COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frankilvandalo

HOTAS profile

Hi guys,

I noticed in a previuos topic that someone was looking for a HOTAS Cougar profile and HF offered his ones.

I thought it would be nice for every cougar owner to share its profile here using this topic that can help people that own a HOTAS Cougar but that play TAW 2.0 for the first time.

Is not documented and I didn't map any radio-command on it (it supposes you own VAC, Voice Buddy or Shoot! for sending radio command via voice ... still have to complete my VAC profile by the way :mellow: ).

It works pretty well for me so if you want to give it a try ... there it is HOTAS_profile

I suppose I should document it.

BTW, I do have some radio commands, though I remmed a lot of them out. I put priority on holding down ScrollLock for T2/T3 for Teamspeak comms, and I just prefer using the regular menus.

Making a VAC profile sounds like a great idea, btw!

Hi guys,

I noticed in a previuos topic that someone was looking for a HOTAS Cougar profile and HF offered his ones.

I thought it would be nice for every cougar owner to share its profile here using this topic that can help people that own a HOTAS Cougar but that play TAW 2.0 for the first time.

Is not documented and I didn't map any radio-command on it (it supposes you own VAC, Voice Buddy or Shoot! for sending radio command via voice ... still have to complete my VAC profile by the way :mellow: ).

It works pretty well for me so if you want to give it a try ... there it is HOTAS_profile

Great idea and thanks for yours. 'fraid I'll only be a feeder not a grower at the moment. By the by what does VAC stand for? Probably explains why I'm only a feeder. :blush:

Great idea and thanks for yours. 'fraid I'll only be a feeder not a grower at the moment. By the by what does VAC stand for? Probably explains why I'm only a feeder. :blush:

VAC I believe stands for "Voice Activated Commands", but it is the name of software that interprets commands and converts them into keystroke macros. There's also free software called "Shoot" that is highly recommended and does the same thing.

VAC I believe stands for "Voice Activated Commands", but it is the name of software that interprets commands and converts them into keystroke macros. There's also free software called "Shoot" that is highly recommended and does the same thing.

Yes VAC stands exactly for voice activated command, as the moment it is the best one that i found so far and run with no issue on Vista. It has also a nice and user friendly interface. If you have 18$ I would reccomend it ... (if you are interested here is the dwvac).

Shoot is great as well and it is free but i had some problem to run it on vista (and after few attemps I surrended almost immediatlely ;-().

Sooner or later i will complete my profile and share it (I think I tshould be easy to convert it for Shoot as the xml profile is very similar ....).

Cheers,

Thanks guys. I will follow up now that I have my TrackIR and Couger running. With the Couger, loaded the TAW profile that comes with the drivers (also have Foxy 4 running as well). I developed my own TAW profile for my TM FLCS/TQS. Will "convert" to Couger profile and post new profile to thread when done. It'll be fairly simple (non-multi play) but very user friendly to use.

Sooner or later i will complete my profile and share it (I think I tshould be easy to convert it for Shoot as the xml profile is very similar ....).

I just finished a VAC profile for all TAW comms, and I will upload it for testing as soon as I give it a shakedown.

For the sake of realism, the profile is limited to comms only.

I just finished a VAC profile for all TAW comms, and I will upload it for testing as soon as I give it a shakedown.

And here's the link:

VAC-TAW_Comms_0.5.zip

This is still in beta, so please provide any feedback, including additional alternative phrases for the different commands.

EDIT: One more thing that i forgot to put in the readme:

This VAC profile is designed to work without holding down any key, but is suppressed by default when holding Scroll Lock down. This was done to facilitate its use in conjunction with Teamspeak, where Scroll Lock is the default (and preferred) Push to Talk key. This allows the profile to be used in multiplayer as well as singleplayer.

Please feel free to adjust the profile to your own key configurations.

Here again (sorry for my absence guys),

Concerning Voice Activated Commands I would like submit this stuff too...

http://www.linder-network.de/thelindercompany/html/english/flightassistant.html

In the past I used "game commander" but the success rate of understood commands

was really "trashy" so I abandoned this helpful possibility.

Reading your posts (as usual) I would like to try again, VAC seems a good software,

but I'm looking for something freeware, and considering I like to have more than

a single chance (shoot) I'm going to try the software I wrote above; I will let

you know something about my experinces.

Cheers

Nemo

Hi Guys,

Since this thread is getting more traction than the HOTAS thread I created, I'll just post my information here:

The HOTAS Profile link posted in Frankie's original post has been superseded by a new version, which can be found in the Incremental Updates thread.

My HOTAS profile has been updated for use with VAC (or any voice recognition software), and is now documented with a readme and a graphical layout.

f22taw-tir.jpg

Just look for the same pic in the Incremental Updates thread, and you'll see where you can download the updated Cougar profile.

Hi Guys,

Since this thread is getting more traction than the HOTAS thread I created

Hemmm,

sorry, you right this thread is concerning HOTAS, I've gone off-topic.

BTW I could post my Saitek X45 profile, if needed.

Ciao

Nemo

Hemmm,

sorry, you right this thread is concerning HOTAS, I've gone off-topic.

BTW I could post my Saitek X45 profile, if needed.

Ciao

BakaN

No apologies necessary. I just wanted to make sure that people who read this topic got the latest and greatest Cougar profile.

No apologies necessary. I just wanted to make sure that people who read this topic got the latest and greatest Cougar profile.

Yes, and actually your HOTAS profile IS great !! I went for a very easy one with no-logic programming involved but now I want to merge my profile with yours (i.e.: including some logic and use the AA/AG/NAV switch idea).

In general what I am trying to do is to re-organize all my HOTAS profiles since I also play LOMAC, Falcon AF, Black Shark, IL2, ROF and occasionally SF series. I also desperately waiting for GOG to republish Mig Alley playable on Vista 64 !! but this is just a hope ...

Basically I want them to share a sort of basic design, say Trim, countermeasures, teamspeak and VAC buttons to be the same for everyone.

It might seem a waste of time but I enjoy doing it ;-)

Ciao !

Yes, and actually your HOTAS profile IS great !! I went for a very easy one with no-logic programming involved but now I want to merge my profile with yours (i.e.: including some logic and use the AA/AG/NAV switch idea).

In general what I am trying to do is to re-organize all my HOTAS profiles since I also play LOMAC, Falcon AF, Black Shark, IL2, ROF and occasionally SF series. I also desperately waiting for GOG to republish Mig Alley playable on Vista 64 !! but this is just a hope ...

Basically I want them to share a sort of basic design, say Trim, countermeasures, teamspeak and VAC buttons to be the same for everyone.

It might seem a waste of time but I enjoy doing it ;-)

Ciao !

Having a setup that is consistent across profiles is a key to remaining sane while enjoying multiple flight sims! I totally agree, which is why I usually create my own profiles anyway.

I actually based the TAW profile to a large degree on the functionality of the real F-16, though with plenty of necessary deviations on the theme. I'm a huge fan of Jagstang's F4 profiles, which I reverse-engineered to learn how to do logical programming.