TAW in 3D??

mikew

yes the old school nVidia 6,7 series card WinXP and EDImensionals 3D GLasses and either a CRT Monitor or SElect DLP Projectors..You will also need the Old Drivers 94.24 Driver and Stereo, will work or you can go withthe 162.50's series drivers with a Registry edit..

Thanks. I thought you had something like that running, but couldn't remember the details.

Recently, I've established that TAW does not use any depth buffering features of the graphics card, so any stereoscopic effect needs to be derived from vertex positions.

Sorry for the intrusion, but how exactly do you imagine stereoscopic effect in a flight sim? Other than the cockpit (which isn't really a proper model in TAW) or the external close-up view (F7), everything should look exactly the same for either eye. Stereoscopic vision only applies at close range.

Well yes, but the question was about whether it can work or not rather than whether you would want it. :)

...and the question came up when I was playing with a glide wrapper that can create anaglyph 3D, but I saw no effect in TAW, even for close objects.

Well I always thought TAW looked Rather Good in S3D. it soes NOT have to be Close up to see in 3D. You see the 3D when you look out in the disance really looks good when you come up on a town or Airfield..

..With the Anaglyph did you have a convergence setting also Seperation?? You would need to adjust those to bring out the depth..