COMBATSIM Forum
Pigwiggen

Status and ramp start

Firstly I notice that my 'Status' is not set. Do I need to do anything about that, and if so, how do I set about it?

Secondly, Ramp start. Following the steps in the Falcon manual, I find that all goes well until I get to starting the engine. Having set the JFS on panel B to 'Start 2' nothing appears to happen. The RPM needle on panel D doesn't move at all, even though the JFS eventually switches itself off.

Any helpful suggestions, chaps?

I don't understand what I might have been doing incorrectly, but I have now overcome the Ramp Start problem. That just leaves the 'Status' thing.

Hey pig, Welcome aboard. Say hi in the Ready Room and you'll get a bunch more replies, not many folks hang out in the F4 forum.

As for the ramp start, if you missed any of the steps leading up to JFS start 2, like master fuel on or air source normal, then the engine won't start. It's easy to accidentally skip a step. Make sure you use a checklist and that won't happen.

As to status, its a personal thing. You can set it if you want but it's not necessary. I think the board software just has it there so people on the facebook feel more comfortable. :)

.......Say hi in the Ready Room and you'll get a bunch more replies, not many folks hang out in the F4 forum.

Oh dear :( . I'm a TAW2.0 fanatic, but always have a soft spot for all forms of Falcon (I've got most). Maybe there's a bigger following over at that "other" forum?

Hey pig, Welcome aboard. Say hi in the Ready Room and you'll get a bunch more replies, not many folks hang out in the F4 forum.

As for the ramp start, if you missed any of the steps leading up to JFS start 2, like master fuel on or air source normal, then the engine won't start. It's easy to accidentally skip a step. Make sure you use a checklist and that won't happen.

As to status, its a personal thing. You can set it if you want but it's not necessary. I think the board software just has it there so people on the facebook feel more comfortable. :)