COMBATSIM Forum

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4 Out

Right well more strange behavior with BMS.....turned Multi-Sampling up to 7 and now I get this??

20120220165329.jpg

Explosion at Kimpo in campaign 60FPS Multi-Sampling 7

20120220165310.jpg

20120220165222q.jpg

Over Kimpo in campaign 60 FPS Multi-Sampling 7

20120220164842.jpg

Over Front lines in campaign 61 FPS Multi-Sampling 7

How the hell has FPS gone up?, I thought Multi-Sampling was harder on system?, all these pic's at max object density........to achive 60 FPS at Kimpo before raising MS I had to drop object density to 4?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20120220190556.jpg

No slowdown through smoke now?.....infact I'm getting no slowdown anywhere at all?, I must write down all my settings in Nvidia and BMS and Windows and motherboard right now and guard them with my life. ;) .

WEll wierd as it may be the Truth might be that since you are MAXXED on the settings it is using MORE of your Video Card to Convert the Graphics vs Offloading them to the CPU now??

I would like to see your Settings perhaps you can document them and put them up on the boards for US and for yourself for future reference..

Glad you are getting 60FPS.. I am going to give it a go on my machine but doube Ill get 60 FPS. As I am limited to 37.5 FPS with 3D Enabled.. But I will see what it is now with the Settings as they are and in 3d through Kimpo and then try with MS turned up.. But last time Multisampling CTD the game??

EDIT: Well I tried it and got the Expected Results except over kimpo I went down to 27FPS but for only a second or two..Same thing when I flew through Smoke..

But with the 3D OFF I was getting around 76FPS..

Well I came back from work today, fired up BMS, no settings changed from last night, and now I'm back to 40-38 FPS over Kimpo and through smoke, over front lines etc.. I can't understand it?, yet last night I was getting 60 with Vsync on everywhere!.......your getting 76 over Kimpo and through smoke with 3d off?, then I guess I must have something slowing me down?.

well same thnig happened to me the FPS where down same camp. only other thing i can think of is it is setting different groups of plnaes and such.. maybe there was less units yesterday and this campign generated more or less units???

Well I came back from work today, fired up BMS, no settings changed from last night, and now I'm back to 40-38 FPS over Kimpo and through smoke, over front lines etc.. I can't understand it?, yet last night I was getting 60 with Vsync on everywhere!.......your getting 76 over Kimpo and through smoke with 3d off?, then I guess I must have something slowing me down?.

Remember I am also Over Clocked on Both the CPU & GPU ;)

New Nvidia driver out today for 5 series:

GeForce R295 Driver

Version: 295.73 WHQL

Release Date: 2012.02.21

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit

Language: English (UK)

File Size: 198 MB

I'll see if it makes any difference to BMS?, I'm ok with frame rate dropping to 40 ish I just want to make sure I'm doing everything to get best performance out of BMS thats all.....Hope I succeed!? ;)

Aww hey Neph he we go again!......the strange behavior of BMS:

20120223185616.jpg

Full shaders, multi-sampling 7, constant 60-61 FPS in campaign over Kimpo, same over front lines....no drops?.........I'm starting to think that performance mode in ASUS ez mode only increases the CPU at certain moments in the game?, can't explain it otherwise!?.......I even have High Contrast MFD's selected in BMS config.?

OK first port of call for me is ASUS motherboard (P8Z 68-V LX) BIO's (press and hold delete key during system start up), you have three options in EZ MODE ( ECO, NORMAL, PERFORMANCE) select PERFORMANCE save and reset.

Make profile in Nvidia set up for the Falcon BMS.exe located in th BIN\ x86 folder with following settings:

bms4.png

bms5.png

Next change settings in BMS config to this:

bms1.pngbms2.png

Next this in graphics options in BMS:

bms3.png

Why HDR boom and blur and multi-sampling up to max?, no idea but increases FPS for me?

MY SPECS:

i5 2500K with liquid cooling system

GTX 570

ASUS P8Z 68-V LX

8gb 1333hz RAM

Object Density can be set to MAX however you might still get a drop from 60 FPS but not much, I like to rule out any drop so 5 is good for me and to be honest I can't notice any difference in the density at all?

Good luck :thumbsup:

OK I set mine to similar settings and got Steady FPS ;)

I also was wondering what your CPU is clocked to now?? Do you have the Program CPU-Z Get the latest from Guru3D.com and see what your CPU is clocked at.. You also might have it underclocked but when the CPU is in usage it goes to your PErformance Setting??

yes the nmber max you would want to reach is 100C. So as long as it is Cooler then that under load you are fine.. A way tou can check the temp under load is run Intel Burn Test with High Memory usage and run it and have a program on to monitor the temp of the CPU..

IF you get nervous you can Always STOP the Intel Burn Test and Temps will be reduced in mere seconds of turning it off..IT is also a GOOD way to TEST system Stability even if you have a NON Over clocked system.. if you fail during the test and where under 90C you have stability issues that need to be addressed perhaps your PS

U is NOT up to par if you would fail that is One thing to suspect..

I have ran it usally One run will be good to detect a Stable or NON Stable System..if you pass the test your system is running as expected and if you fail and the temps where under 100C you have Issues that need to be addressed..

All in ALL it is a Good Test to run to make sure your System is Stable even if NOT OVerclocked..I would say if you are clocked at 4.3 you probally wont go much over 75C if even near that temp..I can Run it and see what Temp I get for you to have a Baseline gimme a minute Ill run it in a sec and report back..

EDIT: 1 core got to 72C that is 28C to TJMAx which is Fine.. the other cores ran cooler but each core will run different.. Each chip is different too so you may have around those temps a little cooler or Hotter just keep monitorin the CPU temp. You can Use REAL TEMP. it is able to monitor all 4 cores..

New find!....If you have the update installed (BMS 4.32.1) then turn off multi-sampling in the game and use your card for the multi-sampling, I tried 'override the application' but game went choppy, so I set card to 'enhance application' and set it to 32xCSAA, turned on multi-sampling in game but set the value to '0', now I'm getting more FPS with smooth graphics.

Hey I did a test with my wife, brother and aunt..... when FPS drops from 60 in BMS its clearly noticeable to me, it stutters bad!, but all others couldn't notice the differance?......crap!, I need a brain driver update.

Its not unusual for individuals to see different visual results at the same FPS. My son-in-law can see stuttering at 60FPS and I can't. Apart from that, you are very couscous of what stuttering is. Get them all to look at say the bottom right or left corner of the screen during a low level pass at 40 FPS (or even less) and see if they can see it then. Then at least they know what they are looking for. ;)