COMBATSIM Forum

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4 Out

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it always happens, even before I even downloaded Explorer Suite, maybe its a conflict with some graphic setting?, or compatibility mode?

EDIT: What does one beep at start-up mean with ASUS motherboards?, I think it means everything is ok, however why does my memory show as 666.8 MHz?, yet the target speed in Bios is 1333?

No it always happens, even before I even downloaded Explorer Suite, maybe its a conflict with some graphic setting?, or compatibility mode?

EDIT: What does one beep at start-up mean with ASUS motherboards?, I think it means everything is ok, however why does my memory show as 666.8 MHz?, yet the target speed in Bios is 1333?

That One Beep is GOOD letting you know BIOS is loaded or similar.. NO NEED TO WORRY about that beep that is Normal..

OK Was Hoping it was NOT MY Fault ;) Anyhow you should goto the BMS guys with that one ..

as for the Memory it is Double that so 666.8 = 1333 So you are Fine..

Hey tested it again today, WOW......OC'd to 4.3 and a little bit, started up BMS, ALT + TAB out then selected HIGH priority CPU use in task manager for FalconBMS.exe, and what do you know, getting the best results ever!, I also have all the execute files in BMS changed to use 'greater then 2 gb ram' using Nephs Explorer Suite idea, I tried this at 3.30 GHz but switching FalconBMS.exe to HIGH priority made no difference, my theory is that BMS does not make use of the overclock good unless you set the priority to HIGH, I'm running almost full shaders, high particle lighting, and high rez clouds, and at object density 6, WOW!!.....if it works every time I do it then thats it!!, I'm all sorted for BMS. :beer2:

EDIT: I might try the forbidden 'REAL TIME' priority and see what that does!?

Well REAL TIME mode works just fine!, no stability issues. :thumbsup: .......now last thing to do is to find a way to get the FalconBMS.exe to run in REAL TIME or HIGH priority mode every time I start it up without having to keep setting it manually each time?

EDIT: scrap REAL TIME, I keep getting a unknown crash with it, HIGH priority is fine!.

Well REAL TIME mode works just fine!, no stability issues. :thumbsup: .......now last thing to do is to find a way to get the FalconBMS.exe to run in REAL TIME or HIGH priority mode every time I start it up without having to keep setting it manually each time?

EDIT: scrap REAL TIME, I keep getting a unknown crash with it, HIGH priority is fine!.

Hey RED WELL know you know about the REAL TIME Gremlin LOL!! Anyhow I could of sworn there was some program that would do this Automaticllay for you but you needed to set it up to tell it to go High Priority upon statring SAID EXE!! I will keep Googling..

Found a way to input it in the Start Command :

http://www.microsoft...t.mspx?mfr=true

seems it uses the CMD Box to run it before loading the program so it will start to use whichever priority you assign but looks to be too much a PITA to setup every time..

Maybe I should crack open the old C++ Program book I bought and whip up a lil exe to do it for us..

IF you know somebody that codes they probally could do it real easy it is pretty basic stuff needed to do this.

Sounds like all you need is a batch file.

Maybe we should go back to the days where you needed a 'boot floppy' for each game...

OMG REMBER THOSE DAYS HAHAHA!!!!!!!

Ya that would probally work as well it is using the CMD Prompt but I thought since that Program I wrote it worked in the CMD Prompt it would be simiar and problly not too hard to setup so you just run that program and it does it for you but maybe a batch file would be just as easy???

Well back to the F4 How are your FPS Now?? I was wondering what was the last Software mod you tried did it work??

It really will NOT matter to me as I can ONLY get 37.5 FPS Whilst using S3D.. That will change once or IF I get new DLP 120hz Projectors then 60FPS will be Attainable..

Its going well!.....OC'd to 4.3 GHz, changed anti-virus because the one I was running had like 6 or something executes in task manager so I recommend a lite anti-virus, also I would shut down all unnecessary services in windows for a bigger boost, still selecting HIGH priority for FalconBMS.exe, works just fine!, .........an other option is (if you need it) drop to Object Density 5 (no real difference from 6 IMHO), but better FPS!.

Hi there. New in this forum.

BMS 4.32 is the best that happend to Falcon4.0 since it's release many, many, many (Inspector Lassard) years ago!

Liked the F4AF alot, but this is just better in so many, many(Knock it off) ways.

Krauses training-videos is a great help learning the more advanced avionics, so watch them if in doubt.

Got banned at simHQ because I posted a direct link to a F4.exe download :wtf: , same rules here?

Happy hunting

I think Object Density 5 is much better, all you seem to lose is them badly draw trees!, no great loss and the FPS boost is great!, I'm sticking with 5, I'm getting no slowdown even through a line of smoke clouds near Mandumi day 1 Rolling Fire!, and thats with Teamspeak running as well. :thumbsup:

Well you could keep the EXE under your hat for now.. No need to post it here anyhpw we all have F4 well most of us..

Still looking to get a Flight in been so long since I actually flew F4 Not sure I remember the commands..

Been playing to much WOW!!

This small little program will limit your FPS, so say if the lowest you drop to over the FLOT is 30 FPS then use this to limit your FPS to 30 and you have a constant frame rate wherever you fly in BMS!, and also means you can run with more eye candy!, fanastic!........http://www.kegetys.fi/misc/....extract it to the C:/Falcon BMS 4.32/Bin/x86 folder, and set Vsync to ON in video card settings.

Wombat, I can not understand how you can think 10 FPS is good, but I wish I was like you, I need smoothness with a flight sim, TAW and EF2000 have it!, thats why I love them............I wish I could write code, I'd make the best Flight Sim ever. :P

No, no !!! I hate it. :wtf: Its just I can get no better with the Netbook. :lol:

Hey now what's this?........I don't get any slowdowns in Tiger Spirit and Iron Fortress campaign?, its only Rolling Fire!, and thats also the only campaign I get crashes with?, maybe its the Rolling Fire campaign after all!, its porked!

EDIT: and I monitored CPU and GPU during Rolling Fire slowdowns and they both did not appear to be under great stress??.....Hmmmm?