Saturday Night Fever Fix

Stans

It's Saturday night, time to hit the disco.

Time for some classic disco music. Get out your leisure suite, crank up the volume and boogie down!

I see Whizkid found his suite, looking nice! :thumbsup:

Saturday%20Night%20Fever%20-%20John%20Travolta.jpg

And Donnie found his... Uhhh... Donnie? Where do I start? :blink:

70s-leisure-suit-green-chequered.jpg

On to the music... if you can get past Donnie's suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4HIJFP9xN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Mhcbw-kiE

I hope you enjoyed this walk, or dance, or run from the polyester leisure suit, down memory lane.

Maybe next time I won't post crappy disco music. :)

Good times. Polyester suits were king. I had long hair and sideburns. Wearin' my steppin' out shoes, heading to downtown Iowa City to Grandaddy's Disco and Bar. Hot college babes to boogie with. Had the lights in the dance floor, the big silver hanging ball above the floor, shag carpeted walls, strobe lights.

Donnie was a dancin' machine babe magnet! ;)

Laugh all you want, you R & R aficianados, but back in THE DAY Saturday nites meant FUN! The only drugs really available, if you were into them, was pot, which nobody really worried about, and the chance to boogie down was a given, unlike the hard partying of todays scene. You can laugh at the clothes if you like, but they were a hell of a lot classier than the crap kids wear now, and it behoove you to turn up at the local Disco looking really sharp if you wanted to score, which was the reason for the whole deal, right? Todays jaded, over-pampered, tattooed, hardware loaded, twenty year old could learn a lot about enjoying a classy scene from that era! And "Saturday Nite Fever" is still one of my favorite movies, so there!

God, I really am old, aren't I?

Laugh all you want, you R & R aficianados, but back in THE DAY Saturday nites meant FUN! The only drugs really available, if you were into them, was pot, which nobody really worried about, and the chance to boogie down was a given, unlike the hard partying of todays scene. You can laugh at the clothes if you like, but they were a hell of a lot classier than the crap kids wear now, and it behoove you to turn up at the local Disco looking really sharp if you wanted to score, which was the reason for the whole deal, right? Todays jaded, over-pampered, tattooed, hardware loaded, twenty year old could learn a lot about enjoying a classy scene from that era! And "Saturday Nite Fever" is still one of my favorite movies, so there!

God, I really am old, aren't I?

Yes. :lol: