COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zhukov

To fellow lapsed Panzer Elite fans...

Do the following:

1) Get your arses over to gog.com and download/install Panzer Elite Special Edition for a lousy $5.99 (will run on Vista/Win7):

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/panzer_elite_se

2) Download and apply the 1.2 patch:

http://www.panzerelitemods.com/patch12.exe

3) Download and apply the PE3 mod (includes Ostpak, PE-X):

http://ostpak.chollie.co.uk/PanzerEliteThree.exe

4) Download and apply the scenario packs:

http://ostpak.chollie.co.uk/Scenarios2009PE3.exe

http://ostpak.chollie.co.uk/Scenarios2010PE3.exe

5) Fire up PE and prepare to have the tops of your heads blown off.

stst046ge2.jpg

1) Will it run on XP?

2) Can I use my Hotases (Hotasi?)

3) Will this bring back Rommel?

Inquiring minds want to know. :unsure:

I've not heard from Rommel. I sent him an e-mail a few days ago, he usually responds within 24 hours. Hope he's ok.

Oh, dear, I just bought "Panzer Elite Action" This has the Normandy and Western Desert and Russian Campaigns. Can I use the scenario and other patches on it? It's a damn neat game but I haven't gone online yet. The only complaint I have is that it's all third person views, no interior tank views like M1A1. And except for the cheesy P-51s and Stukas flying around at treetop height, the sound and graphics are great. It's kind of a mixture of an Arcade game and a Sim, so it could be better, but my adrenaline is certainly a lot higher playing it! Bloody Tigers!

Whizkid -- Panzer Elite Action is a different (and more recent) beastie than Panzer Elite Special Edition, so you better be careful about what mods you try to apply since they won't be compatible. The ones I posted are for the original, older sim.

Z

Whizkid -- Panzer Elite Action is a different (and more recent) beastie than Panzer Elite Special Edition, so you better be careful about what mods you try to apply since they won't be compatible. The ones I posted are for the original, older sim.

Z

Gotcha, Zukie! You really should take a look at the free demo, though!

http://www.fileplanet.com/159976/150000/fi...ite-Action-Demo

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't PE where it all started with the core forum 'Simians? Wasn't that the reason why you, Zhuk, and Gunny, and Cfranny, and others met? Or was EAW the reason, and then PE came after?

And yes, I'm going to either buy this or find my original copy of the game and join you for some fun.

BTW, our dearly departed Jim "Twitch" Tittle reviewed it back in 2002: Panzer Elite Special Edition :thumbsup:

Let's see -- who were the the Kali PE crew again -- there was me, Von Hess (CFran; by the way, where the hell is he these days?), SDaly, Kbar/Gunny, Schatten, Canuck, VonM, and Buster. CobraJ, and Mane -- you guys were doing the PE thing too weren't ya? I'm not sure if Rommel played PE or just EAW (there was a lot of overlap back then). Who am I missing? Binky? I think he was more EAW. Donnie?

There were a few organized groups back then -- Kelly's Heroes and 4th Armored Division (that I was a part of).

I was always more of a tanker than a flyboy. Preferred nice slow ground hugging. OFP was good for that too.

Good times, good times.

Z

Let's see -- who were the the Kali PE crew again -- there was me, Von Hess (CFran; by the way, where the hell is he these days?), SDaly, Kbar/Gunny, Schatten, Canuck, VonM, and Buster. CobraJ, and Mane -- you guys were doing the PE thing too weren't ya? I'm not sure if Rommel played PE or just EAW (there was a lot of overlap back then). Who am I missing? Binky? I think he was more EAW. Donnie?

There were a few organized groups back then -- Kelly's Heroes and 4th Armored Division (that I was a part of).

I was always more of a tanker than a flyboy. Preferred nice slow ground hugging. OFP was good for that too.

Good times, good times.

Z

EAW for me. I could never get Panzer Elite to run on my PC at the time.

I'm with Donnie.............EAW.

But yea, the "Kali" days...........back when you could run a flight sim over a dial-up internet without having the damn thing either warp on ya (or at least not too much) or kick ya the hell off.

Ah, these kids today, just don't know what they missed, eh, Zhukie?

:rofl:

Wow, wished I hadn't missed this but I been busy. Yeah, I was one of Kelly's Heroes for a bit then Schatten recruited me to the dark side with Cfran's Kraut outfit. What can I say, was always a sucker for the Jagdpanthers and those cool U-boat leather jackets. We pretty much started in PE. Cfran was into EAW and they would fly some nights but I was mostly tanking until Schatten found the EAW Pacific mod and the whole Charles Gunst I believe Enemy Coast Ahead. Then we formed 124 and flew some evenings and tanked others. I really enjoyed PE tho. Hey Zhuk, is that thing stable on-line now?

Wow, wished I hadn't missed this but I been busy. Yeah, I was one of Kelly's Heroes for a bit then Schatten recruited me to the dark side with Cfran's Kraut outfit. What can I say, was always a sucker for the Jagdpanthers and those cool U-boat leather jackets. We pretty much started in PE. Cfran was into EAW and they would fly some nights but I was mostly tanking until Schatten found the EAW Pacific mod and the whole Charles Gunst I believe Enemy Coast Ahead. Then we formed 124 and flew some evenings and tanked others. I really enjoyed PE tho. Hey Zhuk, is that thing stable on-line now?

Heya Kbar -- been a while! I forgot about Hess's Kraut outfit -- what was it called? Kampfgruppe Von Hess? You were in there -- Schatt, Stumpf, SDaly...maybe VonM, if I remember correctly. Didn't know you were KH before that -- that's reassuring LOL. But you're right -- the Kraut rolled better heavy metal than Shermies. I haven't tried MP with the Gog.com PE, but on their forum they say that it works ok. Maybe we should give it a spin at some point. ;)

By the way -- where's Hess at these days?

Z

He hadn't been around in a long time. And yeah it was KG VonHess. Oh, I didn't mind fighting with Shermans and M-10. Hell I usually won anyway. I just liked the Panther series of tanks. Nice, fast rugged fighting machines.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't PE where it all started with the core forum 'Simians? Wasn't that the reason why you, Zhuk, and Gunny, and Cfranny, and others met? Or was EAW the reason, and then PE came after?

And yes, I'm going to either buy this or find my original copy of the game and join you for some fun.

BTW, our dearly departed Jim "Twitch" Tittle reviewed it back in 2002: Panzer Elite Special Edition :thumbsup:

Ah, now I see the difference in the two games. PESE has internal action and views, while PEA has only external views. What a shame they didn't make internal activity, too! It would be a killer of a Tank Sim then. Just have to wait for the next one, I guess.

Hello again fellows,

I have Panzer Elite but it is one of quite a few games that I have never downloaded to this Vista comp.I've read the instruction manual and the WWII historical booklet that came with it,so now that I'm stateside for a couple of weeks I'll check it out.I'm also scheduled to return just before the christmas holidays.

I tried EAW but it doesn't want to run.I have not tried looking around the internet for a solution yet.

B-17 seems to be OK,but if I don't use it for a month or two at a time(which is necessarily all I'm able to do),I find that I must uninstall it and install it again.This is not the only older sim to which I must apply the tactic.

Back to reading and learning from COMBATSIM.Have a good day,all.

EDIT to ask: Zhukov,is your avatar a still from the movie "Point Blank"?

Hello again fellows,

I have Panzer Elite but it is one of quite a few games that I have never downloaded to this Vista comp.I've read the instruction manual and the WWII historical booklet that came with it,so now that I'm stateside for a couple of weeks I'll check it out.I'm also scheduled to return just before the christmas holidays.

I tried EAW but it doesn't want to run.I have not tried looking around the internet for a solution yet.

B-17 seems to be OK,but if I don't use it for a month or two at a time(which is necessarily all I'm able to do),I find that I must uninstall it and install it again.This is not the only older sim to which I must apply the tactic.

Back to reading and learning from COMBATSIM.Have a good day,all.

EDIT to ask: Zhukov,is your avatar a still from the movie "Point Blank"?

Heya $50Jones,

Yep -- 'Point Blank' it is. Good call! I would have been equally impressed if you said 'Prime Cut', but the correct answer is indeed 'Point Blank'. ;)

As for Panzer Elite, I'm running it very nicely on a Vista64 system. Use the gog.com version -- they take the effort to make sure that all games on that site run well on Vista. I was also able to install the 3rd-party mods on top of the gog.com PE-SE with no problems.

Hope this helps!

Z