would be the impossibility to develop software specifically to INPUT DATA on TAW: getting those MFD buttons to work like in MFD zoomed mode, without even getting there. Simulating mouse click over a predetermined coordinates matched to the positions were the MFD buttons are - this is much easier said than done.

The only command that has effects on MFD's using the keyboard are the sensor range increase/decrease (PgUp/PgDn), as I remember.

And OUTPUT DATA on TAW: export these MFD zoomed images to separate lcd screens.

So, if TAW doesn't allow these kinds of mods, for information exchange on new software addons, we have our hands tied. Developers and modders would have to say if this could have any future.

Well what the F22 does maybe classified but the MFD shouldnt be as it is just a hardware piece if you buy it there is nothing that is secret it is just an lcd screen with buttons???

Also if you read the F22 hud it is made for Commercial Simulators so that is NOT classified if it is made for Commercial sims ;)

I just think it is probally not cheap and they are not thinking I am serious enough to buy it. They could at least respond to my emails..

It would be nice if these companys would sell to an individual that is probally why they are not responding as it would not be worth there wild to just sell 1 set for a f22 pit.. they want multiple purchases..

hey feast your eyes on this setup a declassified F22 simulator:

http://www.metavr.com/casestudies/f-22.html

now if we could find out who makes that f22 panels??

Check out the Simusphere in Action:

http://zzz262.multiply.com/video/item/2623

Try registering here, if you already haven't: www.shopcollins.com

Your kidding right ???? It looks like you need to be some official of the US to sign up to that site?? I do NOT think they take individuals like myself to be able to register or did you register and get accepted??

I can see the guys with black choppers coming around now wondering why ?I am looking for F22 parts ;)

Also have a look at this very large thread mostly me ramblin but this is about my current "Virtual Pit" since I fly multiple aircraft and sims this is what I made and a little discussion about exporting the MFD Info..IT basically turned out to be a 45"Screen with a DLP Projector and using ED 3D Glasses so I have a 3D virtual Pit which works rather well:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topi...tml#Post2401707

check out the second post in the thread by MikeW ....