Another new player on his way

CPS_Bomber

Gents! :thumbsup:

Hopefully will have a new face around here soon, will likely be going by the name of Sargy or something similar.

He's a good mate of mine, known him for aount 4 years, we work at the same place. Done a fair bit of IL-2 online campaign flying with him, and LockOn (only trying formation aerobatics, not combat though!) so he's not a total novice as far as sims go, but jet combat is likely a new thing for him. I know he's not flown TAW or F-22ADF before.

Will do what I can to help him get set up, so expect to see him popping over to these forums in the not too distant future :)

Cheers!

Rob

CPS_Bomber

Gents! :thumbsup:

Hopefully will have a new face around here soon, will likely be going by the name of Sargy or something similar.

He's a good mate of mine, known him for aount 4 years, we work at the same place. Done a fair bit of IL-2 online campaign flying with him, and LockOn (only trying formation aerobatics, not combat though!) so he's not a total novice as far as sims go, but jet combat is likely a new thing for him. I know he's not flown TAW or F-22ADF before.

Will do what I can to help him get set up, so expect to see him popping over to these forums in the not too distant future :)

Cheers!

Rob

CPS_Bomber

Pleas pass on your mate our best wishes. He would be most welcome anytime. Besides its all free. Better warn him about Brig. Gen. Battie though. :( The Brigadier is busy at the moment check why his rank wasn't improved when he topped 1800 posts ........ bloody pen pushers. ;)

Pleas pass on your mate our best wishes. He would be most welcome anytime. Besides its all free. Better warn him about Brig. Gen. Battie though. :( The Brigadier is busy at the moment check why his rank wasn't improved when he topped 1800 posts ........ bloody pen pushers. ;)

I've cleared 2000 posts and I don't have my steak knives. I wouldn't put much effort into it ;)

Hi Chaps, nice to meet you, hope to see you all soon =)

Hi Sargy, have you gotten up and running with TAW 2.16a yet? Hope to see you this sun/mon!!

Welcome! Someone said you where a friend of Bomber? :( We might have to over look that. Joking, joking!!!!! But watch out for the Brigadier ...... he's a pain. ;) In all seriousness great to have you along. Really hoping join us. If you are new to TAW2.0 just follow Bombers post here and it should lead you though all the Download,Installation, SP and MP steps. The "guide" is a bit rough but we are working on it with the help of Eagle, Bomber and more recently User. Anyway just make sure your mate Bomber behaves. He's got a birthday coming up I think. Its the big ........ :unsure: .................... six zero I think. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take care.

Sargy! :icon_salute3:

Good to see you dropping in here :thumbsup:

All you need to do is get hold of a headset & mic asap so we can get you online with TS3 first, then make sure you can go online with TAW2.

I can confirm that Sargy is up and running with v2.16a (hotfix) with HOTAS. He got the manual printed off this afternoon and the key card and will be working on his joystick profile over the next few days as his free time allows.

We've been chatting about TAW2 a fair bit today while at work, and he seems to be getting pretty fired up about joining in :thumbsup:

He only lives 5 minutes car drive away from me, so he may be coming over to my place tomorrow evening with his laptop so I can help him with some final tweaking of settings, plus get the computer setup for going online with TAW (will try both a LAN and a wireless connection).

If that goes well, I've offered up some coop time so I plan to help him get started with learning EMCON, the MFD's, HUD and basic flight/weapons/shootlists generation.

If you're reading this Sargy, I know it sounds like a lot, but all the various things are linked so closely together you can't help but touch on all the above items in fairly close succession. But we'll take it all at a speed you're happy with, and if you feel you need something to be explained a few times over, or practiced inflight several times over, please don't be afraid to ask.

You train for as long as you feel you need to, and keep posting here too if you need assistance with anything connected to TAW2 :)

Speak to you soon Bud :icon_salute3:

Cheers!

Rob

CPS_Bomber

It's probably two weeks away, but I'm looking forward to flying with you guys.

Likewise HF :thumbsup:

Us new kids on the block need kicking into shape pronto before Wombat teaches us too many bad habits - so don't be too long! :lol:

Cheers!

Rob

CPS_Bomber

It's probably two weeks away, but I'm looking forward to flying with you guys.

Two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been so long you'll need to go back to Flight School first! ;)

Bah! I may be sloppy, but I should be passable.

Speaking of which, I got tracking info from UPS. I get my PSU back June 6!

You still available on Raptr?

Many thanks to all for the welcome, gonna be a bit rusty but Bomber is giving me some tuition tonight, so if your on anyone more the merrier and good to be in at the deep end and learn.

possibly why the water was warm ??? :P:rofl:

Bah! I may be sloppy, but I should be passable.

You still available?

Sure,,,

mout_do.jpg