A few questions (mostly problems)...

innominato

1) I have the blue glow problem, well not really me but my game lol! In the known issues section it's said to "select Direct3D9 as your renderer API on the first dgVoodoo tab". Inside the menu? I didn't get it :P I don't have any D3D9 selection in there, wht can I do to fix this problem? I have an ATI Radeon 5450. Inside the menu, I selected Direct3D 800x600, TrackIR enabled fullscreen.

2) When I enable the Night Vision at night my MFDs get completely screwed up. I mean, all works fine until I enable NV, then MFDs freeze at random, so for example I cna't see missiles coming in the def MFD. In short, they ver often stop working and images are not updated anymore. This problem still persist even if I disable NV. The "only" solution I found is to push numpad "delete" (the map) and then return in game. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

3) The "skip it" bug. It still occurs in my game, despite the fact that should have been fixed in the last patch. It is not bugging me at all but I noticed that the AWACS say it not only to me, but to any other flights. I heard AWACS repeat the same "engaging message" and then the "skip it messagwe" over and over during a mission, and it was not for me. I could simply ignore it, but is it the same for "CPU commanded" flights? Do they really skip AWACS engaging messages or they still engage enemies?

4) Just a curiosity, is the CPU able to win a campaign without the player "help", or the player, say, holds the balance of power? For what I've seen so far, it seems it's the second one. Am I wrong?

1) I have the blue glow problem, well not really me but my game lol! In the known issues section it's said to "select Direct3D9 as your renderer API on the first dgVoodoo tab". Inside the menu? I didn't get it :P I don't have any D3D9 selection in there, wht can I do to fix this problem? I have an ATI Radeon 5450. Inside the menu, I selected Direct3D 800x600, TrackIR enabled fullscreen.

2) When I enable the Night Vision at night my MFDs get completely screwed up. I mean, all works fine until I enable NV, then MFDs freeze at random, so for example I cna't see missiles coming in the def MFD. In short, they ver often stop working and images are not updated anymore. This problem still persist even if I disable NV. The "only" solution I found is to push numpad "delete" (the map) and then return in game. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

3) The "skip it" bug. It still occurs in my game, despite the fact that should have been fixed in the last patch. It is not bugging me at all but I noticed that the AWACS say it not only to me, but to any other flights. I heard AWACS repeat the same "engaging message" and then the "skip it messagwe" over and over during a mission, and it was not for me. I could simply ignore it, but is it the same for "CPU commanded" flights? Do they really skip AWACS engaging messages or they still engage enemies?

4) Just a curiosity, is the CPU able to win a campaign without the player "help", or the player, say, holds the balance of power? For what I've seen so far, it seems it's the second one. Am I wrong?

Just to say hi. Others will help, but the main gooroo (Home Fries) is away. But stay tuned. ...... Your running 2.16a I assume? ........ Yes, if my MFD's freeze I hit the Del key (takes you to an In-game briefing screen and then back into the cockpit) fixes it for me. But there might be a better way. ........Check the Launcher, there is an "Eagle's Flight NVG-Fix" that might help.

Might pay to give your full computer package details ..... bit like in my signature.

The blue glow is a known issue with some ATI cards, and the solution is the same. What you need to do is select Glide as your renderer using dgvoodoo. At that point you can go into the dgvoodoo configurator and select direct3d 9.

Not sure about the skip it bug; the exes used are based on the last TAW patch released by DID. The only edits made to the exes were for resolution, aspect, and tracker.

For the cAmpaign, allowing the ai to prosecute the war is a sure way to lose. The ai is not very good without the human element to guide them.

Thank you for the explanation, I should have checked the menu better... Ok blue glow problem solved, I followed yor instruction but another issue showed up: frame rate drastically dropped! I fiddled a little with the dgVoodoo setup menu, but no matter what I change fps remain low. Damn. Any ideas? Pc specs Intel Core i3 530, 4 GB DDR ram, Ati Radeon 5450 512 MB, Win7, latest video card drivers, DirectX 11 (but I've also DX 9c installed).

I probably should try Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper, what's the procedure to set it?

About the skip it bug, not sure? Did anyone notice that or I am the only one? I use v2.16a. Its strange if the bug has been fixed but it still occurs to me.

As for the AI, yeah as I thought, we are not even close to the set stragegy target so far, I assume I will have to reach upper ranks to smooth things over :P

Thank you for the explanation, I should have checked the menu better... Ok blue glow problem solved, I followed yor instruction but another issue showed up: frame rate drastically dropped! I fiddled a little with the dgVoodoo setup menu, but no matter what I change fps remain low. Damn. Any ideas? Pc specs Intel Core i3 530, 4 GB DDR ram, Ati Radeon 5450 512 MB, Win7, latest video card drivers, DirectX 11 (but I've also DX 9c installed).

I probably should try Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper, what's the procedure to set it?

Just install it through the Launcher like any of the other .exe's. I use Zeck's WP. Its my preference. By the way .... have a good read through the TAW2.0 Manual Addendum to TAW (By Home Fries). Its full of good stuff and might answer some of your queries.

About the skip it bug, not sure? Did anyone notice that or I am the only one? I use v2.16a. Its strange if the bug has been fixed but it still occurs to me.

I've never know it any different. However I'm now flying TAW2.0 totally Multiplay. Its the only way to go. I hear the AWAC giving instructions to other packages and then to skip it, but I'm to busy trying to do my bit as a number 2 to Hawkx and Eagle. ;)

As for the AI, yeah as I thought, we are not even close to the set stragegy target so far, I assume I will have to reach upper ranks to smooth things over :P

If you fly multiplay the AI are just a nuisance. You can't beat the real thing.

Read this:

Even Battie is some use as cattle fodder. :rolleyes: Come and join use and see how the real virtual world flies. :thumbsup:

Zeck is a good way to go for ATI cards since it uses OpenGL (which ATI does better than nVidia). However, Zeck will only go to a higher resolution if it is a direct multiple of the res you use, so in this case you would need to upconvert to 1600x1200 in order to go high res with Zeck. Since most monitors now are 1080p, this is harder to do.

If dgVoodoo is too slow, you may want to try out nGlide. This is the newest wrapper out there and as of .94 it looks about as good as dgVoodoo but with much better frames. It also allows for upconverted resolutions that are not direct multiples.