Thursday Greetings

Donster

Morning. 36F with a high of 46F with a chance of rain again today.

Prayers to all those who lost their lives from at least 137 devastating tornadoes yesterday in Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Maryland and Florida. 159 killed, 128 in Alabama alone. :(

Not snowing here, today ... but if it were, I wouldn't be complaining about it. Not today. Not in light of the devastation caused by the severe weather in the USA.

My thoughts go out to my American cousins affected by the tornadoes, flooding, and severe weather. Truly tragic :(

On a personal note, I was in Huntsville, Alabama on business back in 1990, less than a year after the 1989 tornado ripped the place apart. The devastation I saw back then---the destroyed homes, the giant power line pylons snapped like twigs, the forested areas simply flattened, and the piles of debris---literally made me queasy to look at. It didn't take much to imagine how terrifying it would've been to have been there when it happened ... it was like someone had nuked the place.

250 dead, 162 in Alabama alone. So far. I sure hope the numbers stop growing. Unbelievable considering this day and age when warning systems are so much more advanced than they used to be. These are numbers like from back before the 1970's.