COMBATSIM Forum

Old friends...

...are never forgotten.

I do hope you are all well.

While I may not have posted on here in a long time, I still think of the old days. Ten years I think. Nine since that epic trip to Boston & Maine. That will never be forgotten.

I'm sorry I've not been on here or been in touch personally, but since losing my Dad, my marriage and eventually losing contact with all but one of my kids, it's hardened me to the point of almost not caring any more.

Almost, because I'll not forget all my old friends.

Memories of European Air War, Hidden & Dangerous & Operation Flashpoint are stuck in my head. What unforgettable laughs we all had. To top it all, the Combatsim Forums. The hub of all things good. The first real forum I ever came across in '99 when I first got Tinterweb.

Nowadays I'm on a laptop that's seen better days which burns my legs with overheating!

Whatever happens, I'll never forget.

Take care everyone.

Binky!

As your friend and personal unappointed physician, I DEMAND that you spend more time here with us. It'll do you (and above all, us) good, my friend.

Speaking for myself, nothing keeps me more level-headed, grounded, and able to face the chaos of Real Life™ than this group right here. If I could bottle the tonic of these forums, I would, but I can't, so you'll just have to come here each day for a dose. It'll keep you sane :)

You are one of the originals of Csim and we've always kept your place set at the table ... so be sure to drop in any time for a meal of jokes, good-natured ribbing, scantily-clad babes, and downright silly behaviour.

Looking forward to seeing you more in 2011. :)

Rodger Bilko, by all that's holy, sort of! You're LEGEND, man! Maybe just what you need to climb out of that hole you've dropped into, is a session with DR DOUG, and the hugs and greets from all your old friends. The least you can do is a "Yo!" every week. With this bunch there's no way you can feel gloomy! Except when Dark Helmet or Itchie show up. Then all bets are off. New Years resolution, sign on at least one day a week to CSIM and forget your troubles! No charge THIS time! and here's a start.

http://www.wimp.com/animalvoiceovers/

Rob ... my old friend and flight partner! You are so missed by myself and those still here while you were here tripping over dustbins and carrying a stick! Damn! So good to hear from you! What Doug said. You must hang around with us again! I miss your camaraderie, your wit and wisdom, your little smile ... the way the sun hits your tattoos just so ... ahem ... where was I ... (hard swallow) ... GET YOUR ARSE BACK HERE OK???? :D

Bilko, damn it! You're in trouble.

Ever since you disappeared into the void, I've had to use Donster and a few others as scapegoats in my forum tales. Archie even had to play an orc in several tales.

The Giselle series has seen little action since Squadron Leader Bilko failed to return from a mission into occupied Europe.

Come around more often, my friend, and I guarantee you'll see some action. Possibly as an orc or demon out of hell or even a bumbling private detective. Well, you know, there have been a lot of promotions . . . . .

Jim :rolleyes:

Binky! my gosh man I miss my old chum.. I lost my mother after christmas and It is so great to hear from you mate. I am feeling pretty low and man what a pick me up! Private mail me how I can get in touch with you, I could use a virtual hug from my long lost son!

Vhot? Vhot-- did zhumvhon zhay mein name... vhot year iz it??? Himmel-- zhat vhoz kweit a nap-- zhey muzt schtoppen putting mein vheelchair in zhiz zhunny patch on zhe porch-- keep on dropping offen....... hmmmmmmm............ awfully kwiet around here... zzzzzzzz ;)

Herr Rommel! Mein Gott! Vhe kan getz zhe Korp putz back togetherz again! France iz ripen for zhe pikink! Zee if you kan getz Schultz avay from zhat Brothel in Tripoli und vee are in how do zhe Ami'z zay "In zhe Busiznezz" Ja?

Zhiz iz not zhum cheap AMI Krappen--- zhiz iz zhuperior Tjerman tecknology--- each key karriez zhe komplete zhervize hiztory uf zhe panzer und all zhervize alertz sinze zhe previous zhervize in ein schmall mikrochippen--- like " Item 234 DTG 23/07/43/12H00- Vhindscreen vhiperz refuzed to move after zhevere schnowschturm"" Item 235 DTG 23/07/43/12H07= Slight paint damage rechtz upper turret due to Ruzki AT kanno schell fired at Schultzie trying to klear zhe vhinskreen by pizzing on zhe vhiperz" " Item 236 DTG 23/07/43/12H09- Damage to right fender frum drivink into foxhole to ezkape Ruzki AT fire vhile vhinskreenwiperz now totally frozen to vhinskreen makez forward sight impossible""Item 237 DTG 23/07/43 12H12 - General "schtraightenink uf linez" initiated zhinze rear vhinskreen vhiperz allowing backvhardz driving uf panzer"" Item 238 DTG 23/07/43 13H05- Severe damage to rear zhuzpenzion due to General Paulus hitting tank mit panzerfauzt on rear vheelz to schtop a general rout uf Tjerman forzez miztakenly taking the rapiply reverzing panzer az ekzkuze to initiate a general retreat" und zuweiter....

If you juzt hotvhire--- you loze all zhiz uzefull informazion fur zhe technizianz, und zhen zhey juzt replaze oil, fuel, expended ammounuzion unt filterz like mit zhe Amerikan unt Ruzki panzerz...

Vhot? Vhot-- did zhumvhon zhay mein name... vhot year iz it??? Himmel-- zhat vhoz kweit a nap-- zhey muzt schtoppen putting mein vheelchair in zhiz zhunny patch on zhe porch-- keep on dropping offen....... hmmmmmmm............ awfully kwiet around here... zzzzzzzz ;)

What the !? That's not Rommel. No way. Must be an imposter.

Shultzie?? He'z schtill alive?? Mein Gott--- Zhiz is WUNDERBAHR!!!

We can big scheiss machen if he iz schtill around to get zhe panzer schtarted or be zhe rear gunner mit zhe Stuka!

Ich vhonder vhere ich left zhe keys fur zhe Panzer??.....

Hmmm? Hang on a second. Maybe it is? Nah! Probably somebody with a user name that's close to his, but not really his. Hang on ... that's odd ... the name is correct, and the post count is correct. Could it be?

Zhiz iz not zhum cheap AMI Krappen--- zhiz iz zhuperior Tjerman tecknology--- each key karriez zhe komplete zhervize hiztory uf zhe panzer und all zhervize alertz sinze zhe previous zhervize in ein schmall mikrochippen--- like " Item 234 DTG 23/07/43/12H00- Vhindscreen vhiperz refuzed to move after zhevere schnowschturm"" Item 235 DTG 23/07/43/12H07= Slight paint damage rechtz upper turret due to Ruzki AT kanno schell fired at Schultzie trying to klear zhe vhinskreen by pizzing on zhe vhiperz" " Item 236 DTG 23/07/43/12H09- Damage to right fender frum drivink into foxhole to ezkape Ruzki AT fire vhile vhinskreenwiperz now totally frozen to vhinskreen makez forward sight impossible""Item 237 DTG 23/07/43 12H12 - General "schtraightenink uf linez" initiated zhinze rear vhinskreen vhiperz allowing backvhardz driving uf panzer"" Item 238 DTG 23/07/43 13H05- Severe damage to rear zhuzpenzion due to General Paulus hitting tank mit panzerfauzt on rear vheelz to schtop a general rout uf Tjerman forzez miztakenly taking the rapiply reverzing panzer az ekzkuze to initiate a general retreat" und zuweiter....

If you juzt hotvhire--- you loze all zhiz uzefull informazion fur zhe technizianz, und zhen zhey juzt replaze oil, fuel, expended ammounuzion unt filterz like mit zhe Amerikan unt Ruzki panzerz...

Oh yeah, that's DEFINITELY Rommel! :D

Hey Romsey! Great to see you in the swamp again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What in the heck have you been up to? Time travelling, perhaps? :)

It's like a Frank Capra movie in here, it is <wipes a tear and sniffles> :)