COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ramjet

Has anyone ever had this problem?

I have a Radeon HD4670 video card and when I use the Glide wrapper in any resolution except 800X600 I get this:

Untitled.jpg

I've downloaded the latest drivers for the video card. Home Fries seems to think that it has something to do with the graphics settings. Has anyone had any experience like this?

One more thing, RJ:

Could you please post your dgVoodoo settings so we can eliminate other possible issues?

Thx.

This is what I had when I took the screenshot.

Desktop video mode is 1152X864 (but I have tried other resolutions to match what I set in Glide).

D3D textures - Optimal is selected.

Refresh rate - Always wait for at least one vertical syc - checked

Texturing Options - Force trilinear mip mapping - checked

LFB Access:

Enable LFB access

Use hardware cache buffers when poss. - checked

Use fastwrite for unmatching formats - checked

Closer to a rea hardware- checked

Colorkeying method - Automatic

Texture mem size - 16384

Resolution - 1360X1024

Gamma correction - 100%

Monitor freq - Default

Micellanneous:

Force triple buffering - checked

Use hardware vetex buffers - checked

Enable Glide-gammaramp - checked

Essentially the only thing I changed from when TAW was installed is the resolution because I really don't know what most of the other stuff is. I have tried many different resolutions in Glide that corresponded to my changes in desktop resolution. As I said before I got the blue shadow even when I had the desktop at 1600X1200 and Glide in 1600X1200. The only time I don't get the blue is when I set Gide to 800X600.

If you need more information let me know.

I think you could try disabling 'Force Trilinear mipmapping' or try playing around with the 'Colorkeying Method'

Hope this helps a bit

This is what I had when I took the screenshot.

Desktop video mode is 1152X864 (but I have tried other resolutions to match what I set in Glide).

D3D textures - Optimal is selected.

Refresh rate - Always wait for at least one vertical syc - checked

Texturing Options - Force trilinear mip mapping - checked

LFB Access:

Enable LFB access

Use hardware cache buffers when poss. - checked

Use fastwrite for unmatching formats - checked

Closer to a rea hardware- checked

Colorkeying method - Automatic

Texture mem size - 16384

Resolution - 1360X1024

Gamma correction - 100%

Monitor freq - Default

Micellanneous:

Force triple buffering - checked

Use hardware vetex buffers - checked

Enable Glide-gammaramp - checked

Essentially the only thing I changed from when TAW was installed is the resolution because I really don't know what most of the other stuff is. I have tried many different resolutions in Glide that corresponded to my changes in desktop resolution. As I said before I got the blue shadow even when I had the desktop at 1600X1200 and Glide in 1600X1200. The only time I don't get the blue is when I set Gide to 800X600.

If you need more information let me know.

I think you could try disabling 'Force Trilinear mipmapping' or try playing around with the 'Colorkeying Method'

Hope this helps a bit

OK, I tried that but it didn't make any difference.

dgVoodoo also buggered up my fonts, although in a different way.

In my case I had to change the 'Renderer API' in the 'Global' tab from Direct3D7, which it had defaulted to, to Direct3D9.

By some chance do you have AA enabled on your Catalyst driver?

Hi Mike, it's been a while, how have you been? I can't seem to get this new version to work right for me. My old computer wasn't able to run the higher resolutions and my X45 didn't work right on it. Now My new computer has the capability, but it's an unknown to me so far. I built my previous one so I knew everything about it, not so with this one. I'm still learning.

I assume that you want to know what I have set up in the 3D section of the Catalyst Control Center so here it is.

Standard Tab:

Standard Settings - Use custom settings is checked.

AA Tab:

Smoothvision HD:Anti-Aliasing - Use application settings is checked.

AAA Tab:

Adaptive Anti-Aliasing is unchecked

AF Tab:

Smoothvision HD:anisotropic filtering is unchecked

A.I. Tab:

Catalyst A.I. - Diable Catalyst A.I. is unchecked

MipMap Tab:

Mipmap Detail Level - Slider is on High Quality

That's it. If that's not what you wanted let me know.

dgVoodoo also buggered up my fonts, although in a different way.

In my case I had to change the 'Renderer API' in the 'Global' tab from Direct3D7, which it had defaulted to, to Direct3D9.

First off, my apologies KoiMaxx. I wasn't paying attention to who sent the message.

Mikew, you were right. I went into the global settings and Direct3D7 was selected. I changed it to Direct3D9 and the blue outline is gone. Thanks, I really appreciate everyone's help. Now I can get started setting up my X45 so I can start getting the feel of TAW again.

Now I can get started setting up my X45 so I can start getting the feel of TAW again.

Hi ramjet,

my x45 configuration is ready for you (if you need it).

Byez

Nemo

No prob! Just glad you got it working :thumbsup:

First off, my apologies KoiMaxx. I wasn't paying attention to who sent the message.

Mikew, you were right. I went into the global settings and Direct3D7 was selected. I changed it to Direct3D9 and the blue outline is gone. Thanks, I really appreciate everyone's help. Now I can get started setting up my X45 so I can start getting the feel of TAW again.

Hi ramjet,

my x45 configuration is ready for you (if you need it).

Byez

Nemo

Hey Nemo, That sounds good to me. I'd be interested in getting it from you.

Hey Nemo, That sounds good to me. I'd be interested in getting it from you.

Hola Ramjet,

here we go, you can find the simplified version here

In this version I've assigned vectoring to the pinkie shift (pinkie not available)

With new driver and software I'm working to a configuration with 2 or 3 pinkie shift state (want bypass keyboard at all)

Mode 1 = Takeoff/Landing/Navigation

Mode 2 = Air to Ground

Mode 3 = Air to Air

Now I'm busy due my work and my family but I hope to complete the new version in 4 weeks.

Byez

Nemo

I'm glad you guys got this sorted out; I'll add the DX7/ATI font issue to the Known Issues thread.

Sorry, Ramjet. Based on our PMs, I was under the impression you were using DX9 as your renderer, so I didn't ask about that specifically. Then I was down for the count for a few days with a virus I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Also, FWIW, I default dgVoodoo to a "Max Compatibility" setting (which includes the DX7 renderer and forced 800x600) so people with older video cards get better performance and/or don't have DX9 incompatibilty issues. If you have a newer card, you should definitely set the renderer to DX9, as it runs more smoothly with newer cards (especially when there are a lot of objects to be rendered).

I'm glad you guys got this sorted out; I'll add the DX7/ATI font issue to the Known Issues thread.

Sorry, Ramjet. Based on our PMs, I was under the impression you were using DX9 as your renderer, so I didn't ask about that specifically. Then I was down for the count for a few days with a virus I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Also, FWIW, I default dgVoodoo to a "Max Compatibility" setting (which includes the DX7 renderer and forced 800x600) so people with older video cards get better performance and/or don't have DX9 incompatibilty issues. If you have a newer card, you should definitely set the renderer to DX9, as it runs more smoothly with newer cards (especially when there are a lot of objects to be rendered).

Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well,some of those viruses can really take you down. I'm also happy that the guys were able to help me get that resolved.

I ordered a monitor, the Dell sp2309w. That's the one with the 2048 x 1152 resolution, height adjustment and the glossy screen. I was going back and forth between that one and the Samsung t240HD which was 1600X1200. The Samsung is basically a TV/Monitor that had a lot of connection options, and can pick up HD TV. The price difference between the two was $40 and a couple days ago the Dell dropped another $10 so I bought it. I hope that I made a good selection.

I just have one question for you. I'm probably showing my age, but what is FWIW?

Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well,some of those viruses can really take you down. I'm also happy that the guys were able to help me get that resolved.

I ordered a monitor, the Dell sp2309w. That's the one with the 2048 x 1152 resolution, height adjustment and the glossy screen. I was going back and forth between that one and the Samsung t240HD which was 1600X1200. The Samsung is basically a TV/Monitor that had a lot of connection options, and can pick up HD TV. The price difference between the two was $40 and a couple days ago the Dell dropped another $10 so I bought it. I hope that I made a good selection.

I just have one question for you. I'm probably showing my age, but what is FWIW?

FWIW = For What It's Worth.

Sounds like you got a good pick with the dell. They do have some great deals as long as you can jump on them in time (the great deals tend to be very short lived).