Morning Earthbound Morons!

Dark Helmet

Still stuck on that crappy planet eh? You'd get off that blue polluted ball faster if you'd turn to the Dark Side™, and not be so "touchy feely", "save the planet" and "love thy neighbor" crap. Plus you all are paying ludicrous prices for gasoline! Morons!

I thought I smelled something in here this morning. <_<

Morning. Rain. Cold. Thunderstorms this afternoon possible. 42F with a high of 52F. Keeping thingmies crossed that my cable internet gets fixed for real today. Or Donnie may go Postal on somebody's arse! <_<

Cable guys finally called and showed up about 3:30. Were supposed to be at the house by noon. I had Lottie call the support dept. at 1:30 since they hadn't called, and since I only had my cell, I didn't want to tie that up calling myself in case the tech tried to call. She must of really raised hell. Got another week of free service for the phone and internet. Plus another $20 off the bill. When the tech did call me, he was told that it was a problem with my TV reception. Nooooo...I have satellite TV. Told him it was my internet. "Oh. Well OK, will be right over then." Two guys showed up in two different trucks. They said they found a filter on the line in the box outside was bad, because they had no signal when they checked on there way over. I told them yes, I had no internet for the time they were enroute until just a few minutes before they got here. So they replaced this filter with a new design they just got in today one of them said, showed me the difference between the two. I told them that looks like the filter the guy before you replaced last week that he showed me. They said they have had trouble with the old design. I told them this modem was built in 2004. I found the info in the original box, because I still had it from when they installed it when we switched to internet phone service with them. This is the third time you have had to come out. I want a new modem. So they said ok, and installed a new one. So far so good.

Cable guys finally called and showed up about 3:30. Were supposed to be at the house by noon. I had Lottie call the support dept. at 1:30 since they hadn't called, and since I only had my cell, I didn't want to tie that up calling myself in case the tech tried to call. She must of really raised hell. Got another week of free service for the phone and internet. Plus another $20 off the bill. When the tech did call me, he was told that it was a problem with my TV reception. Nooooo...I have satellite TV. Told him it was my internet. "Oh. Well OK, will be right over then." Two guys showed up in two different trucks. They said they found a filter on the line in the box outside was bad, because they had no signal when they checked on there way over. I told them yes, I had no internet for the time they were enroute until just a few minutes before they got here. So they replaced this filter with a new design they just got in today one of them said, showed me the difference between the two. I told them that looks like the filter the guy before you replaced last week that he showed me. They said they have had trouble with the old design. I told them this modem was built in 2004. I found the info in the original box, because I still had it from when they installed it when we switched to internet phone service with them. This is the third time you have had to come out. I want a new modem. So they said ok, and installed a new one. So far so good.

Good onya, Donnie :thumbsup:

As I type this, I'm on hold with my ISP trying to get them to give me a credit.

OH ....... MY ....... GAWD!

They just gave me 2 months free.

Mind you, I had to escalate my request because the first person (a first-line customer service rep in the Philippines) wanted to give me 2-weeks free.

N'uh uh! Told him I'd cancel if I couldn't speak to a supervisor in Montreal. He put me through to a rep in Calgary (my home town) and after I relayed my tale of woe, she said, no problem ... happy to give you 2 months free.

Wow!

Honestly, that's the first time in forever I've been treated with such, well, decency, by a big faceless monolithic corporation---Telus (for those keeping track).

:dancinguy:

It pays to get snarky, don't it? I had a similar experience a few weeks ago with Comcast, who I hate, but in this case I had to go to the local CC store to exchange some bum equipment. Not only do they not have the local store in the phone book, but when you call the 800 number, they won't tell you where it is when you have to return stuff! Anyway, the guy behind the counter was very pleasant, and apologized profusely about the gear, which meant he had only been there a few weeks, I guess, but told me he'd just returned from Iraq from active duty in the Army. Well, I figured he deserved an atta-boy for his service, and I told him so, along with a big handshake and various comments, all meant sincerely. Anyway, the upshot was that he felt I needed to be compensated for all my trouble with the gear (a modem), so he voluntarily gave me a full year of CC internet service for $20 a month, instead of $50! So sometimes it just pays to be nice, instead of grouchy, and also to pick the right person in the place to talk to! He'd been in Iraq for two years, so I guess he was really happy to be home!

The thing to remember about internet, phone and TV is that cable co's usually have an exclusive contract for the city/county. If this is the case, then you can usually find someone in the local government who is a watchdog for consumer complaints. I did that to Comcast a few years ago, and ended up with six months of free service and every bit of wire from the pole to every outlet in the house.

Take no prisoners in the communications world, and eat the wounded :thumbsup:

Boats