Monday

Stans

Morning. After reaching 73F yesterday, we had a strong thunderstorm with hail last night around 6:30. Much colder today. Windy, with wind speeds gusting to 30MPH, cloudy and a high of 46F.

After looking at the Decorah Eagle trying to stay on its nest, and protect its two eaglets, you can take that weather and stuff it, Donnie! Makes me feel cold just to look at the video!

Nice here today, though.

After looking at the Decorah Eagle trying to stay on its nest, and protect its two eaglets, you can take that weather and stuff it, Donnie! Makes me feel cold just to look at the video!

Nice here today, though.

Those eagles are tough. You see Momma doing her 'work' yesterday? There apparently was a little “incident” on Sunday when one of the eaglets was accidentally pushed outside of the bowl of the nest (the middle where the eggs sit).

Here’s video of Momma nudging the baby back in to get warm.

She rolls it kinda like the eggs get rolled while incubating.

"Get your little butt back over here Junior!" :lol:

Be interesting when all three are hatched. Mom and Pop are going to be stuffing food down their gullets 24/7 as they get bigger! I know we're talking about baby Eagles on a Combat Forum, which sounds a bit....you know....but I find this live video of Nature in the raw really fascinating. And I sure wouldn't want to be getting close to those damned vicious beaks!