COMBATSIM Forum

Hawx Dam Strike Mission

Hawkx

This is a test of your free laze training.

Use TAWBC to install this mission in the 3rd slot of MP H2H.

TAWBCdamstrike.jpg

You can find the "Hawk's Dam Strike.TBC" missiom here; HF just gave me the new link;

http://www.box.net/shared/rpbgpb7xqm/1/61533423/631508347

Edited by Hawkx

Eagle_Flight & I gave this mission a good test.

A few errors, but only in the text.

Test your mav free laze-ing with this dam busting mission.

mav-shot-on-dam.gif

damgone.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is a multi-role practice mission.

Close to friendly air base for re-load just over the boarder.

Not intended for mission complete.

I used the TAWBC Wizard 1st then yanked it around for fun.

1, Free laze practice.

2, Missile avoidance practice.

3, A2A + A2G practice.

4, Search & destroy.

Edited by Hawkx

Why the 3rd slot? :huh:

That's were I installed mine.

You can put your's up your 3rd slot if it feels good. :thumbsup:

Your option.

To MP fly it, we must all have it in the same slot.

It's fun flying with ya? :popcornsmilie:

That's were I installed mine.

You can put your's up your 3rd slot if it feels good. :thumbsup:

Your option.

To MP fly it, we must all have it in the same slot.

Copy that. Lets try it next Wednesday?

Copy that. Lets try it next Wednesday?

Lets try it now & next Wednesday :thumbsup:

I'm on TS3 now 1:10 PM 3/4 :popcornsmilie:

This is a multi-role practice mission.

Close to friendly air base for re-load just over the boarder.

TAWBCdamstrike.jpg

Not intended for mission complete.

I used the TAWBC Wizard 1st then yanked it around for fun.

1, Free laze practice.

2, Missile avoidance practice.

3, A2A + A2G practice.

4, Search & destroy.

Edited by Hawkx

mission-3.jpg

When I play my mission & take out the dam,,, I do get a target icon.

Dam target shows as a hit on something.

damstrike.jpg

Can anyone ID the icon?

Is the mission not there, or do you not see the title in TAW 2.0? There's a big difference here.

If you go to slot 3, it may say "TAWBC Co-op Mission 3" in the title (and the title of the brief), but check to see if the material in the brief matches the mission (e.g. t/o land Dikhill, time 1157, pinpoint strike).

If the problem is the latter, then you simply need to run TAWBC via the TAW 2.0 Launcher in order to get the integration features it offers (i.e.properly tweaking the menu datafiles). If the mission isn't there, try again. You can also reset your mission datafiles from the configuration screen of the launcher.

In either case, make sure the TAW program itself is not running while making your TAWBC tweaks.

Is the mission not there, or do you not see the title in TAW 2.0? There's a big difference here.

If you go to slot 3, it may say "TAWBC Co-op Mission 3" in the title (and the title of the brief), but check to see if the material in the brief matches the mission (e.g. t/o land Dikhill, time 1157, pinpoint strike).

If the problem is the latter, then you simply need to run TAWBC via the TAW 2.0 Launcher in order to get the integration features it offers (i.e.properly tweaking the menu datafiles). If the mission isn't there, try again. You can also reset your mission datafiles from the configuration screen of the launcher.

In either case, make sure the TAW program itself is not running while making your TAWBC tweaks.

Thanks. I think I've cover most of the above except maybe the last one. :blush:

Thanks. I think I've cover most of the above except maybe the last one. :blush:

No, I think its because of my double installation af TAW2.o: the prime ome and the beta testing one. The TAWBC commander .exe must only point to the prime installation.

Ye .... just checked, will load mission to the chosen slot but can only be selected to play in the prime installation not the beta testing installation, Bit of a bummer really. :( .

If you go to slot 3, it may say "TAWBC Co-op Mission 3" in the title (and the title of the brief), but check to see if the material in the brief matches the mission (e.g. t/o land Dikhil, time 1157, pinpoint strike).

Eagle_Flight tweeked it. Find v2b on "Box.Net"

It's almost good to go.

Your version still shows: 'Your CallSign: Wolf 11' when actually it should be WOLF 0..

I ran a short test: With both versions 2b and 3, I ask the tower for take off time, I hear:

Wolf0 LEAD say my take off

May I suggest we use the version 2b? It also fixes the objectives, and the callsign in the briefing text..

And yes, the wingmen will take out the dam - but the way they use AGM65's causes them to fly in a collision course into the dam right afterwards! :rofl:

So I guess it's better to take it out yourself, and tell them to disengage once IP is called.

Can we confirm we will use 2b?

OK,, v2b it is. You did more to the mission than I noticed,, just scanning the TBC text.

I had my wingman run in on the IP several times They just wandered around.

I had to go back & take the dam myself.

Then the IP waypoint changed to a tank ?? :blink:

A J3 was checking out Dikhil airbase. No prob,, he was downed by our base deffences :popcornsmilie:

Funny,,, my objectives still showed 4 dam targets.

I noticed your TBC text removed all but one ?

My v3 screen shot.

mod-v3.gif

Eagle_Flight tweeked it. Find v2b on "Box.Net"

It's almost good to go.

OK,, v2b it is. You did more to the mission than I noticed,, just scanning the TBC text.

I had my wingman run in on the IP several times They just wandered around.

I had to go back & take the dam myself.

Then the IP waypoint changed to a tank ?? :blink:

A J3 was checking out Dikhil airbase. No prob,, he was downed by our base deffences :popcornsmilie:

Funny,,, my objectives still showed 4 dam targets.

I noticed your TBC text removed all but one ?

Okay I don't know why, but the mission didn't load properly for you. Make sure In TAW:BC to drag it from the MISSIONS folder directly to the SLOT nr3. If you first load it into current work, and then into SLOT nr3 it will corrupt the objectives and show 4 dams.

That should clear up that problem. If not, use the 'Restore' function in TAW:BC Mission Manager to get the default mission back in slot 3. THEN try to drag in v2b in slot 3.

This should clean up any leftover mixups.

With the version 2b, everything is working fine for me.

Furthermore, my wingmen manage to get the target just fine, the first one to turn in on the DAM gets the shot. Make sure yours still have some mavericks left over, and arn't already winchester.

dambust.png

see the shrapnel from the busted dam after wingman nr2 destroyed it:

dambust2.png

And last but not least your waypoint shouldn't change to a tank! If anyone else can reproduce this - it would be wierd.

There are however quite a few ground defenses around the dam which I added, but the waypoint will remain at the dam.

Please try to reinstall the version 2b like described.

If there are any third persons willing to give this a short test, please comment on whether or not you.. (a)succeeded in installing the mission, (b ) you get the IP and the strike waypoint over the DAM, (optional: (c ) if your wingmen manage to take out the dam by themselves) and if (d) you get a missions complete when landing.

For me like I said it worked fine.

Proof:

link to acmi file:

http://www.box.net/shared/r0apzom3xk

Make sure In TAW:BC to drag it from the MISSIONS folder directly to the SLOT nr3. If you first load it into current work, and then into SLOT nr3 it will corrupt the objectives and show 4 dams.

That should clear up that problem. If not, use the 'Restore' function in TAW:BC Mission Manager to get the default mission back in slot 3. THEN try to drag in v2b in slot 3.

This should clean up any leftover mixups.

With the version 2b, everything is working fine for me.

Furthermore, my wingmen manage to get the target just fine, the first one to turn in on the DAM gets the shot. Make sure yours still have some mavericks left over, and arn't already winchester.

see the shrapnel from the busted dam after wingman nr2 destroyed it:

dambust2.png

And last but not least your waypoint shouldn't change to a tank! If anyone else can reproduce this - it would be wierd.

There are however quite a few ground defenses around the dam which I added, but the waypoint will remain at the dam.

Please try to reinstall the version 2b like described.

For me like I said it worked fine.

Proof:

link to acmi file:

http://www.box.net/shared/r0apzom3xk

'Eagle_Flight' Thanks for your help.

That fixed it for me.

v2bnap.jpg

v2bsuccessdebrief.jpg

If there are any third persons willing to give this a short test, please comment on whether or not you..

(a) succeeded in installing the mission,

(b ) you get the IP and the strike waypoint over the DAM.

(c ) if your wingmen manage to take out the dam by themselves) and if,,

(d) you get a missions complete when landing.

Edited by Hawkx