COMBATSIM Forum

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4 Out

OK this is my last post on BMS 4 (thank god I hear you say ;) ).......well anyway turns out that wherever I fly in BMS, even over the FLOT DAY 1 in Tiger Spirit and Iron Fortress campaigns I get smooth 60 FPS (Vsync ON), and no crashes!, and all this at stock 3.30 GHz......but with Rolling Fire campaign I get major slowdowns once I fly north past Kimpo, even if Overclocked as high as 4.5 GHz also I get a FCR radar crash if I select HARMS but only north of KIMPO Rolling Fire campaign, other crashes too!.....so my conclusion is that the Rolling Fire campaign has major bugs and is porked!.....apart from that little gripe I quite like BMS now. :P

....Red out.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neph make sure your 'SEASON' is set to 'SUMMER' otherwise it messes with the IT-BMS tiles, I had 'FALL' selected for the season when I first installed and it caused major problems, strange graphic anomalies and big FPS drops, switched season back to summer and everything running smooth now.

EDIT: you also need Update 1 installed too before installing the IT-BMS theater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Usually when there's nothing but borecap on the menu, I'll fast forward the campaign until some strikes show up. Usually this is the lull in the battle rhythm, as the hardware used for strike packages is down for maintenance, refuelling, and rearming.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to try CAS. It's very difficult, and you want to make yourself familiar with the maverick so much that you can acquire and bag two point targets (i.e. vehicles) on a single pass. Try interdiction first, as you will be able to do this without the risk of hitting friendlies; identification becomes the other major factor in a CAS role.

This is an awesome Sim, I'm back too good missions, but hell it rocks!, FPS with Track IR is as close to real life FPS, which is crucial for me in a Sim, but hell every day uncovers something new....awesome!, thanks for helping with my rig build HF and Neph!, I didn't have a clue about modern hardware........I'm happy with BMS. :thumbsup:

I don't know about the Mac version of F4, but in the PC versions the mouse is used for avionics manipulation (e.g. switches, buttons, etc.). It is possible to fly F4 with the keyboard, but given the level of fidelity with the Falcon sims, I highly recommend using a joystick, and preferably a HOTAS setup.

Hmm i have heard somwhere that you can use the mouse like a joystick. If anybody knows something about that who has a mac too that would be great!

but thanks for your answer home fries!

is falcon 4.0 bms playable with mouse instead of an joystick?