Narsilion Council

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very cool, Neph.

Also, give a warm welcome to Nokurheddov (pronounce this phonetically), a Dwarf Champion from The Lonely Mountain. In real life, he is a fellow former Naval Flight Officer and my best man.

signature.png

One more thing, Neph.

When you hit 85, let me know. According to my nephew, the 3-man Rohan instances are great ways to get serious equipment. We'll have to do one sometime. I'll tank, you DPS and off-tank, and he can crowd control with his LM.

One more thing, Neph.

When you hit 85, let me know. According to my nephew, the 3-man Rohan instances are great ways to get serious equipment. We'll have to do one sometime. I'll tank, you DPS and off-tank, and he can crowd control with his LM.

OK HomeFries spent that last 2 hours leveling. I am NOW Officially @ 85lvl champion.. Yahoo!!

Hey HF's I was wondering if you are anybody you know would be able to tell me what a good rotation for my Champ would be??

I looked in LOTRO forums but found no such guide I am going to go Double check now..

Not sure what you mean by "rotation," Neph. Best I can say for now is split your Hytbold quests between 2 cities per day (3 in 1, 2 in the other) and get your reputation up where it needs to be for the enhancements you need to get the armor you want. The Hytbold Assistant is your friend here; you can use that by selecting the armor you want, and it will tell you the enhancements required. Then look up the enhancements themselves in the main screen, and it should tell you what you need (i.e. what enhancements are prerequisites, and what level of reputation is required to build it).

BTW, I'll have the entire Hytbold Armor of the Fist tomorrow. :icon_rock::icon_rock:

Well with Rotation I mean the Skills I can cast like "Blade Wall" and such. I put them in the Hotkey config the numbered keys..

Well I am still unsure where the quests are for Hybolt?? I'll check the assistant out..

I will get some Oak in a bit how many do you need??

• 1 month later...

Hey HomeFries I am running into a small wierd FPS Issue.. I was wondering what kind of FPS you are getting in LOTRO??

I seemed to be capped at 38FPS with 3D OFF I would have thought it would be higer with the new 660gtx??

Is there anybody out there?

/pink floyd off

Yes me. :sofa1:

That PF song used to be the introduction on my phone answering service.

You'll find me working feverishly at the F22 ADF/TAW Forum on upgrading 4 player MP missions to 6 player. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, everybody, I finally pulled it off. This was accomplished last Friday, but I didn't have an opportunity to post until now.

3GHG4mO5dg-JMdP_bpZOKIJ_pzAAFUA0S0CD6UaD

That's right: Hytbold has been rebuilt and I've completed the solo endgame for LotRO (at least until Update 11 comes out). Now I just need to continue to do the dailies to get my alts the Hytbold armor (which you can do once the town is rebuilt, and all armor is bound to account).

Speaking of high level, we have 2 level 85s (myself and The_Nephilim), my hunter is at 78, and we have some active new blood in the Council that range from the high teens to about 30. It's time we high level folks do what we can to give Nokurheddov (dwarf champ) and Chipen (elf hunter) and their alts a warm welcome. If you see them online, please introduce yourself.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well I thought I had about 8 days to go so it came as a surprise that I completed it that day..Now I guess I can work on armor for Alts but I will need to level some alts first.. I have a level 7-9 Lore-master and an Guardian I believe..

Hey HomeFries we should get together and do some Old instances.. I tried Carn Dum but ended up not knowing what to do and unable to find the gate key.. I pretty much solo'd it by myself, if you brought your kickass warden we should not have any problem there..

I also need to do the instance to get the wyrmfires..

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Carn_D%C3%BBm

The Carn Dum I can nearly solo this until I get to the last part. the Arch Nemesis Mordirith he has 145,000 Morale and is VERY HARD to Kill.. You are going to need to bring is it your Warden level 85 here with me and possibly a Healer level 85.. it is a 6 man instance.

I did it this morning but the guys I was with left before we finished. the one guy said it was over but there was more to it.. You went down a hallway out o a terrace and before the terrace door you open the door on the left. Down the hallway are Doors on either side that open up and mobs come out you need to go through all to get to Mordiriths chamber which is locked..

IT takes some time to go through this but hopefully I can finally Finish this instance..

• 1 year later...

Any old-school CoN members still active? East Gondor awaits!

BTW, the new Imbued weapon (what legendary should have been in the first place) is very well executed. They set it up so you can keep your weapon rather than replacing it every few levels, they allow you to level it up with options to unlock tiers, and they have it set up where the maximum tier can be adjusted (like a level cap) so the growth of the weapon won't uber too much.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

3 more in the Council have entered Moria!

Congrats are in order for Flaegrynt, Gillbrant, and MadGonzo, the latest Seekers of Deep PlacesTM.

Edit: I dare the players of these characters (myself included) to use these alts in lieu of their lvl 100 primaries for the After Party.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Some pics of the new deluxe party pad in Belfalas:

Heading up the pathway to the two front yards on either side.  Rohirrim banners adorn the way because...my character is Rohirrim.  You can also see the stairs heading up to the backyard (to the right of the Lorien statue).

y4mLZFrCPAYDUT6wtpZB4G--szMeM0fkOgFoUOeQ

A closer view of the backyard, with the Eorl replica and the Pellenor memorial pyre (great at night).

y4m6mlVumKQv8MOMezWfneu9BRPBSGk54jA1XaC9

A view from the top of the steps toward the Bay of Belfalas

y4mJDW9dYAWmGd33oK7BS-kkHoGLGvxbLRu257co

A look at the inside.  This is the second story, with an identical room on the other side of the stairs and a symmetrical layout below (with one exception)

y4mesGajiI1mLtjQezlxMirAXjfy6k8SUJprOIHf

And the exception to symmetry: the back door opens up to an enclosed courtyard with two rooms on either side.  This is perfect for the party!  The Moria keg is here, just out of the frame.  Also note the pup, Faroth.  You can pick him up as a companion in the Wastes.

y4mWYpN46EI-cH1yxls0m16ul2tRVtXigIhTQInZ

Let's get the band back together and throw a party!