COMBATSIM Forum

I've being trying out the missile evasion techniques and I can't seem to get them to work for me. About the only way that I can evade missiles is to turn off engines and dive for the ground for IR and dive for the ground with radar missiles. I play on the hard setting and I was curious as to whether or not the missile evasion tactics were for a particular player difficulty.

hi, Are you referring to missile evasion Post in the Wiki?? If so that is for Easy difficulty..Playing on hard, well it is Hard to dodge missiles on that level..

Yes I was. I tried that for hours and get nailed every time. Ok, then I do at least feel a little less incompetent then. That's interesting that the post is for the Easy setting. Is that also the case for the many ACMI's that have been posted for missile evasion? I was starting to get very frustrated while practicing that technique and starting to think that I really sucked after watching the pilots in the ACMI's effortlessly evading missiles. I can say from several years of playing TAW at the Hard level that if you don't get the edge immediately when you hear "missile lock" you are going to be toast.

hi, Are you referring to missile evasion Post in the Wiki?? If so that is for Easy difficulty..Playing on hard, well it is Hard to dodge missiles on that level..

Funny, because that's real world tactics. Oh well; that explains why I keep getting waxed in multiplayer (though I can avoid in single player on medium) :angry: .

Funny, because that's real world tactics. Oh well; that explains why I keep getting waxed in multiplayer (though I can avoid in single player on medium) :angry: .

That's why I thought that I would try it out. First in some training missions and then in a campaign. Every time I tried it I was hit. So, I thought that maybe I needed a little practice in some custom combats. Same result. I will say that the tactic does help to break a radar lock and it does set you up well for diving toward the ground, but if you continue with the tactic and get a missile locked on then you are going to be hit. At least that has been my experience. If someone has a good strategy for evading missiles on the hard setting that would be great.