I can't win, at all... Not if the opponent is MS Windows

CMDR Sweeper

Well I thought a fresh install of Win 7 was going to solve the issues I had in TAW MP with "No games found" but oh boy how mistaken I was.

It still spits that error in my face and as an added twist everytime I exit from 3D mode I get a App Crash related to User32.dll

Now onto what I have done, I have forwarded the ports in my router, both TCP and UDP and they have been checked, double checked, tripple checked and quadruple checked.

I also have tried a fresh reinstall of Windows 7, same issue persists there, but the twist that makes me lean on borked network stack is that the issue is gone and works the way it is supposed to minus severe graphical issues and the lack of a joystick since Windows 7 refuses to let go of it (VMWare doesn't know how to slap Win 7's fingers :D)

The question I got is, do any of you have any tips in regard how I kick the network stack (Which I assume is the problem) into an order that makes it work?

I tried Eagle's internet connection repair, sadly though... No go on that end.

Hi sweeper.

Did you test to see if the ports you Forwarded Are In Fact OPEN?? If not goto Portforward.com, download and Run Port Checker and test the ports especially the port 47624..

Also Are you on DSL or cable?? IF DSL what is the make and model of your Modem??

Hi sweeper.

Did you test to see if the ports you Forwarded Are In Fact OPEN?? If not goto Portforward.com, download and Run Port Checker and test the ports especially the port 47624..

Also Are you on DSL or cable?? IF DSL what is the make and model of your Modem??

Sweeper this might help:

and Bomber's experiences:

Hi sweeper.

Alrighty, forgot the most basic stuff in this equation... I checked the ports and both TCP and UDP are Open, not pingable but that is disabled.

Regardless I am not on DSL, I got a fibre connection so under the term I guess Cable is the most covering term.

As for my router it is a Linksys WRT54GL with Tomato Firmware that works nicely for other things I route through it in the same way like FTP and VNC servers.

The_Nephilim, on 23 May 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hi sweeper.

Alrighty, forgot the most basic stuff in this equation... I checked the ports and both TCP and UDP are Open, not pingable but that is disabled.

Regardless I am not on DSL, I got a fibre connection so under the term I guess Cable is the most covering term.

As for my router it is a Linksys WRT54GL with Tomato Firmware that works nicely for other things I route through it in the same way like FTP and VNC servers.

I have to say you have to be admired for your persistency in attempting to choice. :thumbsup: If anybody deserves to join you do. :icon_salute3: Some of your persistency is in part due to me and I have no regrets about that.

I believe if anybody can help you its Neph, but not at the pre-Friendly MP Flight Mission times. Its a too detailed problem for that. Beside we are there to fly and attempt to take-off no later than 15 mins after the prescribed hour. Sorry that sound callas, but its not meant to be, as we invite all interested fliers, particularly enthusiastic people and regular posters like you, to join us.

I hope Neph won't mind, but he's often working quietly away on whatever, and has TS3 on in the background. I suggest you drop in at various times to see if he's there and raise your problems with him. Only problem is he's having a computer problem of his own at the moment so could be easily distracted. However give it go.

(By-the-by we had 7 there today on and off and great fun for those who were on.)

My IP is tied to my network adapter which is 192.168.2.144 and no matter how much I reset or reinstall on the computer I am always assigned that IP since it is tied to the MAC of my network adapter in the router.

Ports are permanently forwarded to the same IP however.

As for persistency... There are a few factors playing in here, this is getting on my nerves and when something does, I tend to attack it.

As for persistency... There are a few factors playing in here, this is getting on my nerves and when something does, I tend to attack it.

From what height do you drop it? Second storey building? :lol:

OK if Port checker report your port as Open that part is Good to go. Lets look at another possible problem..

Do you have any Software Firewalls or Internet security Programs??

OK We will need to find out the Linksys Start & End IP of the DHCP. to find this log into the router and goto Status in there look for DHCP what is the Start & End IP of the DHCP. I beleive by default it is .100 - .150..

I got Windows 7 Ultimate X64 with the option to use XP Pro 32Bit as well.

As for the motherboard I got an EVGA X58 3X SLi Classified (E759) which has 2x Realtek Network chips.

Sweeper. Why don't you put your specification into your signature, like Neph and I have done and then its there for all to see at all the time. Just a thought. Neph's at TS3 now for the next hour. Why not drop by. He's expecting you.

I got Windows 7 Ultimate X64 with the option to use XP Pro 32Bit as well.

As for the motherboard I got an EVGA X58 3X SLi Classified (E759) which has 2x Realtek Network chips.

Hey by the way Wombat and I are on TS3 right now if you want come on and join usx and we can work out your Problem..

Darn! Now TeamSpeak refuses to connect :P Makes me wonder why.

EDIT: I did see a thing pop up about "Too many clones" and after that it has just been saying "Failed to connect".

At least its a problem that's affecting both of us. :( Looks like TS3 is down ....

OK I think we went over your Firewall and it Was in Fact OFF Correct??

It could be that the tomato Firmware is bugged or something.. It just does NOT make sence that the ports come back as open and yet you can NOT join??

It could also be that your Reserved IP is NOT working correctly. Also you stated you have 2 Network cards in use?? Ity may be that the 1 is doing the work while you are forwarded to the other IP some wierd way?? Didnt you say you had the 1 Network card disabled??

Also did you say you Removed the Router and tied directly into the Modem?? IF not that would be the next logical step to eliminate the Router as being the culprit..

Nice to see you still plugging away Neph. :thumbsup: Lets hope we get him there.

Yes But we are running out of things to test. But If he Can Plug Directly into the Modem and Play TAW Online we can say it is his Router. If he can NOT join with being Hooked directly into the Modem I would Highly Syuspect his ISP..

You have Verizon FiOS Sweeper??

Yes But we are running out of things to test. But If he Can Plug Directly into the Modem and Play TAW Online we can say it is his Router. If he can NOT join with being Hooked directly into the Modem I would Highly Syuspect his ISP..

You have Verizon FiOS Sweeper??

Sweeper?

Well, my virtual computer connects just fine to TAW servers anywhere, but then I am limited to keyboard and glitchy graphics...

But I am close to saying ###### it and go with that for this sunday actually...

I am situated outside the US Neph so I guess the answer to that Verizon is a no, my ISP called Altibox or translated "Everything in one box." does not hire any services from subcontractors, they instead hire out to other actors like power companies that resell their services locally.

OK IF your Virtual PC Connects is that still behing your Current network??If so then when you try and join a server on your Main PC something on that PC is blocking you, Firewall or something similar..I know you said the firewall is disabled but for a test reenable it and make remake the exceptions for TAW and try to join a server again..

Also have you had any Internet security Programs or Anti Virus with a worm blocker in the past on that PC??

Well, my virtual computer connects just fine to TAW servers anywhere, but then I am limited to keyboard and glitchy graphics...

But I am close to saying ###### it and go with that for this sunday actually...

I am situated outside the US Neph so I guess the answer to that Verizon is a no, my ISP called Altibox or translated "Everything in one box." does not hire any services from subcontractors, they instead hire out to other actors like power companies that resell their services locally.

Hey I know you said you are running Windows 7, but have you considered using VMWare to install a clean and barebones Windows XP image within the emulated environment and putting TAW onto XP just to make sure it is not something with the Operating System, your firewall or antivirus or any other configuration in the software of the system itself?